Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 07:11 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
This is reason enough for me to leave, consider it done!

Your response is one to be expected from a moderator on a Christian Forum who is not a Christian!
I would appreciate to be placed among the banned for life on this forum, to make it impossible to return in the future! I would consider that a favor, mensaguy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 07:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I would appreciate to be placed among the banned for life on this forum, to make it impossible to return in the future! I would consider that a favor, mensaguy!
If that is your desire, then be man enough to make that decision for yourself.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:41 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Without quoting James what is the collective opinion.......saved or lost?
what is the "another thing?" do you mean as in ever sinning again?

Old 09-14-2021, 12:23 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Saved. He simply will have had a non-productive spiritual life and will lose out on eternal rewards at the judgment seat of Christ.
I see myself standing behind all my dedicated missionary relatives as they are led away to their reward, while I do...what? The spiritual dishes.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:31 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
We all do, but one very good thing to remember is, Jehovah does not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. 1 Cor 10:13
Yet my very pious younger sister, a true believer and practitioner of the faith, committed suicide.

So that was obviously MUCH more than she could bear. There's something amiss with that verse.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:33 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Without quoting James what is the collective opinion.......saved or lost?
**giggle snort** couldn't help it...

But seriously though, saved, definitely saved. There are no works that you can do to get into heaven. By the blessing alone shall we have ever lasting life.

Old 09-14-2021, 01:34 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
what is the "another thing?" do you mean as in ever sinning again?
No works.....

Old 09-14-2021, 08:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No worries, Mate, you're not.
That's what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
JBF your arrogance and pride exceed what is acceptable to God. Pride is the worst of the seven deadly sins. You blatantly reject and refuse to interpret scripture using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, yet you pretend it is the absolute truth about God's Holy Spirit. That is way beyond foolish and ignorant.
Again, the men who penned the holy scriptures were tested by the early church and found to be true apostles.

And, I consider that if the tree is good, that the fruit (the scriptures that were penned) is also good (Matthew 7:15-20).

Quote:
This is reason enough for me to leave, consider it done!

Your response is one to be expected from a moderator on a Christian Forum who is not a Christian!
I hope that you will stay, Charlie.

We can both continue to be a light on these forums if we will not grow weary in well-doing.

I believe that you have made it clear that you believe that our God is not the same god as that of Muslims, mormons, or other religions; and if you have made it clear, on record, that that is your stance, I don't believe that that will be quicly forgotten.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I hope that you will stay, Charlie.

We can both continue to be a light on these forums if we will not grow weary in well-doing.

I believe that you have made it clear that you believe that our God is not the same god as that of Muslims, mormons, or other religions; and if you have made it clear, on record, that that is your stance, I don't believe that that will be quicly forgotten.
.... you are beyond arrogant with your elaborate charade and pretentiousness, having an exaggerated sense of one's own self-importance or stature.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:59 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Simple. The Tribes of Israel are the descendants from the sons of Jacob and are called “Israel” from Jacob’s name given to him by God.

I kind of thought you were thinking that Mensa, but the Kingdom was taken from them and given to a new nation whom the Bible calls the Israel of God. Gal 6:16

They are the 144k holy ones/saints/chosen ones/anointed/ the bride of Christ that come from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues Rev 5:9,10. They are selected to be Kings and Priests under Jesus in the Kingdom of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity