Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 02:15 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I think I see where you're coming from. Are you saying that: because Jesus didn't immediately resist or punish those who treated Him unjustly, that proves that God is not "wrathful" or "vengeful"?
Where we are at odds with mystic is that mystic believes that Jesus was a literal mortal man who was resurrected as a spirit

And that we also are born human and then become spirits

For him it is all about the individual

In the first centuries there was those thoughts being built upon and developed, but at that time they needed to be regarded as heretical because of the need to protect the writings they had inherited from corruption

The legacy/testament that had come from the Hebrews in their Scriptures were joined together with the gospels, epistles to form the Holy Scriptures and the Church Fathers, Doctors, Saints were aware of their responsibility of building up the Church to keep the Scriptures safe in the body of the Church, and also for administrative duties

However those that inherited that system are responsible for different things because of the different time and season they are in

The Protestant Revolution/reformation was about breaking down the unrighteous/ungodly parts of the (romanish/popish) Church system/organisation and for the distribution of all the “goods” “possessions” that they had accumulated to be sorted/judged by the sectarian, heretical parts (the denominations)

Luther was not against the person of the Pope as being the ordained Father/Bishop of the Church which is an inherited position

What he was against was the system that had trapped the Pope, this is about the systems/organisations that are for their own selves instead of for the people - it is losing sight of what the systems have been put in place for

Mystic is personally entitled to not be in bondage to “the system” I myself personally am not in bondage to any of the outward church systems, but I do recognise that those systems do have their place in society by design

Distinctions are very important for those who are given the job of seeing the distinctions and to bring it to awareness of their own brethren, who are on a similar “wavelength”

Gal 5:1**Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2**Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3**For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Gal 5:13**For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14**For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15**But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 5:19**Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20**Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21**Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24**And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

We are actually all brethren at the individual level, but we also have extra inherited responsibilities because of the systemic/organisational/structural that is necessary/needed, but what is needed will vary based on the current time and season

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-15-2021 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 02:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
i realize that our ignorant primitive ancestors believed that everything that happened on earth positive or negative was the result of God. For example, God warning Noah of an impending tsunami or flood was naturally interpreted and explained as the wrath of God for "whatever" instead of a prophetic early warning of an impending natural disaster. At some point, when you have to rationalize a bunch of apologetic nonsense to explain the irrational beliefs of our ignorant primitive ancestors, maybe it's an indication that THEY interpreted it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm talking about Jude. One of the apostles. He wrote it. Jesus destroyed unbelievers.
Again, though...you'll simply make an excuse rather than believe what is written.
You need to stop ignoring what I post so you will not miss their point. Jude is referring to what our ancestors believed God did in the OT, NOT something Jesus did AS JESUS! Our ancestors were wrong about God, period. That is WHY Jesus had to come in the flesh to show them God's True Nature.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:01 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
You need to stop ignoring what I post so you will not miss their point. Jude is referring to what our ancestors believed God did in the OT, NOT something Jesus did AS JESUS! Our ancestors were wrong about God, period. That is WHY Jesus had to come in the flesh to show them God's True Nature.
Jude (or rather Judas) looks back at the writings that were prophetic, and looks forward to the fulfilling of them

G2455***(Strong)
Ἰουδάς
Ioudas
ee-oo-das'
Of Hebrew origin [H3063]; Judas (that is, Jehudah), the name of ten Israelites; also of the posterity of one of them and its region: - Juda (-h, -s); Jude.

Names and regions are important scripturally and Jesus equivalent name in the OT is Joshua

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-15-2021 at 03:12 PM..

Old 09-16-2021, 07:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Jude was an apostle. He walked with and talked with Jesus. Do you believe that? Or are you going to ignore him because you don't like him?

Jude said Jesus destroyed unbelievers.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:56 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
i realize that our ignorant primitive ancestors believed that everything that happened on earth positive or negative was the result of God. For example, God warning Noah of an impending tsunami or flood was naturally interpreted and explained as the wrath of God for "whatever" instead of a prophetic early warning of an impending natural disaster. At some point, when you have to rationalize a bunch of apologetic nonsense to explain the irrational beliefs of our ignorant primitive ancestors, maybe it's an indication that THEY interpreted it wrong.
Quote:
I'm talking about Jude. One of the apostles. He wrote it. Jesus destroyed unbelievers.

Again, though...you'll simply make an excuse rather than believe what is written.
Quote:
Quote:
Jude was an apostle. He walked with and talked with Jesus. Do you believe that? Or are you going to ignore him because you don't like him?

Jude said Jesus destroyed unbelievers.
Jude said God destroyed unbelievers because that is what our ancestors believed and wrote in the OT and Moses. That is the veil over their hearts preventing them from seeing the truth right in front of their eyes in Jesus. Stop saying that Jesus destroyed anyone AS JESUS! It never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity