Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 06:09 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Highway probably went the normal progression into religious fanaticism. Heavy Drug use -- total failure and then going door-to-door at $6 an hour littering and handing out junk. If he can deflect criticism and spout the same garbage answers to real problems he may get that salary increase to $7 an hour.

I see these people on street corners -babbling idiocies to imaginary listeners. As long as they stay away from your valuables - its all good.

Never even smoked cigarettes Westy. You are correct that my worship/religion was progressive, I always had a love for God, but actually didn't make the truth my own until around the year 2000, I have been a dedicated witness since then, although I look forward to the day when I no longer have to sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 06:13 AM

12 posts, read 3,196 times
Quote:
There have been so many pedophile priest cases and so many coverups - what is the excuse Catholics have for them? "God acts in mysterious ways?"
I would ask what is the excuse that they are still a Catholic.
If it were me I would be to ashamed to even tell anyone.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If, a child comes to you with that of being sexually abused, and you do nothing to protect the child or investigate the truth of the matter, you are nothing less than an enabler, while letting the abuse continue. Claiming you are protecting them under the guise of a two-witness rule or merely kicking the perpetrator out of your group is ludicrous. They need to be held accountable. The only thing you have accomplished is that of concealing the matter from the authorities for your Organizations name sake!

I am beginning to think you have abused others, and are only concerned with your own reputation. Most children do not make false accusations. Adults are a different matter, as many of them lie through their teeth, while flapping their gums to conceal that which is unacceptable. Disassociating yourself from them did absolutely nothing in seeking or getting to the truth, neither does it protect other children who may end up being abused by this same person. And, it is unlikely that you will ever have two-witnesses, when it comes to child-abuse, other than that of the victim and predator themselves.

It would depend on the circumstances on what I would do. You can think what you want about me, don't matter in the least, you and I are very different people. I personally think you a very sick individual, but of course who am I. You have to answer for yourself sir.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:40 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,527,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It would depend on the circumstances on what I would do. You can think what you want about me, don't matter in the least, you and I are very different people. I personally think you a very sick individual, but of course who am I. You have to answer for yourself sir.

You condone priests diddling little boys en masse and you call Peachy a sick individual? So typical of ignorant zealots.

Old 10-31-2021, 01:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If, a child comes to you with that of being sexually abused, and you do nothing to protect the child or investigate the truth of the matter, you are nothing less than an enabler, while letting the abuse continue. Claiming you are protecting them under the guise of a two-witness rule or merely kicking the perpetrator out of your group is ludicrous. They need to be held accountable. The only thing you have accomplished is that of concealing the matter from the authorities for your Organizations name sake!

I am beginning to think you have abused others, and are only concerned with your own reputation. Most children do not make false accusations. Adults are a different matter, as many of them lie through their teeth, while flapping their gums to conceal that which is unacceptable. Disassociating yourself from them did absolutely nothing in seeking or getting to the truth, neither does it protect other children who may end up being abused by this same person. And, it is unlikely that you will ever have two-witnesses, when it comes to child-abuse, other than that of the victim and predator themselves.
Quote:
It would depend on the circumstances on what I would do. You can think what you want about me, don't matter in the least, you and I are very different people. I personally think you are a very sick individual, but of course who am I. You have to answer for yourself sir.
Quote:
You condone priests diddling little boys en masse and you call Peachy a sick individual? So typical of ignorant zealots.
You should learn to read a bit closer, it was I that he referred to as a sick individual. Yet, it could have been one of his daughters in a alley, where two teen aged girls were being raped by eleven men. No doubt he would have run scared, instead of intervening. Of course, I would not expect him to do what I did, but then I doubt he is ex - Special Forces with a certain skill set of taking out those who are wicked.

Quote:
If you witness a crime, especially a serious one you should report it. You didn't ask that. No one should conceal a crime, but although that is correct when one doesn't report it, I fully understand why someone wouldn't. Most people do not want to get involved. I know I certainly don't want to. We try to change lives by changing one heart at a time, hoping they will come to love Jehovah and follow the laws of the Christ sir. By doing that, less crimes will occur.

Think about this, what if you saw a gang related murder, or worse yet a mob related murder, would you want to testify? It is a sad state of affairs in the world, but if prophecy is true, you haven't seen anything yet. The love of the greater number has already cooled off, but it is spiraling downward sir.
I would have no problem testifying, especially - if I witnessed the act or something for myself.
Neither, would I fail to report what a young child has said - when it comes to sexual abuse.

But you can pray that I do not witness someone sexually abusing a child for myself?

Old 11-01-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:

I consider liars sick as well Westy, would you think God would feel that way as well?

Old 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,527,568 times
"god" is the excuse for most wars, Christians have fought many wars to kill Infidels - Allah blessed 9-11. We put a Catholic as head of Vietnam which was 98% non-catholic. The Church assisted with the genocide in Rwanda - even recently.

Why not make excuses for each of these events instead of your usual drivel?

Old 11-08-2021, 12:19 PM

12 posts, read 7,389 times
I'm catholic and it is bad, many catholics leave the church over this. I don't downplay it but the media stretches the truth so just keep that in mind. For all people who feel down and lose morale because of the wolves in sheeps clothing, remember that 1 person that Jesus chose as an apostle also betrayed Him: Judas

Old 11-08-2021, 01:18 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachyking View Post
I would ask what is the excuse that they are still a Catholic.
If it were me I would be to ashamed to even tell anyone.
I would ask Protestants the same question, " Why are Proestants still Catholic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity