Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 09:12 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Could you define your understanding of the Grace Gospel ?

1Cor 15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 10:26 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Saved. He simply will have had a non-productive spiritual life and will lose out on eternal rewards at the judgment seat of Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Too easy for you......
What do you mean by that?

Old 09-09-2021, 01:42 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Fair enough, although I can't imagine very many people never having had the opportunity to perform a good work.
Of course people can perform good works before they come to faith in Christ. But the performing of them will avail them nothing.

Isa 57:12, I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.

1Co 4:5, Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Every man will have praise from God; nevertheless there are many who are going to be cast into the lake of fire on that day (Matthew 7:13-14, Revelation 20:10-15).

The fact of the matter is that works don't save anyone.

When it says that "faith without works is dead" it is talking about the works that accompany faith.

In order to perform one of those, you would have to have faith.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-09-2021 at 02:14 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
What do you mean by that?
Expected you to have the answer right away.......

Old 09-09-2021, 05:02 AM

Salvation is based on what we believe and it's a FREE gift, you can't earn it or work for it. Hence no boasting. The Holy Spirit automatically comes to live in the new believer and He is eternal and permanent since there are zero sins held against us, so nothing that can destroy our spiritual life. Jesus has thought of everything and the work of the cross was completed perfectly, Jesus said He would die only once for the sins of the world. If you haven't already done so, read and believe !Cor 15:1-4 and join the Body of Christ and we can welcome you into the family..........

Anything done AFTER salvation may be rewarded upon our arrival in heaven........assumed to be authority as we rule and reign with Christ.......(my opinion only)

Old 09-09-2021, 05:45 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Without quoting James what is the collective opinion.......saved or lost?

The key is in the Biblical definition of belief Cruise, the truth is if someone is capable and does nothing then in truth they really didn't believe.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The key is in the Biblical definition of belief Cruise, the truth is if someone is capable and does nothing then in truth they really didn't believe.
So you are with James writing to the Judaizers faith without works is dead........there are many verses written to the Gentiles under grace that refute that........

Old 09-09-2021, 10:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Ah yes this will bring out the fruit inspectors.......
The point I'm making is that Jesus said we'd know a tree by the fruit it produces. (Matt 7:15-20).

If one claims to be a Christian, their life SHOULD reflect it. If I claim to be a Chicago Bears fan, but badmouth them and root against them every chance I get, one would question if I really like them.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:16 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
1Cor 15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Is that all ? That appears to be just a statement of a historical fact. Let me ask you to tell us Who Christ is, whose sins did He die for according to scripture ? What did His death accomplish ?

Old 09-09-2021, 02:15 PM

89 posts, read 23,764 times
Quote:
Without quoting James what is the collective opinion.......saved or lost?
2 Thessalonians 2:8-12

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The purpose of the Grace Gospel deceit is to paralyse Men no to do anything, so as to keep them Lost and their soul in Hell. This is ordained by Elohim/God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity