Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 12:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In what way is it subjective. Jesus and His "mind of Christ" are more than adequately described and demonstrated in YOUR BIBLE. There is nothing subjective about it. If you cannot determine the persona as represented by Jesus Christ on the Cross, your reading comprehension skills are in serious need of retraining.
So, wait...you now reference the Bible after trashing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 12:48 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Who knows the heart of a man, but God.
Satan attempted to tempt Jesus in the wilderness by using a twist of the scriptures, which is how many ideas are cast.
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place, in those that are honestly under His lordship., not an imagined one due to some education.
Blessed is the man that hungers and thirst after righteousness for he shall be filled.
Seeking man for his interpretation of what scriptures teach is seeking unreliable information. The most reliable information is found on your knees in the Lord's presents. Jesus said, "Hunger and Thirst" This is not a casual theological study.
Matthew 7;21,22,23. Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven.......
You have a Bible read it in text.

Old 09-21-2021, 12:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
In what way is it subjective. Jesus and His "mind of Christ" are more than adequately described and demonstrated in YOUR BIBLE. There is nothing subjective about it. If you cannot determine the persona as represented by Jesus Christ on the Cross, your reading comprehension skills are in serious need of retraining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So, wait...you now reference the Bible after trashing it?
You deliberately misrepresent absolutely everyone who disagrees with you. It is beyond pathological! I have ALWAYS used the Bible. It is HOW I discovered Jesus Christ as the exemplar of God and led to my adoption of Christianity. Is it even possible for you to stop lying about those you disagree with, BF??

Old 09-21-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Did you summon me?... For Pete's sake I'm trying to screen compost here, now I've gotta weigh in with my two cents....

My thoughts...

A. LDS are some of the nicest, most pleasant people I have ever met. My namesake "ShouldIMoveOrStayPut" was borne from seriously considering moving to Salt Lake City from Long Island NY back when I joined C-D for the skiing and because the attitude/values of the LDS appealed to me. I would likely not have joined the Church had I ultimately relocated, however.

B. They literally do a "world of good" with charity and aid efforts, etc. worldwide.

C. The founding of the religion and its prophet is quite questionable and personally, I think Joseph Smith was either delusional or a con man.

D. That having been said it is a Christ-based religion that has thrived despite questionable origins/prophet so there IS that.

E. If you feel you can embrace the main core of the religion, participate in community and good works within the Church, and kinda either ignore or avoid some of the elements you may feel are a little nuts, I say go for it...

Just remember your stake and/or ward may want you to teach Sunday School/Book Of Mormon Studies, etc. so you might not want to wind up regurgitating/teaching elements you may have an issue with. Get really good at something else they would need you to do that does not involve the teachings (carpentry/medical rides/designing costumes for plays/etc.) and you can successfully avoid the aforementioned.
Glad I inadvertently called you "Should." I agree. They are wonderful people and Katz is an excellent source of information about them, Nabors.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:04 PM

Quote:
You deliberately misrepresent absolutely everyone who disagrees with you. It is beyond pathological! I have ALWAYS used the Bible. It is HOW I discovered Jesus Christ as the exemplar of God and led to my adoption of Christianity. Is it even possible for you to stop lying about those you disagree with, BF??
Oh? So you affirm that Jesus destroyed unbelievers, as Jude wrote in Jude 5?

"Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—"

Or will you finally admit that no, you really DON'T agree with and use all the Bible, but only the passages that you decide click with your preconceived notions?

Old 09-21-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Oh? So you affirm that Jesus destroyed unbelievers, as Jude wrote in Jude 5?

"Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—"

Or will you finally admit that no, you really DON'T agree with and use all the Bible, but only the passages that you decide click with your preconceived notions?
I have always admitted that I use ONLY those parts of the Bible that are interpreted to be COMPATIBLE with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!

Jude refers to God the Father, NOT Jesus AS JESUS. God was interpreted by our ancestors under the veil from reading the OT. They all believed God was wrathful and blamed God's wrath for ALL negative things that ever happened, even what they did.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Don't expect him to change his ways, it's his modus operandi as an "extreme" fundamentalist.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I have always admitted that I use ONLY those parts of the Bible that are interpreted to be COMPATIBLE with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!
In other words, you have decided what that is, and you simply ignore the parts that don't agree with what you've decided.
Quote:

Jude refers to God the Father, NOT Jesus AS JESUS. God was interpreted by our ancestors under the veil from reading the OT. They all believed God was wrathful and blamed God's wrath for ALL negative things that ever happened, even what they did.
What? Have you ever read Jude? v. 2 says "Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ:"

He refers to God the Father and Jesus Christ. And then he goes on to say that Jesus destroyed unbelievers.

Without ignoring it outright, can you reconcile that? If you claim to use Scripture, specifically the NT, then use it. Don't write it off and ignore it because you don't like it.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
In other words, you have decided what that is, and you simply ignore the parts that don't agree with what you've decided.
It is NOT what I have decided. It is what Jesus revealed and demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgieness on the Cross!! Anyone can see and understand that agape love and forgiveness, even for His torturers and murderers - "Father forgive them they know not what they do." You have to want to believe something very different about God to misread that!!!
Quote:
What? Have you ever read Jude? v. 2 says "Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James, To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ:"

He refers to God the Father and Jesus Christ. And then he goes on to say that Jesus destroyed unbelievers.

Without ignoring it outright, can you reconcile that? If you claim to use Scripture, specifically the NT, then use it. Don't write it off and ignore it because you don't like it.
I write nothing off. Jesus was not even born during the Exodus! So he was referring to God the Father, NOT Jesus AS JESUS. I explained WHY they believed that under the veil of wrath from reading the OT and Moses that blinded them from the revelations of Jesus and God's Holy Spirit. But when they are in Christ and in the states of mind of the Holy Spirit, the veil is lifted from their hearts and the truth is revealed.

2nd Corinthians 3:14-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit:
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:56 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Get back on topic. The topic is not Mystic's beliefs. The topic of this thread is I'm investigating LDS Church of Jesus Christ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity