Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 06:11 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,006,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yet my very pious younger sister, a true believer and practitioner of the faith, committed suicide.

So that was obviously MUCH more than she could bear. There's something amiss with that verse.

I am so sorry to hear that sand. I wish there was something that I could tell you to bring you comfort, and would have certainly did my best to help her in her struggles. Jehovah of course has given us the Bible so that each one of us can choose the path we take. He never prevents us from sinning, but He warns us about it and promised to make the way out for us. I know from history of my own personal life that this has been true in my case. I know that individuals can get into a state of depression so severe that they do commit suicide, know one personally myself, and have felt guilty for years that I may have been in a position to help, but didn't take advantage of it at the time because of circumstances.

One thing that might bring comfort to you is knowing that she is no longer suffering what pains she endured. Most individuals who do commit suicide are very loving individuals with a good heart, but sadly cruel ones do not give them the love they need, at any rate Jehovah knows the heart of an individual, and most likely will bring her back in the resurrection. I certainly do not know her circumstances, but keep in mind that although God does not shield us from the consequences of reaping what we sow, He is a very just God that does know all the troubles she had to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 06:11 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I kind of thought you were thinking that Mensa, but the Kingdom was taken from them and given to a new nation whom the Bible calls the Israel of God. Gal 6:16

They are the 144k holy ones/saints/chosen ones/anointed/ the bride of Christ that come from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10. They are selected to be Kings and Priests under Jesus in the Kingdom of God.
Nonsense.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:35 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
.... you are beyond arrogant with your elaborate charade and pretentiousness, having an exaggerated sense of one's own self-importance or stature.
I am actually very humble...

I even received an award for humility once and pinned it up on my wall...

Old 09-15-2021, 10:30 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
I kind of thought you were thinking that Mensa, but the Kingdom was taken from them and given to a new nation whom the Bible calls the Israel of God. Gal 6:16

They are the 144k holy ones/saints/chosen ones/anointed/ the bride of Christ that come from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10. They are selected to be Kings and Priests under Jesus in the Kingdom of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Nonsense.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:57 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

You must be extremely proud of that award! I'm wondering why you pinned it up on your wall. Was it to remind you of how humble you are?

Old 09-15-2021, 11:14 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Is it not true to say... as we lived we shall be judged? The question is... the verdict. Who can say they understand the nature of God?

Live graciously, receive grace
Live mercifully, receive mercy
Live justly, receive justice

Who doesn't live by these three things? kind of a narrow way wouldn't you say?

Old 09-15-2021, 12:13 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,164,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Is it not true to say... as we lived we shall be judged? The question is... the verdict. Who can say they understand the nature of God?

Live graciously, receive grace
Live mercifully, receive mercy
Live justly, receive justice

Who doesn't live by these three things? kind of a narrow way wouldn't you say?
All who have the Holy Spirit understand the deeper things of God........and He is incredibly merciful and just. You have highlighted what you think WE should do when God could care less about our works, we are forgiven and receive the unmerited favor of Grace BASED ALL ON WHAT JESUS DID AT THE CROSS.......we cannot remove one sin from ourselves we are in no way qualified for that. What Jesus wants is for us to BELIEVE and TRUST every word in His book..........and then receive the FREE gift of salvation, its genius and designed so that no one can boast about anything, we all receive a free gift. This is not logical based on the human experience, but Gods ways are much higher than ours.......

Rejoice and keep looking up!!

Old 09-15-2021, 02:22 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
All who have the Holy Spirit understand the deeper things of God........and He is incredibly merciful and just. You have highlighted what you think WE should do when God could care less about our works, we are forgiven and receive the unmerited favor of Grace BASED ALL ON WHAT JESUS DID AT THE CROSS.......we cannot remove one sin from ourselves we are in no way qualified for that. What Jesus wants is for us to BELIEVE and TRUST every word in His book..........and then receive the FREE gift of salvation, its genius and designed so that no one can boast about anything, we all receive a free gift. This is not logical based on the human experience, but Gods ways are much higher than ours.......

Rejoice and keep looking up!!
Sure all of what you say is true... if you trust God. Did the thief on the cross trust God and at the moment of his death pass personal judgement upon himself? So what is the evidence of trust? We all should be able to

Live graciously
Live mercifully
Live justly

as evidence. I could fake a lot of stuff and have. What about you?

Old 09-15-2021, 06:35 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
This is reason enough for me to leave, consider it done!

Your response is one to be expected from a moderator on a Christian Forum who is not a Christian!
I'm sure you are aware, Charlie, that there are quite a number of forums on the internet that are exactly what you think this forum should be -- a place where people like me are banned from posting and where pretty much everybody who does post agrees that there are a lot of professing "Christians" in the world today who don't believe in a "different God" than you do or in a "false Christ." Perhaps you would find more appreciation for your views there than there are here. I wish you good luck in your search for a place where you feel that the other posters appreciate what you have to say.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
.... you are beyond arrogant with your elaborate charade and pretentiousness, having an exaggerated sense of one's own self-importance or stature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You must be extremely proud of that award! I'm wondering why you pinned it up on your wall. Was it to remind you of how humble you are?
A humble person would never have mentioned the AWARD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity