Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 08:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
He moved in enlightenment through the developmental stages of life. He wasn't a man-child however. That would have been a greater anomaly.

There is a minor literature on this however.

The Infancy Gospel of Thomas

file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/TheinfancyGospelofThomas.pdf
There's a reason the "Gospel of Thomas" is widely considered a fake by pretty much any reputable scholar you speak to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2021, 08:38 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
There's a reason the "Gospel of Thomas" is widely considered a fake by pretty much any reputable scholar you speak to.
Dude, 'minor literature' doesn't make it reputable, or do you believe everything on the 'Net? Wholesale trash is published there, and many accept it hook, line, and sinker, or do you suggest in CD-R&S:C we are sitting at the city gates and engaged in pontificating honorifics?

Yeah, mebbe so.

>2 cents<

Old 08-21-2021, 08:49 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
Dude, 'minor literature' doesn't make it reputable, or do you believe everything on the 'Net? Wholesale trash is published there, and many accept it hook, line, and sinker, or do you suggest in CD-R&S:C we are sitting at the city gates and engaged in pontificating honorifics?

Yeah, mebbe so.

>2 cents<
I'm sorry. I honestly don't know what "minor literature" is.

Old 08-21-2021, 09:08 AM

614 posts, read 173,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
He filled John with The Holy Spirit, while yet in-utero ( Luke 1:44 + Luke 1:15 ) .
I think that John came by the Holy Spirit through his father, Zacharias. John was born filled because the Spirit was present along with Zacharias' half of who John would be. This happened because Zacharias stood before the incense alter. There is symbolism to that, but also actual reference to how the presence of God went forth from the temple, when the Ark was in it.

It is telling us that the Holy Spirit is the same spirit who sat upon the Ark. He is God Most High, and He is residing in John until Jesus comes of age. He won't leave John when He goes to be upon Jesus. The Spirit can, though we see an inclination to gather in a place, be in more than one place at a time. Instead, the focus, if you will, the ability to gather it, to hold it, is moving, but doesn't have to leave where it came from.

That must be why you said that He did it while in utero. But He didn't come upon Mary from a different place than we have already regarded, the place we hold spiritually as Him being upon the Ark. This is seen in the scripture when God's meeting with Mary is characterized as being through the angel Gabriel, the same as Zacharias' meeting with God was.

I'm sorry that it is so hard to explain. It is a reunion of both the male and female aspects of God, at the baptism. It is also a new thing, where there is suddenly enough access to God through this one man. He is amazing. His natural character is so aligned with that of God that God can act as never before.

I don't know if I spelled John's father's name correctly. I said he is Zacharias. I guess he could be Zachariah. I'm going off of memory. I hope that lack of attention to detail doesn't spoil everything.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 08-21-2021 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 08-28-2021, 02:28 PM

39 posts, read 13,114 times
Someone previously mentioned the fact that when Jesus was twelve years old he amazed the teachers in the temple with his understanding and his answers

Luke chapter 2 explains this

Luk 2:45* When Jesus was 12 years old his family found him in the temple, sitting in the middle of the teachers and he was hearing them, and asking them questions.*

:47* And everyone there that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.*

Luk 2:48* his mother arrived and asked him why you treated us this way, your father and I have sought you sorrowing.* :49* Jesus answered his mother, why have you sought me? know you not that I must be about my Father's business?*

:52* And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man
We do not know much about the relationship between Jesus and his mother, yet the answer that Jesus gave to his mother , saying I must be about my Father's business?*

For a 12 year old child, this is a very, very significant and remarkable statement to make,
the bible also says that in Luk 2:50*that Mary and Joseph did not understand what Jesus was saying to them..

But Jesus knew for certain by the age of 12, that he was not the son of a union between man and wife, he later had always referred to himself as ' the son of man ' and ' the son of God ' As a child, Jesus would have known things pertaining to God but many times the knowledge of a child is limited in understanding pertaining to what they know about the world around them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity