Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 07:03 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

Thanks Jerwade, astonishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 07:05 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Let me just say that from a particular Law Firm in California (2018-19) that the: "Watchtower has abused the discovery process. It has zealously advocated its position and lost multiple times. Yet, it cavalierly refuses to acknowledge the consequences of these losses and the validity of the court’s orders..."

And that the U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Appeal by Jehovah’s Witnesses of 2015 California Trial Court Order...

In other words, the Organization continued its failed tactics (appeal) that it redundantly attempted to use in order for its non-disclosure stance. Whether or not the fines continue(d) is unknown to me, and irrelevant to the fact that they disobeyed court orders to produce the documents; and were fined to the tune of millions of dollars in protecting pedophiles.

In addition, $4,016,152.39 plus interest at 10% per year after terminating Watchtower’s defense, (was awarded to this person) because it refused to obey the Court’s order to produce files of known child molesters within the Jehovah Witness Organization.
It is truly an evil organization, Jer!

Old 10-03-2021, 07:25 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is why we are told the war/strife is not with flesh and blood ie individuals.... but with the principalities, rulers in the high places who teach or condone evil things

Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
This is why we are told the war/strife is not with flesh and blood ie individuals.... but with the principalities, rulers in the high places who teach or condone evil things

Eph 6:12**For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
No doubt there is spiritual wickedness in high places.

Old 10-03-2021, 07:56 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Yup

Like with individual humans there is a mix of good and evil, nothing down here is totally evil or totally good

Old 10-03-2021, 11:53 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Yup

Like with individual humans there is a mix of good and evil, nothing down here is totally evil or totally good
It is true there will be evil men(women) who masquerade as Christians.

What is of interest is the approach taken with respect to JWs. JWs don't operate Sunday schools, youth camps, daycare, parochial schools. There is no paid clergy even the "elders" and "ministerial servants" are unpaid volunteers. The abuse didn't happen at places of worship. places operated by JWs. They happened outside of the organization. Yet what occurred outside the organization is now used to label an organization as having institutionalized child abuse. Also, unlike other religious organizations JWs ecclesiastical approach to discipline members was scrutinized as if the ecclesiastical approach by other religious organizations was above reproach.

The organization is labeled evil because some of it's members engaged in wicked actions. It's labeled evil because it's ecclesiastical approach to discipline members does not suit what others believe is appropriate.

The problem of child abuse is real. What is also real is tabloid reporting, profiteering, and anti JW/anti religious sentiment.

Old 10-04-2021, 12:29 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
It is true there will be evil men(women) who masquerade as Christians.

What is of interest is the approach taken with respect to JWs. JWs don't operate Sunday schools, youth camps, daycare, parochial schools. There is no paid clergy even the "elders" and "ministerial servants" are unpaid volunteers. The abuse didn't happen at places of worship. places operated by JWs. They happened outside of the organization. Yet what occurred outside the organization is now used to label an organization as having institutionalized child abuse. Also, unlike other religious organizations JWs ecclesiastical approach to discipline members was scrutinized as if the ecclesiastical approach by other religious organizations was above reproach.

The organization is labeled evil because some of it's members engaged in wicked actions. It's labeled evil because it's ecclesiastical approach to discipline members does not suit what others believe is appropriate.

The problem of child abuse is real. What is also real is tabloid reporting, profiteering, and anti JW/anti religious sentiment.
So, you are only a Jehovah Witness, when in a building with no windows? Now, don't tell me that the Catholic Priests, only abused children inside a cathedral? This idea that they are merely "unpaid" volunteers is ludicrous. Perhaps, they should have done what they were supposed to do, and reported the abuse to the authorities. They could have used their blue envelops and secretly informed them?

Old 10-04-2021, 05:34 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, what I say is that evil dwells within all men and we have all been found guilty of murder and immoral sex, again, Jesus said if you get angry with brother, it's the same as murder, and if you lust, it's the same as immoral sex

When the son of lawlessness will he revealed in all people, it is Rosh Hashanah where you get cut in half and the goat will go from you if you are a sheep.

All the law does is to teach love and mercy and thats what Jesus said because he knew from the law that if you get angry with your neighbor, you are a murderer.

Jesus said this because he knew just how much the law actually convicted.

The law has all of us dead before we hit 13, and it is so redundantly convicting that if you know the law, you have convicted yourself, and it is in self conviction that you find mercy for everyone else because you know how convicted you are, all it does is teach mercy and forgiveness when you actually walk in the law and prophets

My point is that all of us are found wanting under the law and we all deserve death, and there is absolutely nothing we could do to get death off our heads.

I mean that was the whole point of Jesus coming, because it was simply impossible for us to have followed the law to save our own selves?

Did Jesus just stand for just your sins or the sins of the world?

If just one person was very evil, he is just showing the propensity we all have for evil.

I dont.even think the pedophiles go to some hell.

Maybe in their next life they will be the opposite, and it says that EVERY MAN will be tested by standing in the lake of fire to see if they can stand in the fire as Meshack, Shadrac and Abendego who didnt burn in the flames.

Even so, it says that even those who are tested by flames and WHO BURN, EVEN THEY WILL BE SAVED, who am I to say different

The lake of fire is symbolic Hans

Old 10-04-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Your organization hides behind the Bible to cover up sexual abuse, a crime that has nothing to do with the Bible. You are using the two witness rule to allow criminals in your organization to escape criminal justice, and you seem to be proud of it.

I don't particularly like our organization stepping out of the two witness rule. At any rate I would not do so. I would never ever report anyone, even you, but definitely not a brother of whom I had no personal knowledge about the situation. Once again, we observe God's word not opinionated persons such as yourself. Fact is sir, God's people do not molest children, of course that does not prevent us from being infiltrated by non-Christians who pose as one of us.

How many times are you going to repeatedly bring this up? As I told your co-hort, the Catholic faith does not teach that to be an acceptable practice, that is simply the truth that you two will have to get ahold of. I seriously doubt that the faiths that you two belong to allow it either.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Is that why your Jehovah Witness Organization, despite court orders, paid a daily fine amounting to millions of dollars over the years, so they didn't have to reveal their list or secret database of accused pedophiles/predators. Most of which have never been shared with law enforcement. Now, who is it that you are you serving, Highway54 - the devil you say?

It makes you wonder why he is so supportive, while he, himself has been disfellowshipped?
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses of course sir, and I expect to be one of them eternally. Never forget Jesus himself was put out as well, yet he did not quit serving Jehovah, nor will I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity