Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 06:26 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We believe in the same Lord and Savior, Jimmie, and from the same source of the answers. I just see a very different Jesus in that source than you do. What is missing from my explanation of how He saved us from our imperfections (sins), how His Grace covers our imperfections, and why He is the ONLY WAY to God, Jimmie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s easy-the power in the blood of the Lamb!
I appreciate you engaging with me, brother. But in my explanation, it is the power of His Holy Spirit brought to His human consciousness that achieves the saving. His blood was still spilled on the Cross in both cases. Why should His spilled blood have more power than His Holy Spirit, in your view?

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-04-2021 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 06:46 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
I appreciate you engaging with me, brother. But in my explanation, it is the power of His Holy Spirit brought to His human consciousness that achieves the saving. His blood was stilled spilled on the Cross in both cases. Why should His spilled blood have more power than His Holy Spirit, in your view?
Jesus’ blood purifies us from our sin nature and satisfies God’s holiness.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:05 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:
Not as you think. It is the flesh and blood of the son of man, the prophets, that purifies.

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

“If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you.”

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

There you have it. It can’t be made any clearer. The words of God are the flesh and blood of the son of man, the son of God, the prophets.

“Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

All quotes are from Jesus!

Old 10-04-2021, 07:14 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It could have something to do with this type of media as well. The recovery forum I go to is set up like this and it doesn't seem to have many posters anymore.

I miss Trout.
Forums and the web in general are slowly dying. Or rather, aging out. Younger internet users are more likely to interact with walled gardens through mobile apps.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
It is Christ's perfection (Grace) that covers our imperfections before God's holiness, Jimmie. It is God's Holy Spirit and the states of mind associated with it that keep you from sinning, IMO. When you are in those states of mind, you are being guided by the Comforter and cannot sin. When you are in other states of mind, especially the opposite states of mind, you are vulnerable to sin.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Forums and the web in general are slowly dying. Or rather, aging out. Younger internet users are more likely to interact with walled gardens through mobile apps.
Could you please explain this to this oldster??? What are they?

Old 10-04-2021, 07:46 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Not as you think. It is the flesh and blood of the son of man, the prophets, that purifies.

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

“If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you.”

“It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.”

There you have it. It can’t be made any clearer. The words of God are the flesh and blood of the son of man, the son of God, the prophets.

“Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely the words I’ve spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day.”

All quotes are from Jesus!
Matthew 26:28

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.

Do you accept these words of Jesus?

What about these words from the Apostles?

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 Peter 1:18-19
Knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold. But with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

It is the redemptive work of Christ that saves us.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:45 PM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
We believe in the same Lord and Savior, Jimmie, and from the same source of the answers. I just see a very different Jesus in that source than you do. What is missing from my explanation of how He saved us from our imperfections (sins), how His Grace covers our imperfections, and why He is the ONLY WAY to God, Jimmie?
The alter of incense is the scripture," None shall come to the father but by me "

He was speaking as the alter, none can come to the father unless they first offer the incense to the alter, and it is the alter that speaks for us by offering our prays through that alrer.

What happens when the incense is lit?

30 minutes of silence.

Nobody can speak while the alter is speaking as he offers our prayers.

He said it that way for big reasons

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-04-2021 at 11:10 PM..

Old 10-05-2021, 12:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
How does his wrath and sacrificing the life of an innocent, satisfy his holiness?

Old 10-05-2021, 01:52 AM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Matthew 26:28

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.

Do you accept these words of Jesus?

What about these words from the Apostles?

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 Peter 1:18-19
Knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold. But with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

It is the redemptive work of Christ that saves us.
Said to Gentile converts to the religion of Christ in order adopt them into Israel to become one with the chosen.

You guys take everything said to Gentile converts to Judaism and you slap a quote down saying," See what Jesus said to us?"

It was not said to Muslims, nor to Hindus and it wasnt said to lawless Christian's not in Judaism.

You trying to fit the anti Semitic Christianity of Constantine into the new Testament and it didnt even exist yet.

The apostasy came 100 years after Jesus died, and you are tryung to fit the lawless apostasy into the NT.

The New Testament was written to the gentile converts to Judaism, it was written to Gentiles who were then grafted into Israel to become a Jew, ONE with Jews, added to the nation of Jews, NOT TO BECOME THE ENEMY OF JEWS LIKE CHRISTIANS ARE, ONE WITH JEWS

Do people call you a Jew because they know that you love the holy days of Christ?

You convert to the religion of Jesus, and people WILL Take notice, people think I am Jewish all the time, that is because I converted to the religion of Christ.

When you get around to converting to the same religion as those first converts, then you can quote scripture that was written to you, you are reading someone else's mail, someone else's instructions for their religion.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-05-2021 at 02:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity