Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2021, 05:39 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,050,936 times

Advertisements

And here's yet another sex scandal. The Catholic Church would have been much better served had it, twenty-five years ago, said 'Okay, this has happened. Here are all the names and documentation,' rather than this long-festering hemorrhaging of credibility. Unless the Church is just trying to cover for offending priests until they all die, of course.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a30_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 06:33 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Your organization hides behind the Bible to cover up sexual abuse, a crime that has nothing to do with the Bible. You are using the two witness rule to allow criminals in your organization to escape criminal justice, and you seem to be proud of it.
What religion could believe that “it just didn’t happen” without 2 witnesses? That’s tantamount to excusing the perpetrator every single time and by extent ensuring the religion remains untainted. Rapists and pedophiles abuse in secret not with an audience.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 10-05-2021 at 06:43 AM..

Old 10-05-2021, 06:42 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You are free to do as thee please, as for me an my household, we will be obedient to Jehovah's laws.
In other words you’ll protect the religion and damn the victims.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I believe we go overboard the opposite way, I disagree as the Bible states that there must be at least two witnesses, however our elders are to contact the authorities if an allegation of abuse is reported to them. You are from your father sir

This is vacuous and, more importantly, immoral. As if any sexual abuse, short of gang rape, takes place with witnesses. No, it is furtive and performed in secrecy.

It boils down to this. Anything less than calling the authorities to investigate is to perpetuate evil. You don't need witnesses. You need DNA. The presence of any DNA through semen on an underage victim is de facto evidence of rape, regardless of whether or not the act was witnessed.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:48 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Unconditional?" An unselfish love towards that of others and their well-being.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I can imagine that you have already been told things in error from Your Preferred Organization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4q8QLGEr1s
Quote:
Feel free to offer an "error" and I will give you the scriptural reason why we do it sir
Did you even listen to the video, especially when your mentors were talking?

Do as you are told without questioning.
No education necessary, follow the program.
People fit for destruction, they are garbage.
No acts of compassion, even for a dying child.
Solicitation of funds through deception.
Exploiting children to further the kingdom.
Two witness rule and the shunning of family members.

Your mentors talk like illiterate children, having no education.
Cognitive behavioral therapy- for the brainwashed.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:06 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Omg, just seen this in the news.

A quarter of a million kids abused?

I mean, wonder how many priests are involved, a quarter of a million, is that like pedophile heaven?

330 freaking thousand.

What a racket, if they had 330,000 reported cases, omg, how many are we not hearing about?

Its gotta be another 100, 000 at the least but I bet it's closer to another 330,000.

Freaks.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france...victims-report

O, it said that about 3000 priests took part in those evil acts, who would stay in a church what haves 3000 child molestors?

It has to be corrupt to where Pedophiles in power were putting pedophiles in charge of children and Lord knows how many pictures and stories they shared with each other, how can a church have that many sick individuals by chance?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-05-2021 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-05-2021, 01:38 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
What religion could believe that “it just didn’t happen” without 2 witnesses? That’s tantamount to excusing the perpetrator every single time and by extent ensuring the religion remains untainted. Rapists and pedophiles abuse in secret not with an audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
In other words you’ll protect the religion and damn the victims.
The two witness rule is about church discipline (ecclesiastical issues). Most churches (organizations) have an internal process to deal with clergy and employees involved in child abuse. In contrast to JWs, most don't have a process to deal with individual members who commit gross sins like child abuse.

“Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go and reveal his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, so that on the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established."-Matthew 18, 15,16

If an organization claims to be Christian and the Bible is considered the book of faith by many practicing Christians it stands to reason the actions a church (organization) takes should be found therein.

I'm sure Jesus knew it's not a perfect system because unlike Jesus men can't discern the thoughts of others. Lets be clear though. The two witness rule is only about how the church disciplines its members. It doesn't prevent anyone from going to the authorities and filing an accusation.

Old 10-05-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Omg, just seen this in the news.

A quarter of a million kids abused?

I mean, wonder how many priests are involved, a quarter of a million, is that like pedophile heaven?

330 freaking thousand.

What a racket, if they had 330,000 reported cases, omg, how many are we not hearing about?

Its gotta be another 100, 000 at the least but I bet it's closer to another 330,000.

Freaks.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france...victims-report

O, it said that about 3000 priests took part in those evil acts, who would stay in a church what haves 3000 child molestors?

It has to be corrupt to where Pedophiles in power were putting pedophiles in charge of children and Lord knows how many pictures and stories they shared with each other, how can a church have that many sick individuals by chance?

I don't know. I just don't. I respect individual Catholics in their faith, and fully understand their desire to remain loyal to the faith in which they grew up. But at some point, you have to ask, 'What is the breaking point?' At what point does the flock demand reform? Sure, a few grassroots organizations have emerged, but they seem to be outliers rather than represent that broad spectrum of Catholics.

I think part of the problem is that Catholic faithful want to treat these incidents as anomalies. But as the number of outrages spirals upward over the past 25 years into literally the millions, then it stops being an anomaly and becomes business as usual. Because the scandal isn't about the misbehavior of the individual priests, but rather about an institution that knew of such conduct and covered it up year after year after year.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:05 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I don't know. I just don't. I respect individual Catholics in their faith, and fully understand their desire to remain loyal to the faith in which they grew up. But at some point, you have to ask, 'What is the breaking point?' At what point does the flock demand reform? Sure, a few grassroots organizations have emerged, but they seem to be outliers rather than represent that broad spectrum of Catholics.

I think part of the problem is that Catholic faithful want to treat these incidents as anomalies. But as the number of outrages spirals upward over the past 25 years into literally the millions, then it stops being an anomaly and becomes business as usual. Because the scandal isn't about the misbehavior of the individual priests, but rather about an institution that knew of such conduct and covered it up year after year after year.
For many of us including myself, it's not the faith we grew up with. The Catholic Church is full of converts - much more so than many outsiders realize. The simple fact of the matter is that Catholicism is true. Where else would we go?

John 6:68: "Simon Peter answered him, 'Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life'"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity