Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 06:07 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times

Advertisements

What are the requirements given to us in the Bible for survival?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2021, 06:25 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Personally, I hope I'm taken in a rapture first. In any event, people been watching for it for 2000 years. Some groups have made several false prophecies regarding its start. At this point I'd suggest just keeping one's eyes on Jesus rather than to get caught up in hype.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:36 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
By "survival" you mean simply staying alive?

God has given us no promise of that. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, tribulation or not.

Nor is there any value in saving our lives at the expense of our soul.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
I don't believe anyone is promised life through the tribulation, are they?

Old 10-22-2021, 12:13 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Jesus said that we have enough daily to contend with, not to be worrying about tomorrow. So this concern about the tribulation goes against what he directed.

It's amazing how so many ignore Christ's words, and chase after obscure riders way past his time, adding/changing/babbling things that Jesus never would have said or taught. Forget all that tribulation schtuff, and likely fantasies about the future.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-22-2021 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-22-2021, 12:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
I agree with you all - the Christian is not supposed to be trying to preserve our (natural, religious) life here, that is not to say we are not to be good citizens of the countries and society that we are in and looking after family and neighbours as we are able, and learn

But we are to focus on the higher, invisible things - the purpose and qualities that relate to that (higher) kingdom

The tribulation of the kingdom with its wars, plagues, disputes, impiety, idolatry, etc has been and is going on around us and we are not to be led astray from a basic and essential simplicity, and humility that we are to approach life from

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-22-2021 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-22-2021, 01:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
So, are you merely looking to survive, believing you will put on immortality - if you do the right things?

Old 10-22-2021, 02:37 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Apparently to some, salvation isn't good enough to "survive" whatever this traumatic stuff is to be. They follow a false powerless or inept version of Jesus. That's what's really going on here, and I'm calling it out.

Old 10-22-2021, 04:53 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
If you manage to be alive during the great tribulation which will come during apostasy of faith from God , then the key is do what Jesus tells you to do ....... If you don't the gift of hearing the Word from Jesus than Jesus said in His Word to wait for a month longer than three and one half years, as these people will be blessed, which sounds like the cross of Christ as three and half years is faith in God's Word ...... You could be a martyr for Jesus like the early Christians, but martyrs cannot get anyone saved, they just get the martyr's crown in Heaven ....... So that is it be a martyr for survival during the time of apostasy

Old 10-23-2021, 04:54 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Personally, I hope I'm taken in a rapture first. In any event, people been watching for it for 2000 years. Some groups have made several false prophecies regarding its start. At this point I'd suggest just keeping one's eyes on Jesus rather than to get caught up in hype.

Yes Baptist, sound advice, Jesus told us to keep on the watch, teaching urgency even in his day. Signs indicate that we are living in the day when the "rapture" will occur, but the Bible is clear that all those will be taken at the return of Jesus, who will end the tribulation and bring the Kingdom Mat 24:22. I hope that you are one of those sir, but I realize that I am not, which is equally fine for me as I personally prefer living on the earth that was created for us. I do know that whichever path we are called to receive be it heaven or earth, that it will be estatic as Jehovah has promised He will open His hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. What a glorious time that will be for sure, no doubt we both pray for that day to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity