Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 04:26 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
OMG - I couldn't even watch beyond the first 5 minutes:
- "we should be obedient and submissive, even if what the elders are asking us to do is not the best..." 1:59

- "being obedient and submissive to those taking the lead, is much more important, then how..." 3:52

that just grosses me out.
That looks like total perp grooming right there!

I'm really sad for the individuals and families that mixed up with this organization!
Really breaks my heart!

Thank the Lord my children were instead taught about a well-formed conscience: "Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters." (1782 of the Catholic catechism).
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCCyou again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 04:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
OMG - I couldn't even watch beyond the first 5 minutes:
- "we should be obedient and submissive, even if what the elders are asking us to do is not the best..." 1:59

- "being obedient and submissive to those taking the lead, is much more important, then how..." 3:52

that just grosses me out.
That looks like total perp grooming right there!

I'm really sad for the individuals and families that mixed up with this organization!
Really breaks my heart!

Thank the Lord my children were instead taught about a well-formed conscience: "Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters." (1782 of the Catholic catechism).

Old 10-04-2021, 04:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mensaguy again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Same here.
Ditto!

Old 10-04-2021, 11:40 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Just wondering, what's the definition of 'agape love' again?

Old 10-04-2021, 11:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
"Unconditional?" An unselfish love towards that of others and their well-being.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:28 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
I have hated that word above all words since the earlier 70's, it brings back cringeworthy memories like I feel sick everytime I see it, and I am sure I'm not the only one who remembers that word with disgust when it was so often thrown around by freaks in the 60's, 70's.

I see that word and I am triggered back to crazy, crazy women like the kind that loved Chatlie so much back at the ranch.

Crazy women, couldnt even put clothes on them much less a bra betwixt them, talking bout free love and Damn the baby killers kinda freaks.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:29 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you become aware of a crime (in this case that would be sexual abuse of a minor) and fail to report it to the police, you are as evil as the perpetrator of the crime, and you may be liable for criminal prosecution yourself. Sometime it is called being an accessory after the fact, and sometimes it is called aiding and abetting a criminal enterprise.

The two witness rule does not apply to criminal activity. Period. Leave it to the prosecutor to decide what witnesses are required.

You are free to do as thee please, as for me an my household, we will be obedient to Jehovah's laws.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I can imagine that you have already been told things in error from Your Preferred Organization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4q8QLGEr1s

Feel free to offer an "error" and I will give you the scriptural reason why we do it sir

Old 10-05-2021, 04:34 AM

Quote:
James Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, in its Greek dictionary (1890, pp. 75, 76), remarks under phi·leʹo: “To be a friend to (fond of [an individual or an object]), i.e. have affection for (denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling; while [a·ga·paʹo] is wider, embracing espec. the judgment and the deliberate assent of the will as a matter of principle, duty and propriety . . . ).”

Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,913,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
James Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, in its Greek dictionary (1890, pp. 75, 76), remarks under phi·leʹo: “To be a friend to (fond of [an individual or an object]), i.e. have affection for (denoting personal attachment, as a matter of sentiment or feeling; while [a·ga·paʹo] is wider, embracing espec. the judgment and the deliberate assent of the will as a matter of principle, duty and propriety . . . ).”
Sorry guys ...I know what it means. I just wasn't seeing much of it displayed on this thread, especially by those who lay claim to the term. Pedophilia has been diagnosed as a mental disorder. Perhaps general recognition and a 'treatment program' should be encouraged rather than 'payback'. Society at large would benefit from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity