Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 10:31 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Matthew 17:3 "Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus"

Oh, please do elaborate how this creates that doctrine.
Clearly, since you don't accept the examples we have given you both in this thread and in others; I would ask you again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Please define "praying".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 10:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Now show me Biblical examples or commands for or of anyone praying to a dead person.
Can you show me a biblical example of the common faith that all believers have? Just curious, honestly.

Old 11-17-2021, 11:22 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Clearly those two "dead guys" weren't so dead, and could talk to Jesus, who is also God, right?

Old 11-17-2021, 12:17 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Clearly those two "dead guys" weren't so dead, and could talk to Jesus, who is also God, right?
We aren't Jesus. He's God. We aren't.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:57 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times
Quote:
Matthew 17:3 "Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus"

Oh, please do elaborate how this creates that doctrine.
They're not dead, like you keep insisting!

Old 11-17-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
We aren't Jesus. He's God. We aren't.
Last night I had a dream. Seriously. In this dream, I could see my late husband's chest and arms and hands, but not his face. And he was saying to me, in a calm but sort of urgent voice, in his voice that I loved so much when he was here with me, "Philippians 1:6, Philippians 1:6." Now, I hate to admit it but it's been a coupla years probably since I read Philippians, and I sure don't have Philippians 1:6 memorized and never have. Anyway, the dream woke me up, and of course I immediately looked up Philippians 1:6, which is: being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Now, you might not know this, but it fits DIRECTLY into EXACTLY what has been happening in my emotional and spiritual life lately, though I didn't realize this is what has been happening till I read that verse, which is very comforting by the way.

You don't have to believe that my husband came to me and gave me that verse. You don't have to believe I even had that dream, for that matter. But I know I did, and I recognized my husband's voice and hands as clear as a bell in that dream.

I personally believe that God spoke to me, through my deceased husband.

You know, if you don't believe that people who have passed on before us sometimes speak to us, that's fine. Sad to me, but fine. But personally, I believe that Moses and Elijah spoke to Jesus, and I believe that my husband spoke to me (and not just this one time, several times over the past year and a half). I believe that God can and does use all sorts of methods to speak to us - sometimes it's through the bible, sometimes through a pastor, sometimes through nature, sometimes through a dream, etc. I try to be attune to every single way God is leading me to his truth - and to completion.

Old 11-17-2021, 01:57 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Last night I had a dream. Seriously. In this dream, I could see my late husband's chest and arms and hands, but not his face. And he was saying to me, in a calm but sort of urgent voice, in his voice that I loved so much when he was here with me, "Philippians 1:6, Philippians 1:6." Now, I hate to admit it but it's been a coupla years probably since I read Philippians, and I sure don't have Philippians 1:6 memorized and never have. Anyway, the dream woke me up, and of course I immediately looked up Philippians 1:6, which is: being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Now, you might not know this, but it fits DIRECTLY into EXACTLY what has been happening in my emotional and spiritual life lately, though I didn't realize this is what has been happening till I read that verse, which is very comforting by the way.

You don't have to believe that my husband came to me and gave me that verse. You don't have to believe I even had that dream, for that matter. But I know I did, and I recognized my husband's voice and hands as clear as a bell in that dream.

You know, if you don't believe that people who have passed on before us sometimes speak to us, that's fine. Sad to me, but fine. But personally, I believe that Moses and Elijah spoke to Jesus, and I believe that my husband spoke to me (and not just this one time, several times over the past year and a half). I believe that God can and does use all sorts of methods to speak to us - sometimes it's through the bible, sometimes through a pastor, sometimes through nature, sometimes through a dream, etc. I try to be attune to every single way God is leading me to his truth - and to completion.

Old 11-17-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Beautiful!
John 17:21

Old 11-17-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Beautiful!
John 17:21
John 17:21 is a great verse!

Quote:
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
That's my prayer.

In fact, that whole chapter is beautiful.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 11-17-2021 at 03:41 PM..

Old 11-17-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
John 17:21 is a great verse!

That's my prayer.

In fact, that whole chapter is beautiful.

Your post reminded me of the time after my accident,
I was in pretty bad shape but I'd still somehow get awoken at 3am like clockwork nightly;
It's a long story, but I finally realized it was (for me) a calling to 'stay awake just one hour with Jesus',
in his time in the garden, when none of the apostles could 'stay awake' .

In traversing time and place thru loving prayer to just sit with him 1 hour during His agony/loneliness/sorrow,
He also shared in my suffering/loneliness, making mine more bearable;
and in doing so, He also shared a little bit of His immense Love -
awakening me to the awareness of all who are Alive in Him, and the boundless Love therein contained.
For me, it was a real experiencing of the middle of that verse, "that they also may be in us".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity