Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do Christians believe the "mark of the beast" will be?
A literal mark of "666" in forehead or hand 10 10.99%
An RFID or micro-chip in forehead or hand 35 38.46%
A form of credit/ID card (to hold in the hand) 1 1.10%
Other option other than ones listed 45 49.45%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,390,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisKr View Post
Oh... thenI should be less the reductionist. and take on the foundational immediacy, and regard a common Ego thread in the consciounable beasts of McCain supporters. (n/t)
My point exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,637,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisKr View Post
The evidence of createdness IS to either turn your back on the originated past OR to accept it unto the future FOR the existing moment. I chose now and again to turn my back at the past at presently existing moment. This makes the interpreted beast also, at once, in a kind of reduction, the represented beast-there-to-BE. Makes it rote to understand the origin of the universe, and also determines that the form of the beast is never the beast but an absolute certainty that it-shall-appear.

As of yet, no form of a beast has appeared on the horizon. Unless someone would appraise mere language usage as such a form.
This is either an attempt at humor or hare' krishna babble.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
It was always obvious that this thread is misplaced and should, instead, be in the "Christianity" sub-forum.
Since it has become yet another Christian-fight, I suggest that the thread be moved.
So now you don't view Christianity as a religion? Would moving it to the Christianity sub-forum keep you from posting in it?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,278,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I would suggest to anyone who is questioning the meaning of the Bible to get saved. It all becomes clear after that.
Would you suggest that I would tattoo my forehead while I'm at it?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So now you don't view Christianity as a religion?
No, it is certainly a religion. But a question directed at Christians (as in the title of your thread) belongs in the Christianity sub-forum.

Quote:
Would moving it to the Christianity sub-forum keep you from posting in it?
Yes. I will refrain from posting in threads that are questions to Christians, asked by a Christian, for the benefit of having a discussion among Christians. That's why the sub-forum exists, I think.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
My point exactly.
Neither one of you have a point. It appears to be an attempt to make people think you are well versed and witty, but comes across as complete nonsense. This thread was directed to Christians, right? So the ones who are here who aren't Christians are turning it into what they perceive to be a battle, not Christians.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Neither one of you have a point. It appears to be an attempt to make people think you are well versed and witty, but comes across as complete nonsense. This thread was directed to Christians, right? So the ones who are here who aren't Christians are turning it into what they perceive to be a battle, not Christians.
You are correct. See post #35.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Would you suggest that I would tattoo my forehead while I'm at it?
If you want, that's a personal decision. If you want to understand the Bible, then you need to get saved.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:08 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,278,506 times
Quote:
If you want, that's a personal decision. If you want to understand the Bible, then you need to get saved.
I'll see what I can do...

BTW, does this ID thing make any difference since I'm from Canada? Do you think I'll be safer here? (One thing I thought of.. the fire from heaven would at least melt all the snow!)

Old 05-16-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
No, it is certainly a religion. But a question directed at Christians (as in the title of your thread) belongs in the Christianity sub-forum.

Why does it matter to you where it is? What difference does that make? There's a lot of threads in the R&P that are about Christianity.

Yes. I will refrain from posting in threads that are questions to Christians, asked by a Christian, for the benefit of having a discussion among Christians. That's why the sub-forum exists, I think.
There's not a problem with anyone posting in Christian discussion threads who aren't Christians, but doing it to intentionally inflame and cause arguments is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity