Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 05:57 AM

4,654 posts, read 1,203,444 times

Advertisements

The World God so Loved in Jn 3:16 2

Again, the World in Jn 3:16 that God so Loved, is The Church of God Avts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Its the same Church as written of here Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ [Who is also God] also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Now understand something here, how that the world in Jn 3:16 and the Church in Eph 5:25 are the same. First of all, the word world in Jn 3:16 has many meanings, its the greek word kosmos and means:

an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government
ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3
the world, the universe
the circle of the earth, the earth
the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family
the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ
world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort
the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)

Now notice definition # 8. The world kosmos is any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort !

The word aggregate means:

formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined:

Now lets define the word church in Eph 5:25. Its the greek word ekklēsia and means:

a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating
the assembly of the Israelites
any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
in a Christian sense
an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

You see, a collection of individuals, or a gathering/assembling of individuals to form a whole mass is a world, or a church.

For instance, Christ gathering all of His Sheep together to form one who sheepfold like described here Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd

The word bring here is a synonym for gather, to collect or to round up!

Its also the same as Jn 11 about the children of God, who are also the Sheep Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad. 53

This Gathering together in one the children of God is #1 a Church, #2 a World ! And its the World of of the Church, the Children of God, the Sheep that God so Loved, and that fits the definition of the word kosmos, world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And they did nothing to earn that special love? It is just the caprice of God that He loves some and hates others?? I suppose that somehow seems Godlike to you, does it? Astounding!
Gods love for His special people is unconditional, for they were no better than any other people, being children of wrath as others by nature Eph 2:3-4

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Old 02-25-2022, 07:29 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Gods love for His special people is unconditional, for they were no better than any other people, being children of wrath as others by nature Eph 2:3-4

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
This a an absolute perversion of the gospel, a complete insult of the nature and character of God and the pride to believe it to be all true, stinks to high heaven.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:13 AM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is an absolute perversion of the gospel, a complete insult of the nature and character of God, and the pride to believe it to be all true, stinks to high heaven.
There is no reasoning with such unreasoning credulity in such an evil doctrine, Pcamps.

Old 02-25-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
This a an absolute perversion of the gospel, a complete insult of the nature and character of God and the pride to believe it to be all true, stinks to high heaven.
See the enmity you display to the Gospel!

Old 02-25-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
No, not to the gospel, the erroneous beliefs you have about it. I asked you a while back and you never answered . What is the glad tidings you preach ? Please keep it brief. I don't want to hear 20 odd bible verses, I want you to tell how me how you relate the spirit of the glad tidings to someone whois lost.

Old 02-25-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:
No, not to the gospel, the erroneous beliefs you have about it. I asked you a while back and you never answered . What is the glad tidings you preach ? Please keep it brief. I don't want to hear 20 odd bible verses, I want you to tell how me how you relate the spirit of the glad tidings to someone whois lost.
Yes the Gospel, you are exasperated at it.

Old 02-25-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
There is no enmity to the Gospel, but there is extreme disdain for what you THINK is the Gospel. You are sorely misguided. The "Good tidings of great joy to all people" was not remotely confusing. It was clearly stated, "God is with us" (Immanuel). God brought His Holy Spirit to Humanity as Jesus forever connecting us with God. There is no greater Good News than that! All the Bad News involves how our ignorant primitive ancestors reacted to Him, NOT anything God wanted or demanded.

Old 02-25-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Yes the Gospel, you are exasperated at it.
No, the gospel is good news to all not just you and your elect mates, it is you that is exasperated by this and in rebellion towards the breadth depth height and length of the love of God that passes understanding, especially your narrow minded understanding of the love of God.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
No, the gospel is good news to all not just you and your elect mates, it is you that is exasperated by this and in rebellion towards the breadth depth height and length of the love of God that passes understanding, especially your narrow minded understanding of the love of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity