Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2021, 12:19 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Well if you mean totally 100% yeah Hitler petted his dog so by your definition he is not totally evil. Perhaps the priest after he had received his pleasure from the young boy would pat his head too!
People of products of their environments to a certain degree, and Hitler was not acting alone

I agree with you that there is wickedness in this world, and there are wicked people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are better and wiser than me, Meerkat. I am unable to abide by such evil exercise of power and control as if they are actually appointed to implement God's plans!!! It is egregious hubris and folly.
Edit to add: I am not better or wiser, I just have a different part/perspective in the overall design

The systems themselves are to be reformed, refined, renovated after going through the fire of all the Hidden things coming to light which is about understanding consequences and how things have been influential, and what their purpose for being was in the first place (the principality)

It’s reaping what has been sown on a global scale, each accountable for their own part

The systems had an initial purpose, and also revelation which still stands, and is the foundation that others build upon and Those things are subject to judgement for and against depending on its usefulness to those they were appointed to serve, the corrupted does not and will not stand, it will pass away

They are not all bad but definitely are not all good either

The systems have a function to perform for mans benefit, and the son of man is the appointed judge

There is great natural diversity which was planned from the beginning, and pruning, limiting has happened along the way at various times, Which man does

Joh 5:22**For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:23**That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Joh 5:24**Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh 5:25**Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Joh 5:26**For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27**And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man
Joh 5:28**Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29**And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Mar 10:42**But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43**But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44**And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mar 10:45**For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-07-2021 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-07-2021, 12:56 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Make proof of your ministry sir, where in the bible do you see that?
Oh by the way, that is what I thought!
People can profess their beliefs all they want and point at Bible verses all day long, but that is meaningless when weighed against acts of evil that they ignore and in many cases condone. If you use the Bible as proof it’s ok to ignore terrible crimes, then either your religion or the Bible are very flawed.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:41 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
People can profess their beliefs all they want and point at Bible verses all day long, but that is meaningless when weighed against acts of evil that they ignore and in many cases condone. If you use the Bible as proof it’s ok to ignore terrible crimes, then either your religion or the Bible are very flawed.
Yipes, in the Bible is Not OK to ignore terrible crimes but it exposes them as wrong. Please see 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Wicked people commit terrible crimes and according to the Bible the wicked will be 'destroyed forever'
-> Psalm 37:9-11; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22
Isaiah wrote that the ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4
Those verses are prophetic of Jesus' coming action to be taken at the time of Revelation 19:14-15.
Through Jesus, God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth ( literally or morally) - Revelation 11:18 B.
One purpose about the now international spreading about the good news of God's kingdom government as found at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8; Daniel 2:44 ) is that God will Not allow the wicked to take over the righteous.
For man has dominated man to man's hurt, to man's injury.
So, man's history shows that Man can't direct his step and that is why God will have Jesus step in.
In the meantime, we are to live a moral righteous lifestyle and teach others if we don't want to be an enemy of God and Jesus.

Old 10-07-2021, 02:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,527,568 times
There's a natural progression.

Low intelligence level

School dropout

Meth use

Quoting the Bible

Old 10-07-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
There's a natural progression.

Low intelligence level

School dropout

Meth use

Quoting the Bible
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I see the bible as multi-layered and the interpretation and translation has had both good and bad results in what is developed from those interpretations and translations

All Our societies have been built upon the interpretation and translation of the classics of the Hebrew, Roman, Greek, Egyptian, etc knowledge and inspiration

Old 10-07-2021, 02:57 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Edit to add: I am not better or wiser, I just have a different part/perspective in the overall design

The systems themselves are to be reformed, refined, renovated after going through the fire of all the Hidden things coming to light which is about understanding consequences and how things have been influential, and what their purpose for being was in the first place (the principality)

It’s reaping what has been sown on a global scale, each accountable for their own part

The systems had an initial purpose, and also revelation which still stands, and is the foundation that others build upon and Those things are subject to judgement for and against depending on its usefulness to those they were appointed to serve, the corrupted does not and will not stand, it will pass away

They are not all bad but definitely are not all good either

The systems have a function to perform for mans benefit, and the son of man is the appointed judge

There is great natural diversity which was planned from the beginning, and pruning, limiting has happened along the way at various times, Which man does

Joh 5:22**For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:23**That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
Joh 5:24**Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Joh 5:25**Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Joh 5:26**For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
Joh 5:27**And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man
Joh 5:28**Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29**And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Mar 10:42**But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43**But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44**And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mar 10:45**For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Definitely better and more tolerant than I, Meerkat. Tremendous evil and damage have been inflicted on humanity by the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have abused the power and control inherent in sincere belief in God. It is inexcusable to me that such a beautiful Good News Gospel of agape love and forgiveness has been so utterly corrupted and abused to advance the agendas of evil men.

Old 10-07-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Definitely better and more tolerant than I, Meerkat. Tremendous evil and damage have been inflicted on humanity by the "precepts and doctrines of men" that have abused the power and control inherent in sincere belief in God. It is inexcusable to me that such a beautiful Good News Gospel of agape love and forgiveness has been so utterly corrupted and abused to advance the agendas of evil men.
You view is lopsided because you forget about the creation and the creature that is waiting for a more Spiritual dominion and everlasting kingdom reigning over them

Future Glory
Rom 8:18**For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19**For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20**For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21**Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22**For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23**And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

You tend to use the Scriptures for your own (individual) benefit and comfort - but that is ok as you balance others lopsided views that cater to and for their own (individual) benefit as well

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14**For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15**But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Old 10-07-2021, 03:32 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You view is lopsided because you forget about the creation and the creature that is waiting for a more Spiritual dominion and everlasting kingdom reigning over them

Future Glory
Rom 8:18**For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19**For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20**For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21**Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22**For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23**And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

You tend to use the Scriptures for your own (individual) benefit and comfort - but that is ok as you balance others lopsided views that cater to and for their own (individual) benefit as well

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14**For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15**But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
My intellect says you are right, Meerkat, but my spirit detests the evil that dominates. Forgiving willful evil and enemies are still beyond the reach of my agape love and forgiveness. I am no Jesus.

Old 10-07-2021, 03:51 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Yipes, in the Bible is Not OK to ignore terrible crimes but it exposes them as wrong. Please see 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Wicked people commit terrible crimes and according to the Bible the wicked will be 'destroyed forever'
-> Psalm 37:9-11; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22
Isaiah wrote that the ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will rid the earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4
Those verses are prophetic of Jesus' coming action to be taken at the time of Revelation 19:14-15.
Through Jesus, God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth ( literally or morally) - Revelation 11:18 B.
One purpose about the now international spreading about the good news of God's kingdom government as found at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8; Daniel 2:44 ) is that God will Not allow the wicked to take over the righteous.
For man has dominated man to man's hurt, to man's injury.
So, man's history shows that Man can't direct his step and that is why God will have Jesus step in.
In the meantime, we are to live a moral righteous lifestyle and teach others if we don't want to be an enemy of God and Jesus.
Tell that to Jehovah’s Witnesses who say you have to have 2 witnesses to report a “sin” like pedophilia. The article below describes how this has effected reporting abuse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...d-42025255.amp

This article details how sexual abuse was covered up for decades.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/584311/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity