Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 05:35 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,257,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Could you please explain this to this oldster??? What are they?
Things like Instagram, SnapChat, Telegram, and TikTok. The content posted to those services can be excluded from the web because you might need to log in to see it, or you might need to be given access by the creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 05:37 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus’ blood purifies us from our sin nature and satisfies God’s holiness.
Yes, or as 1st John 1:7 says " IF ".
"IF" we are walking in light then the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

Old 10-17-2021, 05:46 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How does his wrath and sacrificing the life of an innocent, satisfy his holiness?
Jimmie et al. define holiness in a very unholy way, Jer! They cluelessly equate our wrathful punitive human justice with His holiness. It is a travesty!.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus’ blood purifies us from our sin nature and satisfies God’s holiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yes, or as 1st John 1:7 says " IF ".
"IF" we are walking in light then the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
Perhaps, you can answer the question that Jimmiej avoided: How does his wrath and sacrificing the life of an innocent, satisfy his holiness?

Old 10-21-2021, 11:00 AM

42 posts, read 26,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Just the opposite, Mystic.

You gave me hope for this forum. Your views are a welcome change from the "who can quote the most Bible verses" competition there seems to be here.

I haven't been on this forum very long but your reasoning has always resonated with me, and "mostly" aligns with my own beliefs. Some great Biblical scholars are on our wavelength.

I still get disturbed by the OT violence, then I have to make myself recall your words, and what I have learned on my own about the ancient, primitive and fear-based culture of the OT that is reflected there.

All primitive cultures had fear of evil spirits and still do, my missionary relatives tell me. Everything about their lives is filtered through that lens.

I would be intrigued about why you don't believe in Satan and the "principalities and powers". They go a long way in explaining the evil in the world today. The corruption of political leaders, etc.

Also, do you believe the Bible has any relevance at all? I can't tell from your postings that I've read.

In any case, nice gesture on your part, and I hope whoever it is you are missing comes back.
Hi Mystic,
I agree with Sand&Salt. Your posts about agape love and the whole concept - it is beautiful really. I remember learning about the word agape when I was younger, but it was not explained very well to me (I was simply told Greeks had several words for love). And Universalism - this is a totally new concept for me, and your posts have encouraged me to research this and find out more. I hope you continue to post here.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:54 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Just the opposite, Mystic.

You gave me hope for this forum. Your views are a welcome change from the "who can quote the most Bible verses" competition there seems to be here.

I haven't been on this forum very long but your reasoning has always resonated with me, and "mostly" aligns with my own beliefs. Some great Biblical scholars are on our wavelength.

I still get disturbed by the OT violence, then I have to make myself recall your words, and what I have learned on my own about the ancient, primitive and fear-based culture of the OT that is reflected there.

All primitive cultures had fear of evil spirits and still do, my missionary relatives tell me. Everything about their lives is filtered through that lens.

I would be intrigued about why you don't believe in Satan and the "principalities and powers". They go a long way in explaining the evil in the world today. The corruption of political leaders, etc.

Also, do you believe the Bible has any relevance at all? I can't tell from your postings that I've read.

In any case, nice gesture on your part, and I hope whoever it is you are missing comes back.
I consider Satan to be the internal reptilian brain (Serpent) that is the source of all our baser urges and selfish instincts because it does not have the ability to discriminate. We have to control it and decide what drives to satisfy and which ones to reject. It is capable of explaining all the evil done by human beings.

I would have to believe that some of the truly evil human beings that have existed somehow were able to be "born again" as spirits and abide among us for me to believe in demons. I do not believe God would allow that, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningamok View Post
Hi Mystic,
I agree with Sand&Salt. Your posts about agape love and the whole concept - it is beautiful really. I remember learning about the word agape when I was younger, but it was not explained very well to me (I was simply told Greeks had several words for love). And Universalism - this is a totally new concept for me, and your posts have encouraged me to research this and find out more. I hope you continue to post here.
Thank you both! Read the threads by Rose2Luv. They are my favorite source of inspiration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity