Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 03:20 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times

Advertisements

The Lord said ``I call heaven and earth to record against you, that I have set before you like and death, blessing and cursing, there choose life, that both you and your seed may live `` Deut. 30;19 ... The Lord left on the earth the dark spirits which are legal fanatics and will see wickedness and support it and bring it down, where resisting these and the power of Christ can stop it ..... Then there are people who go against the plan of God where the wrath of God could come in a subtle way, like greedy people go broke, for example some leaders of a nation could ignore the people and spend all the wealth ... Was the judgment of God for many selfish nations ...... God don't hurt people through Christ by making them sick but the dark spirit are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 05:58 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'm wondering...been wondering this for a while: (to those of you of the Christian faith) from your understanding of scripture, does God punish some of his children on earth, perhaps for sins we have committed?

The Bible indicates He does not Kav. James 1:13-15. He also does not protect us from reaping what we sow as well Gal 6:7. Many people do feel that He does however so I understand the great question.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:34 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Do you think He would allow mental health issues, or for catastrophic loss, or other calamities for sins a person has committed?
similar to Michael Way's answer, I could also see a case where He could do so to also preemptively PREVENT one from committing further transgressions that would stack up against the individual, and especially if they might greatly/wrongly affect others that He already has different plans for.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Do you think He would allow mental health issues, or for catastrophic loss, or other calamities for sins a person has committed?
How on Earth could anyone here know the answer? You only need to know God is perfect, His plan still executing to the letter and give thanks. I found the most powerful force against health issues is praise. Do it even if you don't feel like it.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
I'm wondering...been wondering this for a while: (to those of you of the Christian faith) from your understanding of scripture, does God punish some of his children on earth, perhaps for sins we have committed?
he did in the days of old and he does now. when Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them), people disobey him they are punished. the Israelites were punish many times. because they constantly turn their backs on Jehovah. worshipping false god, see

(Ezek. 6:1-7 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy against them, 3 and say, You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God; Thus said the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places. And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols. And I will lay the dead carcasses of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones round about your altars. In all your dwelling places the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished. And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the Lord).

or marry those who refuse to worship him. King Solomon was a true Man of God, and was blessed. but he later disobeyed Jehovah by marrying women who worship false gods ,(1Kg. 11: 1,2 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites; of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love). he was Punished ,(verses 9-13 "And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice").

he does this NOT because he hates us, but to teach us a lesson, to NOT be disobedient, (Pro. 3:11,12 My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction; For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights), see also (Heb. 12:6). we that have children at times punish them for their wrong acts. it doesn't mean we don't love them. peace

Old 09-10-2021, 08:31 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
similar to Michael Way's answer, I could also see a case where He could do so to also preemptively PREVENT one from committing further transgressions that would stack up against the individual, and especially if they might greatly/wrongly affect others that He already has different plans for.
then he sure screwed up with Hitler.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You may, or may not reap what you have sown, while in this life.
So, exactly when does this divine discipline or correction begin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
If not in this life, then in the next one (Galatians 6:7).
Make no mistake about this: You can never make a fool out of God. But your rote response did not answer the question.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:09 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,177 times
Regarding the OP: "Punishment" is not really the idea with respect to "His children". It's more with regards to chastisement, Gk: "παιδεία", meaning to "instruct" or to "train" by way of discipline. Particularly with regards to children. And yes, God does chastises His own, none being without it.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:23 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Huh? You think that if Hitler wasn't killed he would have 'repented and became a saint',
and not just continued murdering many many millions more??

Old 09-10-2021, 12:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
If there is a single instance that contradicts the idea of God's physical contravention of our Dominion on earth, it definitely would be Hitler!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity