Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 06:21 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The 12 tribes are figurative sir, Revelation itemizes them as 12 tribes of 12,000 which equal 144k. We do believe that is a literal number however.
It's simply the 12 tribes of Israel.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Everybody in this forum worships the same God.
I respectfully disagree.

I will say that I do not worship the same God as does Mystic, for example.

For I believe that he has concocted an idol out of his imagination that does not line up with the description of God that we find in holy scripture.

And I think, also, that the God who condemns certain ones to hell is a different God than the god who has no justice and accepts everyone into the kingdom (i.e. the god of UR).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 01:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I respectfully disagree.

For I believe that he has concocted an idol out of his imagination that does not line up with the description of God that we find in holy scripture.

And I think, also, that the God who condemns certain ones to hell is a different God than the god who has no justice and accepts everyone into the kingdom (i.e. the god of UR).
Of course, this is based on your "as I see it."

Old 09-13-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Of course, this is based on your "as I see it."
Yes, it is as I see it.

Something that you have not shown to be incorrect.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Yes, it is as I see it.

Something that you have not shown to be incorrect.
An obstinate and irrational person cannot be shown anything.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An obstinate and irrational person cannot be shown anything.
Since I am not obstinate or irrational, you can show me anything in the holy scriptures and I will believe it, short of denial of the Lord that bought me.

That particular doctrine, I have seen in the holy scriptures and have dealt with it to my satisfaction.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:41 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Hi VF6 - can you show me where you get the above from? a bible verse?
Paul: the apostle to the Gentiles

Old 09-13-2021, 03:52 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Paul writes ONLY to Gentile BELIEVERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
thx for the reply.
however, I didn't see the word ONLY in there anywhere, with respect to your statement quoted.

In fact, Paul writes "There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one [man] in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

Old 09-13-2021, 03:59 PM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Everybody in this forum worships the same God. What are you implying?
Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

Everyone posting in this forum worships the same God. That is the God of Abraham. Some call Him Jehovah or Yahwah. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same God. Every denomination of Christianity worships the same God.

You may think differently, but this is not to forum for such expression. We respect all Christian beliefs in this forum.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-14-2021 at 05:58 AM..

Old 09-13-2021, 04:59 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

You really don't get it, JBF. There is only ONE God. What differs is what each of us believes ABOUT Him but God does not differ. We see only dimly what our spirit resonates with. That is why I worry about you and Charlie. Your spirits resonate with a savage and barbaric version of God that does not remotely resemble Jesus Christ, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity