Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 05:13 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
thx for the reply.
however, I didn't see the word ONLY in there anywhere, with respect to your statement quoted.

In fact, Paul writes "There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one [man] in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28
And also this passage to the Corinthians, explaining his ministry is not to any one part or one type

1Co 9:19**For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20**And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21**To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22**To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23**And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 06:50 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
And also this passage to the Corinthians, explaining his ministry is not to any one part or one type

1Co 9:19**For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20**And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21**To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22**To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23**And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Everyone posting in this forum worships the same God. That is the God of Abraham. Some call Him Jehovah or Yahwah. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same God. Every denomination o Christianity worships the same God.

You may think differently, but this is not to forum for such expression. We respect all Christian beliefs in this forum.
If the God that I believe in, in essence, is different in personality to the God that you believe in, then the essence of the God that I believe in is different than the essence of the god that you believe in.

I do not believe in the God that is not just, for example, which God is preached by the UR in my opinion.

Let me put it this way, if we believe in the same God, then those who believe and preach differently about Him, if I am correct in my estimation of Him, are lying about who He is as a Person; and, in believing differently about Him than He really is, they are in effect worshiping a different god than the God that I believe in.

But if you are saying that it is against the rules, now, to post anything that says that we do not all worship the same God, then of course I have to respect the rules.

But I will say now in protest that saying that Muslims and Christians, for example, worship the same God, is the epitome of the Antichrist religion that is coming.

So, if this is the last statement that I can make in protest to this trend in the way that these boards are going, I make it now boldly and strongly in order that it may be on record as being my belief.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:05 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
...if I am correct in my estimation of Him, ...
No worries, Mate, you're not.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:35 PM

63,828 posts, read 40,118,744 times
JBF your arrogance and pride exceed what is acceptable to God. Pride is the worst of the seven deadly sins. You blatantly reject and refuse to interpret scripture using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, yet you pretend it is the absolute truth about God's Holy Spirit. That is way beyond foolish and ignorant.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:23 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Everyone posting in this forum worships the same God. That is the God of Abraham. Some call Him Jehovah or Yahwah. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same God. Every denomination o Christianity worships the same God.

You may think differently, but this is not to forum for such expression. We respect all Christian beliefs in this forum.
That's not true, mensaguy! Take for example the Muslims.

The God they worship, Allah, is the God that chose Ishmael and his descendant Mohammad as the messenger. Christianity says that God chose Jacob and his descendant Jesus Christ as the messenger.

This is not the same God! The way I see it, there is a forum for respecting the God of Mahammad, and they are not very tolerant at all of the God of Jesus Christ as the messenger of Christianity.

It's amazing to me that anyone can dump anything they want in the Christianity Forum, but do the same in any of the other forums and disciplinary action is taken immediately!

It must be that true Christianity takes a back seat to all other religions!

Old 09-14-2021, 04:49 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
It's simply the 12 tribes of Israel.

It is, but which Israel sir

Old 09-14-2021, 06:19 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
Everyone posting in this forum worships the same God. That is the God of Abraham. Some call Him Jehovah or Yahwah. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all worship the same God. Every denomination of Christianity worships the same God.

It looks like some of you don't understand this simple statement. I guess we need to state it more clearly.

For background, City-Data welcomes anyone to participate in the forums. Within the R&S forums, we will be respectful of the world's religions. The owner of the company set it up this way by creating forums and sub-forums. Sometimes he set up special rules, as he did in The Atheism and Agnosticism forum or in Great Debates. Other times, we can tell by the titles he chose for the forums. He titled this forum "Christianity" instead of "Christian" or "Christians." Other examples exist, and the Senior Moderators have confirmed that this is how the forums should operate.

If you (anyone) can't accept that everyone in this forum worships the same God and that God is the same God worshiped by Jews, Muslims, and Christians, you have two options. First, you can leave. Second, you can keep you opinion to yourself.

We are not going to tolerate people implying that entire religions or denominations are worshiping a God other than what their religion teaches. As an example, we had a person register an account to come in here and mock all of Christianity for worshiping three Gods. I tried to explain to him that he misunderstood the doctrine of the Trinity, but he started another thread to condemn all of Christianity for worshiping three Gods. All of his multiple accounts were removed from the web site. We can, and will, do so again.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:27 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
Quote:
It's simply the 12 tribes of Israel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It is, but which Israel sir
Simple. The Tribes of Israel are the descendants from the sons of Jacob and are called “Israel” from Jacob’s name given to him by God.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
It looks like some of you don't understand this simple statement. I guess we need to state it more clearly.

For background, City-Data welcomes anyone to participate in the forums. Within the R&S forums, we will be respectful of the world's religions. The owner of the company set it up this way by creating forums and sub-forums. Sometimes he set up special rules, as he did in The Atheism and Agnosticism forum or in Great Debates. Other times, we can tell by the titles he chose for the forums. He titled this forum "Christianity" instead of "Christian" or "Christians." Other examples exist, and the Senior Moderators have confirmed that this is how the forums should operate.

If you (anyone) can't accept that everyone in this forum worships the same God and that God is the same God worshiped by Jews, Muslims, and Christians, you have two options. First, you can leave. Second, you can keep you opinion to yourself.

We are not going to tolerate people implying that entire religions or denominations are worshiping a God other than what their religion teaches. As an example, we had a person register an account to come in here and mock all of Christianity for worshiping three Gods. I tried to explain to him that he misunderstood the doctrine of the Trinity, but he started another thread to condemn all of Christianity for worshiping three Gods. All of his multiple accounts were removed from the web site. We can, and will, do so again.
This is reason enough for me to leave, consider it done!

Your response is one to be expected from a moderator on a Christian Forum who is not a Christian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity