Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 07:53 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times

Advertisements

Jesus didn’t say if you love me you’ll try your best to keep my commandments but repent when you don’t. No.

He said; “If you love me you’ll keep my commandments”.

It can be done.

Problem here is Christianity does not know the commandments so how can they be kept if no one understands?

These verses can help.

“If you continue in my word your truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

“If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.”

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do….”

“The words I speak are not my own (parrot) it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.”

“Genuine worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth…”

(Father) “Your word is truth.”

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them…”

“As you sent me into the world so I have sent them.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 08:02 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus didn’t say if you love me you’ll try your best to keep my commandments but repent when you don’t. No.
It can be done.
Problem here is Christianity does not know the commandments so how can they be kept if no one understands?
These verses can help.
“If you continue in my word your truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
“The words I speak are not my own (parrot) it is the Father who lives in me performing His works.”
(Father) “Your word is truth.”\
It takes an extremely simple mind to literally believe that God created the entire human species for the express purpose of parroting His words!!!

Old 08-13-2021, 08:53 PM

Location: Check out > Mission Printing.US (Click on Publications for bible answers)
304 posts, read 83,228 times
1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

Ac 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized,

Ac 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

#

We can obey the Lord commands. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16)

We will fail. (1Jn. 3:4) (Acts 8:20)

If you're a Christian repent and pray for forgiveness. (Acts 8:20-24)

Ac 2:42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova2216 View Post
1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

Ac 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized,

Ac 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. 21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. 22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

#

We can obey the Lord commands. (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16)

We will fail. (1Jn. 3:4) (Acts 8:20)

If you're a Christian repent and pray for forgiveness. (Acts 8:20-24)

Ac 2:42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
You can’t undo scripture with false scripture.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It takes an extremely simple mind to literally believe that God created the entire human species for the express purpose of parroting His words!!!
It’s deeper than you can imagine. That’s why God won’t let you in.

Even the little you think you have will be taken away.

Old 08-14-2021, 02:50 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
See there are many parroted words that come from the spirit, and people claim they came from them only, like there is familiar spirits which blend in and people find familiar .... When people say things like ``I am sick or never stop claiming their sickness and crying their pain, what kills me, I don't believe this, or even things today like ``that is climate change``the devil brings storms and drought, then these are the words of the beast, and it will attract the devil who rules over them as they speak His words and will parrot the devil words ....................... Then God says `` Speak my Words and pray my Words and this will bring life ....... God's Words are harder to speak as He does not force His Words of people, where the devil puts His words in people mouths

Old 08-14-2021, 03:30 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:

It can be done.

These verses can help.

Free, I know that you love our Lord, and very serious about it. I also believe you are doing your very best to imitate Christ in your everyday life. That is well pleasing to the Father of us all!

I'm supposing no one has ever explained to you the New Covenant, how the knowledge of the New Covenant came about and why it was hidden from man for so long, but yet seen in the writings of the prophets. As the apostle Paul unravels this Mystery for us, he pulls from the writings of these prophets in explanation. The book of Acts shows us how God began to first work in Peter to bring us this knowledge while at the same time He also was preparing a special vessel with a special calling to give us the understanding of that Mystery in writing. He is Paul of Tarsus, a chosen vessel by Christ (Acts 9:15-16) to evangelize the Gentiles and give the world the meaning of the New Covenant.

Volumes of books have been written on this subject because that's what it takes to explain it. The entire plan of God from before the foundation of the world is involved here. It covers thousands of years and countless people associated in the process. How can I explain it in this setting? I will have to condense it beginning with the first experiences of this plan presented to the apostles. But first there is something very important that must be known to understand this Mystery.

When Jesus came on the scene in Israel, He stood in the streets of Jerusalem and shouted out, "the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." At that very moment the Kingdom was being offered to Israel. He was saying to them, your Messiah is here with the Kingdom for you!

If they had accepted Him there wouldn't have been this past 2000 years of the Church Age, the Kingdom of God would have descended then and there. What we read in scripture of the future reign of Christ on this earth would have begun there on the spot! But He was rejected as already known by God and the Kingdom did not come, so now the alternate plan of God, which He planned before man was created will go into effect. God will create the Church to bring Jesus Christ to the world in place of the Jews.

This is where the New Covenant is beginning to be revealed to man, the Mystery as Paul calls it. The Gentiles would become fellow heirs of the Kingdom of God with the Jews.

Eph. 3:2-6

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:"

The Jews believed and Christ confirmed it that salvation and the Kingdom was only for the Jews. But they didn't know the ultimate plan of God yet concerning the Gentiles. They were to accept their Messiah and introduce Him to the world, thereby evangelizing mankind. Christ confirmed this in Matt. 15:22-28, when the Gentile woman came to Him begging for her daughter to healed.

At first Christ ignored her, and then said, "I am only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she called Him the son of David and worshiped Him, being a Gentile. Then Jesus said to her, "it is not proper to take the children's bread and cast it to the dogs." He called her a dog because she was not a Jew!

But what does she do? She tells the Lord, "yet the dogs eat of the crumbs from their Master's table." Jesus said to her, "great is thy faith, be it unto you even as you will." Her daughter was healed from that great faith.

So we see later that Christ was rejected and thereby the Kingdom was also rejected. Now we are ready for the New Covenant in Christ's Blood to be introduced as given by the scripture!

This is just a short introduction, I will continue in a later post today as time permits.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:31 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:

It can be done.

These verses can help.

That seems to be the identifier of love, at least one of the identifiers. The same is said for Jehovah, and no doubt love for your parents would motivate you to obey them as well.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:58 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,131,665 times
Quote:

It can be done.

These verses can help.

We know the commandments:

Love the Lord with all of your heart, mind and soul.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

(And the other 10 Commandments.)

Old 08-14-2021, 09:43 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
We know the commandments:Love the Lord with all of your heart, mind and soul.
Love your neighbor as yourself.(And the other 10 Commandments.)
I find along with the first "10" there is a number "11","12","13" up to around 600 besides the first ten.
Jesus gives us a New Commandment found at John 13:34-35.
We are to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor MORE than self, more than the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18.
Besides showing 'practical love' ( as the neighborly good Samaritan did ) we can show 'spiritual love'.
We can do what Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 to tell others about God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity