Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 05:08 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I'm looking for anyone's practical tips--any routine that anyone has to stay on track with God.

For me, I started reading the Bible every day, using the online "lectionary" that my church offers. I also discovered the numerous online guides that describe how to pray for an hour, and I started doing that on Sunday mornings. That's been wonderful, and both of these things have been hugely helpful--much more helpful than church services.

Any others? I'm always eager to try new things for prayer, Bible reading/study, etc. for spiritual growth.

There is only one routine--Listening to Jesus and obeying. Like this super important teaching.
Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness, and all these other things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Its the only way one learns to do this-John 4:22-24
Many teachers claiming to be of Jesus do not teach many things he teaches. It exposes them.
Like at John 17:1-6,26( a prayer to his Father)--verse 3- Jesus teaches-The one who sent him( = Father-John 5:30)is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. And one must know him and know Jesus to get eternal life)- Verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) verse 26- a promise to keep making his Fathers name known.)YHWH(Jehovah)
Hallowed be thy name= YHWH(Jehovah)
Jesus teaches-His Father is his God just like our God-John 20:17, Rev 3:12

These truths are not taught in buildings called-church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 05:12 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
However, God will not change the heart of a man against his will.
So, those who refuse to allow the Lord to change their hearts, will have to face the consequences; they will not be allowed to roam free in heaven.
What is missed in all the convoluted thinking under the veil over reading the OT and Moses is the fact that God gave Dominion to HUMANS. Now He resides within our consciousness as the Comforter (human-born Holy Spirit of God) so guess who has ALL the Dominion authority over our human spirits (consciousnesses), JBF? I certainly did not CHOOSE to encounter Him and have my atheism erased. Your belief about God's inability to change anyone's mind is sadly mistaken.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:00 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
All human evil is the result of human ignorance of their true status and purpose for existing. Once that ignorance is removed all the reasons for evil will be removed. Why do you think that God cannot make that happen? How did it happen with you?
God apprehended me when I said to Him, "I don't know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You're real, You will reveal Yourself to me."

Quote:
What is missed in all the convoluted thinking under the veil over reading the OT and Moses is the fact that God gave Dominion to HUMANS. Now He resides within our consciousness as the Comforter (human-born Holy Spirit of God) so guess who has ALL the Dominion authority over our human spirits (consciousnesses), JBF? I certainly did not CHOOSE to encounter Him and have my atheism erased. Your belief about God's inability to change anyone's mind is sadly mistaken.
I'm not saying that God cannot win a soul to Himself by supernatural means. After all, Paul became a Christian when he had his road to Damascus experience. I will say that even though Paul's experience was very likely overwhelming, he still had a choice in the matter of whether or not he would become a Christian.

It may be said that God changed Paul's mind at Damascus. However, Paul had the option of not having his mind be changed.

God did not overrride Paul's free will when he apprehended him.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:10 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
God apprehended me when I said to Him, "I don't know if You're real; but I'm going to start reading Your word and doing what it says; and I know that if You're real, You will reveal Yourself to me."

I'm not saying that God cannot win a soul to Himself by supernatural means. After all, Paul became a Christian when he had his road to Damascus experience. I will say that even though Paul's experience was very likely overwhelming, he still had a choice in the matter of whether or not he would become a Christian.

It may be said that God changed Paul's mind at Damascus. However, Paul had the option of not having his mind be changed.

God did not overrride Paul's free will when he apprehended him.
What changes minds is our experiences. That is what will alter our will once we directly experience the undeniable and absolute truth of God instead of our current ignorance and supposition. That is something I suspect will be far more disturbing to you than to me.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:17 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
I'm looking for anyone's practical tips--any routine that anyone has to stay on track with God.
My routine consists primarily of prayer and acceptance of the answers He gives me.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:44 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
What changes minds is our experiences. That is what will alter our will once we directly experience the undeniable and absolute truth of God instead of our current ignorance and supposition. That is something I suspect will be far more disturbing to you than to me.
It does get into the realm of the doctrines about predestination.

But i would say that even though there is such a thing as predestination, that this does not preclude that the free will of man is non-existent or that it is not also a faithful doctrine in holy scripture.

This is why even the circumstances in life do not violate the free will of man in man's decision to receive Christ.

This can be seen in that under the exact same circumstances, one person may receive Christ while another person may reject Him.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:36 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Do unto others as you would have done to you.

Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will come over you.

Once you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light.

From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water.

Keep the ways of the LORD by doing what is right and just.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you.

Let the son free you and serve the LORD in spirit and in truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity