Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 03:15 PM

63,792 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Utter and Total Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 03:57 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Only God could have a book printed and distributed all over the world that UNBELIEVERS can't understand no matter how bright they are. Had a supervisor who bragged about his 141 IQ and how he turned down MENSA, he also informed me he had read the entire bible and won a debate with another guy. He had no idea he would never understand the deeper things of God as long as he was in unbelief. We have many on these forums in the same boat, it won't end well for those in unbelief.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:20 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not believe it correctly describes what occurred because God would not destroy any of us and certainly not for disbelief. The difficulty is that our ancestors, including the writer of Jude, believed everything that happened was done by God's sovereign Will. That happens to be a belief about God that I do not find remotely credible. So ANY attributions to God are suspect and subject to compatibility with the True Nature of God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross.
Right. Just what I've been saying. You "do not believe..." so you simply discard it. You pick and choose which parts of Scripture to believe. Jude was an apostle. He wasn't one of the "ancient barbarians" you always talk about.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:14 PM

88,548 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Only God could have a book printed and distributed all over the world that UNBELIEVERS can't understand no matter how bright they are. Had a supervisor who bragged about his 141 IQ and how he turned down MENSA, he also informed me he had read the entire bible and won a debate with another guy. He had no idea he would never understand the deeper things of God as long as he was in unbelief. We have many on these forums in the same boat, it won't end well for those in unbelief.
How are people supposed to believe who don't believe, though?

You can't just DECIDE to believe something.

Also, under what authority do YOU get to decide for whom "it won't end well"? Since you have obviously chosen to disregard Jesus's command to love God and your neighbor, what makes you think it will end well for you?

Old 10-13-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Also, under what authority do YOU get to decide for whom "it won't end well"? Since you have obviously chosen to disregard Jesus's command to love God and your neighbor, what makes you think it will end well for you?
That's up to God. You're right. We can't make anyone believe, and we can't just decide to believe.

Having said that, there sure are a lot of folks on this forum that choose to disbelieve.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. Just what I've been saying. You "do not believe..." so you simply discard it. You pick and choose which parts of Scripture to believe. Jude was an apostle. He wasn't one of the "ancient barbarians" you always talk about.
You have no way of knowing if Jude actually wrote it or whether or not it was altered after he wrote it because all that information is lost in the mists of time. That is true about virtually everything you accept as the word of God in your Bible.

The only safe way to make actual sense of what Jesus endured with perfect agape love and forgiveness even for His torturers and murderers, is to accept His attitude as the True Nature of God. That would make everything claimed to be from God or Jesus false that is NOT compatible with God's True Nature.

Accepting that is the only sure way to know which writings are in fact scripture and the word of God and which are NOT! The same applies to the interpretations made of the writings. Any interpretations that are not compatible with God's nature as revealed by Jesus cannot be accepted as accurate interpretations.

NOTE: I did NOT say what I agree with or prefer, but what is COMPATIBLE with the True Nature of God as REVEALED BY JESUS ON THE CROSS!

Old 10-13-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You have no way of knowing if Jude actually wrote it or whether or not it was altered after he wrote it because all that information is lost in the mists of time. That is true about virtually everything you accept as the word of God in your Bible.

The only safe way to make actual sense of what Jesus endured with perfect agape love and forgiveness even for His torturers and murderers, is to accept His attitude as the True Nature of God. That would make everything claimed to be from God or Jesus false that is NOT compatible with God's True Nature.

Accepting that is the only sure way to know which writings are in fact scripture and the word of God and which are NOT! The same applies to the interpretations made of the writings. Any interpretations that are not compatible with God's nature as revealed by Jesus cannot be accepted as accurate interpretations.

NOTE: I did NOT say what I agree with or prefer, but what is COMPATIBLE with the True Nature of God as REVEALED BY JESUS ON THE CROSS!
Right. So you simply discard what doesn't go along with your preconceived ideas of what the "True Nature of God" is. But you can't conceive of the idea that you could simply be wrong. You adjust Scripture to fit your views, rather than your views to fit Scripture. I've been saying this all along.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. So you simply discard what doesn't go along with your preconceived ideas of what the "True Nature of God" is. But you can't conceive of the idea that you could simply be wrong. You adjust Scripture to fit your views, rather than your views to fit Scripture. I've been saying this all along.
How the hell can you misinterpret the nature of God revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross under the most horrendous conditions a human body could endure????? What about His reaction was ambiguous??? How the hell could it EVER have been interpreted as the reaction of a God whose wrath and vengeance over a single act of disobedience caused Him to curse our entire species???? How is that remotely credible to you????

Old 10-13-2021, 07:02 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Excellent questions......you have to be drawn by the Holy Spirit to find the Lord. You can see it in Acts 16 where the Spirit opened Lydias understanding to hear Paul, and she believed. I know it won't end well for those in unbelief because that is the root cause for all sin. Jesus wants all to come to know Him (as do I). I have posted many times if you desire to be saved openly pray for Jesus to make Himself real and He will honor that, because He and the Spirit are everywhere and they already know you. The best decision anyone will ever make.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
How the hell can you misinterpret the nature of God revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross under the most horrendous conditions a human body could endure?????
Describe that for me, please.
Quote:

What about His reaction was ambiguous??? How the hell could it EVER have been interpreted as the reaction of a God whose wrath and vengeance over a single act of disobedience caused Him to curse our entire species???? How is that remotely credible to you????
Scripture actually says that God poured out his wrath on Jesus instead of us. Your version of a milktoast god that is scared to offend doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity