Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 09:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Bible is not a holy God!
I never said that the Bible is a god.

Nevertheless, it accurately tells us everything that we need to know about the true and living God.

Psa 138:2, I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 09:46 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Also, there is no need to test the scriptures against any kind of bias against the judgment and wrath of a holy God;
Because those who penned the holy scriptures were tested by the early church and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).
If the tree is good, I consider that the fruit (that which is penned as holy scripture) is also good (Matthew 7:15-20).
You can repeat this false human rationale as often as you like but it will not make it true! There is no excuse not to make sure that the scripture you are using IS holy by testing it for compatibility with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:50 PM

Of course if I preach something as true it is not going to make that thing true. The same principle applies to your preaching.

Hopefully, I preach what is true because it is true regardless of whether I preach it to you or not.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Of course if I preach something as true it is not going to make that thing true. The same principle applies to your preaching.

Hopefully, I preach what is true because it is true regardless of whether I preach it to you or not.
But you preach it as true without using the only source of truth we have -- Jesus Christ because you trust what MEN have told you about the Bible. That is very foolish

Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But you preach it as true without using the only source of truth we have -- Jesus Christ because you trust what MEN have told you about the Bible. That is very foolish
No; I trust the Bible as I read it for myself.

And the Bible is the only source of truth.

That is where you get your information about God's demonstration of agape love in the Lord Jesus enduring the Cross.

But God's love is even more evident to me in that I recognize that Jesus took the penalty for my sins on the Cross; and that the justice and wrath of Almighty God was appeased through what Jesus did for us; because God does indeed have emotions concerning sin; and He dealt with that emotion (wrath) by pouring it out on Himself instead of us (and this apples to us if we believe in what Jesus did for us on the Cross).

Old 09-14-2021, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
No; I trust the Bible as I read it for myself.

And the Bible is the only source of truth.
You do not believe Jesus is God in the flesh because you accept a belief about His Holy Spirit that is completely at variance and contradictory to the one He unambiguously demonstrated on the Cross under the most excruciating conditions a human being could undergo. He had perfect agape love and forgiveness even for His torturers and murderers. The significance of that completely escaped our ancestors who were deeply conditioned to a wrathful God and could not imagine any other God because they believed everything negative that happened in the world was the result of God's wrath, even their own actions.

That is why they completely misread what Jesus did on the Cross as demanded by God's wrath instead of our savage and brutal ancestors. The rest is history and explains your mistaken belief that the Bible correctly portrays God instead of the actions of Jesus the Word of God Himself on the Cross. You should be grateful that Jesus forgave us completely for our ignorance because we know not what we do. You are gonna need that forgiveness.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:17 PM

God trained the Israelites to think correctly about Him through the events of the Old Testament.

Jesus dying on the Cross demonstrates the fact that He took the penalty for our sins.

If anyone believes that He did that for them personally, and receives Jesus as their Saviour and as their Lord, He will redeem their soul.

Also, I not only believe that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
I am beginning to understand the reason you were band from the other forum.
No one can have a conversation with you and that self-righteous demeanor.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:42 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am beginning to understand the reason you were band from the other forum.
No one can have a conversation with you and that self-righteous demeanor.
Why do we even bother? He also believes Jim and Tammy Baker are the two witnesses in Revelation or some type of prophets that are fallen. Jim and Tammy Baker? THE Jim and Tammy Baker??? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 09-15-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Why do we even bother? He also believes Jim and Tammy Baker are the two witnesses in Revelation or some type of prophets that are fallen. Jim and Tammy Baker? THE Jim and Tammy Baker??? LOL LOL LOL LOL
No, I don't.

You are the one who apparently "prophesied" that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity