Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 02:00 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times

Advertisements

Heard of a teacher's aid at a Native American reserve who was a male had to get bonded investigation every two years and there was no incident to provoke any investigation, so some initiations are getting it right....... Then there is the Christian boy's scouts who tried to ban the homosexuals from being leaders but were condemned by the world, then they had to pay millions for the pedophile of homosexuals who may close the business..... See you don't see women leaders in the boy scouts as a pedophile but the world you can tell the truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 03:02 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The serious damage these evil men cause is frequently not repairable. Trusting the existing religious authorities to administer any corrections is fraught with the unknown number of priests who have NOT been caught and elevated to positions of authority.
Agreed.

Old 10-02-2021, 03:05 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yep. This is the problem. The Catholic Church continues to drag its feet. When state attorneys general are having to invoke RICO statutes 25 years after the Boston Globe broke the story, that speaks to some serious institutional corruption.

Hey, any denomination is capable of having a clergy member abuse the trust invested him him. Yet the only moral response is to defrock the clergy in question and call the police.

Unfortunately, the Catholic Church continues to abet this in many dioceses merely by failure to disclose wrongdoing.

That means, thousands of times, the Church as an institution had a clearcut choice between good and evil. But by covering up the crimes, by paying off the families, by shifting the offending priest to a different, unsuspecting parish, it was a party to sexual assault. It might as well have been holding down the victims for the priests while they performed their outrages.

There is simply no way around this.
Public executions.

Is it any coincidence that all of the Popes since JP2 have been outspoken against the death penalty?

Defrocking is not enough. Prison is not enough. Hang em high.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:36 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
Sadly and unfortunately, sexuality is a script and it is hard-wired. Celibacy may be a way some think they can eliminate attraction to children, but it is not. Marriage may be a way some think they can eliminate an attraction to children, but it is not. Homosexuality literally has nothing to do with pedophilia, and unless the individual is homosexual AND a pedophile, it is an anachronism to believe the two have something in common any more than the belief that heterosexuality and pedophilia similarly overlap; there are people who are homosexual and pedophiles and persons who are heterosexual and pedophiles.

There are chemical deterrents to minimize the desire, but few people seek to limit their sexual scripts; this is akin to saying any normative behavior should be altered, and for the pedophile, outside societies' criticisms, their behavior is ego-syntonic. Without a criticism to the Catholic church, most religions are slow to address criminal behavior 2nd to the tenet of forgiveness. Persons who are pedophiles actually may be drawn to any ecclesial environment because they may find forgiveness there and a belief (poorly held) that G-d will protect them/prevent such behavior, and they find themselves in gross error. And some are drawn to positions of power with children because it gives them greater access, and no one will be the wiser (or so they think, as we are slowly finding with children in athletic training camps). I have read it commonly takes a pedophile 75-100 victims to be caught, and with that there are gross misunderstandings / caring supports given to children on witness stands, whereby the perpetrator often goes free or gets a reduced sentence.

I truly believe, unless one becomes a mystic and a hermit or outside religious ideals, becomes isolated and without contact of society, there will be no cancelling their pedophilia, with the exception of the secondary intervention of chemical castration (commonly Depo-Provera). I don't honestly believe in bullet therapy (as has been espoused), but I also don't think there is a cure. These are persons made in G-d's image with the aberration of pedophilia - there are few societies that espouse this behavior, it has been broadly condemned across time and culture, and we don't have a solution to limit it or eradicate it. That is the baseline to work from, and any other ideas generated in this country are curious remnants rising from thoughts of perversion within our Puritanical ethos. This is not suggested here by any means to justify it or otherwise make it relative; it is what it is. And more work needs to be done on this topic than what has been otherwise supported herein.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:56 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
What's the point? According to your belief system they will be forever tormented in hell anyway.
Lol.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:12 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,528,127 times
To answer why priests pray on young boys and not women may be they grew up and live in a sexist world. They can't stand up to an adult woman. Its much easier to diddle young boys who are too scared to resist.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
People are sinners, but you cannot blame the Catholic faith, as they teach that to be an unacceptable practice. Obviously if a Catholic is doing that, then he really isn't a Catholic is he, his fruits has shown what he actually is.
Yeah, he is still a Catholic, personally, you get caught red handed with a child, it should be a bullet to the head the very next day.

Having said that, dude is still a Catholic, why wouldnt he be still a Catholic? There are evil people in every religion

You have some kind of list of sins that if Catholics breaks, he is no longer a Catholic?

What about the murderer, the adulterer and the sexual immoral?

These also bring death by the law.

So what sins can a Catholic commit and still be a Catholic?

Jesus said if you are angry with your neighbor,you are a murderer, he said if you lust after a woman, you are an adulterer or a person who is committing immoral sex.

Immoral sex is immoral sex .

If somebody can be kicked out of the Catholic church then let everyone be judged accordingly and there wouldnt be anyone left in the Catholic church.

If a person believes himself to be a Catholic, it wouldnt matter what the church said anyway, he remains a Catholic.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:47 AM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Oh my goodness, there's nothing quite like this subject to bring out the very worst in people. The murderous streak that lies beneath the surface of some of you is frightening. It's disheartening and I regret having ventured on to this thread.

Old 10-03-2021, 03:10 AM

I think some people deserve to be killed, a child predator can ruin 40 lives and then turn out a low percentage of victims doing the same thing when they get older.

Where does it stop?

I did forgive my own attackers, I even looked them up and contacted then, and I dont wish their death just because I dont think they do it anymore, but if I did learn that they had continued and were still doing things like that, I would wish their death.

I wouldnt change what happened to me because it made me who I am, but I wouldnt want men running loose on streets like that.

It physically changed my brain and set me on a path of self destruction that I am still in.

Old 10-03-2021, 05:30 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is that why your Organization covers up sexual abuse of children, as well as the Catholic Church?

I believe we go overboard the opposite way, I disagree as the Bible states that there must be at least two witnesses, however our elders are to contact the authorities if an allegation of abuse is reported to them. You are from your father sir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity