Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 03:15 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

sure, they have some of the traits of god wrong. No big deal. Until we start telling others what to do that is.

Its not if there is or is not "god", its more about getting what we experience more reliable. What are the traits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 03:36 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
sure, they have some of the traits of god wrong. No big deal. Until we start telling others what to do that is.

Its not if there is or is not "god", its more about getting what we experience more reliable. What are the traits.
I agree

There are different levels referred to in Scripture but they are not all visible or perceptible to our mortal/limited/individual/natural senses that are geared toward survival, generation, comfort, wellbeing, etc

Joh 3:10**Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11**Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12**If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Joh 3:13**And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Joh 3:14**And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15**That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Hmmm, just noticed the layering here

G1919***(Strong)
ἐπίγειος
epigeios
ep-ig'-i-os
From G1909 and G1093; worldly (physically or morally): - earthly, in earth, terrestrial.

G2032***(Strong)
ἐπουράνιος
epouranios
ep-oo-ran'-ee-os
From G1909 and G3772; above the sky: - celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high.

G3772***(Strong)
οὐρανός
ouranos
oo-ran-os'
Perhaps from the same as G3735 (through the idea of elevation); the sky; by extension heaven (as the abode of God); by implication happiness, power, eternity; specifically the Gospel (Christianity): - air, heaven ([-ly]), sky.

The heavenly (celestial) is higher than the heaven/sky where the throne of God is said to be

And the heaven/earth passes away and there are new heaven/earth that are instituted

And the earthly is an (epi) as well over a lower region - G1909***(Strong)
ἐπί
epi
ep-ee'
A primary preposition properly meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], that is, over, upon, etc.;

G1093***(Strong)
γῆ
gē
ghay
Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-31-2021 at 03:54 PM..

Old 08-31-2021, 04:55 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree

There are different levels referred to in Scripture but they are not all visible or perceptible to our mortal/limited/individual/natural senses that are geared toward survival, generation, comfort, wellbeing, etc

Joh 3:10**Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Joh 3:11**Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Joh 3:12**If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
Joh 3:13**And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Joh 3:14**And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15**That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Hmmm, just noticed the layering here

G1919***(Strong)
ἐπίγειος
epigeios
ep-ig'-i-os
From G1909 and G1093; worldly (physically or morally): - earthly, in earth, terrestrial.

G2032***(Strong)
ἐπουράνιος
epouranios
ep-oo-ran'-ee-os
From G1909 and G3772; above the sky: - celestial, (in) heaven (-ly), high.

G3772***(Strong)
οὐρανός
ouranos
oo-ran-os'
Perhaps from the same as G3735 (through the idea of elevation); the sky; by extension heaven (as the abode of God); by implication happiness, power, eternity; specifically the Gospel (Christianity): - air, heaven ([-ly]), sky.

The heavenly (celestial) is higher than the heaven/sky where the throne of God is said to be

And the heaven/earth passes away and there are new heaven/earth that are instituted

And the earthly is an (epi) as well over a lower region - G1909***(Strong)
ἐπί
epi
ep-ee'
A primary preposition properly meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution [with the genitive case], that is, over, upon, etc.;

G1093***(Strong)
γῆ
gē
ghay
Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.
Nice, exegesis. I see deeper implications based on what I know of science but well done, Meerkat.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:33 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nice, exegesis. I see deeper implications based on what I know of science but well done, Meerkat.
I do too

Especially (but not limited to) Adam/eve and the prophetic implication related to Adam being returned to the earth from where he was taken

Last edited by Meerkat2; 08-31-2021 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity