Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 10:54 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because mine is ALL consistent and NOT contradictory,
Except where it directly contradicts what God has said about himself. And your response is to simply claim the bible is wrong and you're right.

You are doing the exact same thing you attack others for.
Quote:

including with the science we have so far discovered about our Reality. What you believe is NOT consistent and IS contradictory indicating the flawed and fallible imprint of human errors and corruption.
Yet, you want us to believe that you, a flawed and fallible human being with the same errors and corruption are somehow telling the truth.

I'd rather buy a used Rolex on the Subway in New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 11:49 AM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Except where it directly contradicts what God has said about himself. And your response is to simply claim the bible is wrong and you're right.
You are doing the exact same thing you attack others for.
Yet, you want us to believe that you, a flawed and fallible human being with the same errors and corruption are somehow telling the truth.
I'd rather buy a used Rolex on the Subway in New York.
Are you deliberately NOT listening to me? I don't expect anyone to believe me. But if you cannot see the incredible absurdity of considering Jesus to be wrathful given His response to the horrendously brutal scourging and crucifixion, you cannot be helped to see God as Jesus revealed Him to be.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Are you deliberately NOT listening to me? I don't expect anyone to believe me.
But you have been quite vocal in how you believe others are wrong.
Quote:

But if you cannot see the incredible absurdity of considering Jesus to be wrathful given His response to the horrendously brutal scourging and crucifixion, you cannot be helped to see God as Jesus revealed Him to be.
I believe Jesus to be holy. You apparently don't. He will pardon all that come to him. But those that don't have to pay for their own sin.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
But you have been quite vocal in how you believe others are wrong.
I believe Jesus to be holy. You apparently don't. He will pardon all that come to him. But those that don't have to pay for their own sin.
I believe Jesus to be Holy. I do NOT believe the Bible to be Holy. That is why I believe God to be as Jesus revealed Him to be not how the writings of our primitive ancestors believed God to be.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:14 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
what you believe to be true, is not what Jehovah God wanted those who worshiped him to believe. you said "In order to consider God wrathful and vengeful we would need to ignore the context that controlled our ancient ancestors' recorded interpretations of any inspirations from God." first!, Jehovah didn't just use anyone to write down his words, he picked who he wanted. and it was by means of his Holy Spirit. he told his Faithful servant Daniel to write down words that wasn't meant for him to understand. but for the time of the END, it was meant for US. since we are living in the "LAST DAYS." ,(Dan. 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased).

see also (Dan. 12:8-10 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand). Peter who was WITH Jesus wrote this ,(2Pet. 1:20,21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost). what was written, was written for those in the last days, (Rom.15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope).

assuming you're referring to the bad decisions that the people made. it was NOT God but man himself. are you then saying that the bad in which man do today. it's only because God made them do it? men, then and NOW are responsible for their own wicked actions and the bad decisions that we make. which causes their troubles, not God! and they did NOT see God as an wrathful and vengeful Being, who needed them to make peace with him through blood sacrifices. they had to do animal sacrifices because they were IMPERFECT, and they needed mediating blood in order for there prayers to reach God. today we have Jesus Perfect Blood ,which paved the way for our prayer to reach Jehovah, (1Pet. 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot). Notice we don't do any animal sacrifices a those did in the days of old?

you said "God wants us to succeed NOT please Him by obedience." NOT TRUE, they were punish strictly for being Disobedient, just as Adam and Eve was. if the Israelites had totally Obeyed Jehovah God. he wouldn't either had to punish them himself, or allowed their enemies to take them as captives. true, Christians are to "attain spiritual maturity." but you're wrong when you say that "Jesus was sent, NOT to pay for some ill-described "sins of mankind", because he was! Jesus even TOLD US THAT!, (John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life). I think he would KNOW!

you said "Try to interpret what they must have meant" concerning God's love. these Men meant exactly what they wrote because it was the "GOD of Love" by means of his H.S., who directed them. so to "interpret" these words any other way other than what it was meant. would be to change his words, which MANY had done! "Reject the concept" of what this God plan to do with those who refuse to be Obedient. is NOT going to stop him from doing what he chooses to soon do! (Colo. 3:6 For it is because of these things that the wrath of God will come upon the sons of disobedience). Man DID FALL by means of the "ORIGINAL SIN." and though he's a God of Love, he's NOT one to be mocked. he can get anger and he does takes vengeance. as he have said ,(Rom. 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,†says the Lord). get it right!

you believe Jesus didn't get angry? maybe you should read when he turn the tables of those who were being dishonest towards the customers, (Matt. 21:12,13). you don't think Jesus was angry when he came down on the Pharisees? ,(Matt. 23: 13-16 and Luke 11: 42-44). true Jesus showed much love, but like his Father, he didn't play! and "Spiritual Solid Food" are for those who have matured Spiritually. some are still on the milk stages ,(Heb. 5:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant. But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil). peace
who you talking to? the quote button is your friend.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I believe Jesus to be Holy. I do NOT believe the Bible to be Holy. That is why I believe God to be as Jesus revealed Him to be not how the writings of our primitive ancestors believed God to be.
Yet, you believe that Jesus does not get offended at sin. That he overlooks it. That isn't holy. Your version of Jesus can tolerate sin. But God has said otherwise.

And still waiting for your answer of why you'd believe another messenger from God preaching another gospel.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:29 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Your version of Jesus can tolerate sin.
actually that would be your version as you believe He will tolerate sin for all eternity.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yet, you believe that Jesus does not get offended at sin. That he overlooks it. That isn't holy. Your version of Jesus can tolerate sin. But God has said otherwise.

And still waiting for your answer of why you'd believe another messenger from God preaching another gospel.
Jesus overlooks nothing. We will reap exactly what we sow and do not repent of. I follow no other messenger than Jesus Christ, and certainly not the mistaken messengers you follow in the Bible. Jesus Christ revealed and demonstrated who God is, period! I accept only those writings that agree with and are compatible with the God Jesus revealed.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Jesus overlooks nothing. We will reap exactly what we sow and do not repent of. I follow no other messenger than Jesus Christ, and certainly not the mistaken messengers you follow in the Bible. Jesus Christ revealed and demonstrated who God is, period! I accept only those writings that agree with and are compatible with the God Jesus revealed.
Yes. You believe what your own heart reveals, and nothing more.

Sorry if we don't believe it, too. It's a subjective standard. For a guy who claims to be a former Professor, it's amazing that you'd place so much stock in such a standard.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
He will pardon all that come to him. But those that don't have to pay for their own sin.
We are all responsible for our own thoughts, deeds, and actions; good or bad.

And, you will die, Baptist - for are not the wages of your SIN - that of DEATH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity