Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 01:30 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
^^^^^Attention Charlie and JBF! Read this post and let it penetrate your self-righteous souls. Your efforts are not edifying.
I come across and read this passage of scripture about once per week.

And, btw, my righteousness is not my own but is imputed to me through faith in Jesus Christ.

How, then, is there any validity to your claim that I, and Charlie24, are self-righteous?

Also, our efforts will be edifying to those who have receive the same Holy Spirit as we have received; as the sincere milk of the word.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-23-2021 at 01:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 08:15 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
And, btw, my righteousness is not my own but is imputed to me through faith in Jesus Christ.
How, then, is there any validity to your claim that I, and Charlie24, are self-righteous?
Also, our efforts will be edifying to those who have receive the same Holy Spirit as we have received; as the sincere milk of the word.
Troglodytes can edify no one while fearfully remaining in their dark caves drinking "carnal milk" and refusing to come out into the light of God and eat "spiritual solid food." Whatever spirit you are following, it is NOT the Holy Spirit because it has the OPPOSITE characteristics of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross. If you believe in Satan, that is whose spirit you are following.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

You cannot take your rote learning; a reading of the Scriptures and claim you have ultimate knowledge, wisdom and discernment from drinking milk. No human should be consuming milk after they've been weaned from their mother's breast. Especially, when you ought to be teachers of the word, which you are not! Now, back to your rote learning of ...a, b, c ...1, 2, 3...and merely quoting - because you surely do not have a good understanding of the Scriptures.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:16 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I'm looking for anyone's practical tips--any routine that anyone has to stay on track with God.

For me, I started reading the Bible every day, using the online "lectionary" that my church offers. I also discovered the numerous online guides that describe how to pray for an hour, and I started doing that on Sunday mornings. That's been wonderful, and both of these things have been hugely helpful--much more helpful than church services.

Any others? I'm always eager to try new things for prayer, Bible reading/study, etc. for spiritual growth.
There is no routine to keep you straight with the Lord, leave that to the Holy Spirit after you believe the gospel of grace. 1COR15:1-4 is where you need to go. If you're IN Christ and IN the body of Christ Jesus will take care of the rest..........keep looking up

Old 08-23-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Troglodytes can edify no one while fearfully remaining in their dark caves drinking "carnal milk" and refusing to come out into the light of God and eat "spiritual solid food." Whatever spirit you are following, it is NOT the Holy Spirit because it has the OPPOSITE characteristics of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross. If you believe in Satan, that is whose spirit you are following.
It is the spirit of satan that would deny that God is just and righteous in all His ways.

I do not deny that the Father is forgiving; but I would preach to you that He has demonstrated what His forgiveness means to Him in dying on the Cross.

When He went to such a length to forgive people and then people reject that forgiveness saying that it wasn't really needed for Jesus to die on the Cross, I think that that would even evoke some kind of anger in me if I were God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot take your rote learning; a reading of the Scriptures and claim you have ultimate knowledge, wisdom and discernment from drinking milk. No human should be consuming milk after they've been weaned from their mother's breast. Especially, when you ought to be teachers of the word, which you are not! Now, back to your rote learning of ...a, b, c ...1, 2, 3...and merely quoting - because you surely do not have a good understanding of the Scriptures.
I know all things because I have an unction from the holy one (1 John 2:20).

Adults drink milk with their cereal all the time; and milk is a healthy part of the diet of many an adult.

It is chock full of Vitamin D which is good for you.

1 Peter 2:2-3 was not only written to baby Christians.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It is the spirit of satan that would deny that God is just and righteous in all His ways.
God IS just and righteous in all His way, but His ways are NOT our ways. You are using flawed Human justice and its imperfect punishment and pretending that God's Perfect Justice must be the same. You make it even worse by suggesting the punishment is eternal. That is Satanic if anything IS!!!
Quote:
I do not deny that the Father is forgiving, but I would preach to you that He has demonstrated what His forgiveness means to Him in dying on the Cross.
When He went to such a length to forgive people and then people reject that forgiveness saying that it wasn't really needed for Jesus to die on the Cross, I think that that would even evoke some kind of anger in me if I were God.
That is such a sick and twisted interpretation of what happened. You have to assume God has wrath and vengeance and needed a horrendous scourging and crucifixion to appease Him. So you assume He sends His Son to be tortured and murdered so He can forgive us for "whatever!" That is NOT forgiveness and it is certainly NOT the infinite agape love and forgiveness of our infinite God. It definitely is NOT confirmed by what Jesus actually did on the Cross which revealed no hint of wrath or vengeance in Him!!!

But what Jesus accomplished while in His human body and subject to ALL the frailties and pain of the flesh was an EXTREME act of agape love and forgiveness!! He endured the horrendous torture of scourging and the extreme agony of crucifixion while loving and forgiving even His torturers and murderers! How you could in any way think that was the act of a God of wrath and vengeance who was unable to love and forgive us for ANYTHING is beyond my understanding!! It is just too sick and twisted for words to describe!!
Quote:
I know all things because I have an unction from the holy one (1 John 2:20).
I would get a refund on that unction if I were you. It seems to have failed miserably.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:24 PM

The fact remains that it hurts to forgive; and God demonstrated the hurt that He feels when He forgives us by showing us what His forgiveness towards us does to Him, when He died on the Cross.

Human justice is in fact different from God's justice; but it should be clear that God's justice is described most aptly in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50, and 25:46.

These passages do indeed show a marked difference between man's justice and God's justice.

For man, if another man commits murder, may only give him a life sentence to the common prison; while God, for the same offence, will relegate a man to "the furnace of fire" where there is "wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50) as a form of everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).

Old 08-24-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The fact remains that it hurts to forgive; and God demonstrated the hurt that He feels when He forgives us by showing us what His forgiveness towards us does to Him, when He died on the Cross.

Human justice is in fact different from God's justice; but it should be clear that God's justice is described most aptly in such passages as Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50, and 25:46.

These passages do indeed show a marked difference between man's justice and God's justice.

For man, if another man commits murder, may only give him a life sentence to the common prison; while God, for the same offence, will relegate a man to "the furnace of fire" where there is "wailing and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 13:41-42, 13:49-50) as a form of everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46).
You have it completely screwed up. It is our human wrath and vengeance that would demand such an unspeakable punishment BECAUSE we are impotent to prevent the seeming unrepairable damage caused. God has no such limitations or impotence to repair the injustice and restore the balance destroyed by the crime.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:05 PM

However, God will not change the heart of a man against his will.

So, those who refuse to allow the Lord to change their hearts, will have to face the consequences; they will not be allowed to roam free in heaven.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
However, God will not change the heart of a man against his will.
So, those who refuse to allow the Lord to change their hearts, will have to face the consequences; they will not be allowed to roam free in heaven.
All human evil is the result of human ignorance of their true status and purpose for existing. Once that ignorance is removed all the reasons for evil will be removed. Why do you think that God cannot make that happen? How did it happen with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity