Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2021, 04:57 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
God is love, but what will determine survival through the great tribulation?
Obedience will determine. We will need to obey and listen to instruction such as found at Isaiah 26:20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God is Love, but its discriminatory, He doesnt love everyone Rom 9:13
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Based upon His Sovereign Will
I find we need to remember that the word 'hate' in Scripture often means to love to a lesser degree.- Hebrews 12:16.
Please see Luke 14:26.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:17 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
God does not Love all men without exception, because all whom He Loved are and will be more than conquerors, overcomer's through Christ..

Rom 8:37

Nay, in all these things we [Elect] are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

The word through is the prep dia which means:

through

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

So, by reason of His Love for us [the elect] we are more than overcomer's..

So for God to have loved all without exception, then all without exception would be more than conquerors. Which certainly cannot be the case.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:21 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That was referring to the parts of their spirit that are evil or wicked, NOT their entire spirit. That is referred to as refinement in the consuming fire of God's love. Do you think you are all one or the other, MissKate? Do you know anyone you believe is ALL evil or wicked?
What kind of love is that to reject someone ? Have you ever felt rejected before, thats not love. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In essence Jesus is telling them I have never loved you.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,177 times
Quote:
What kind of love is that to reject someone ? Have you ever felt rejected before, thats not love. Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

In essence Jesus is telling them I have never loved you.
Jesus is speaking of the flesh that works the iniquity. Go back and read the Greek text:

καὶ τότε ὁμολογήσω αὐτοῖς ὅτι Οὐδέποτε ἔγνων ὑμᾶς· ἀποχωρεῖτε ἀπ’ ἐμοῦ οἱ ἐργαζόμενοι τὴν ἀνομίαν.

It's not "ye" (as translated in the KJV), but rather "that" which works the iniquity. The Greek definite article "οἱ" is referencing the flesh that works the iniquity. The flesh, the carnal nature of the soul is what works iniquity. Not the soul, per se. The definite article referencing the antecedent is clearly defined in Mat. 7:15-20 as two trees that yield fruit.

The soul of man has two kingdoms within, or rather two trees within that produce fruit. Those two trees are: spirit of man (the breath of God) and flesh (the carnal nature of man derived from the earth) Gen 2:7. That is what Jesus is speaking of. That is what the definite article in the Greek is referencing.

If you'll also notice, Jesus said: depart from me. It's that nature or tree of the soul, in Christ, that is being told to depart. It is that part of the soul that works the iniquity. Not the whole soul, per se. But rather "that" tree or nature of man that works the iniquity. That part of man's soul that is not in unity with Christ. What you're doing is throwing the baby out with the dirty bath water. And that is not what Jesus is doing. Jesus is getting rid of the soil from the earth (the flesh, the old man, the carnal nature) without casting out the soul itself.

Last edited by jjGuru; 11-07-2021 at 03:43 PM..

Old 11-07-2021, 04:10 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Jesus is speaking of the flesh that works the iniquity. Go back and read the Greek text:

καὶ τότε ὁμολογήσω αὐτοῖς ὅτι Οὐδέποτε ἔγνων ὑμᾶς· ἀποχωρεῖτε ἀπ’ ἐμοῦ οἱ ἐργαζόμενοι τὴν ἀνομίαν.

It's not "ye" (as translated in the KJV), but rather "that" which works the iniquity. The Greek definite article "οἱ" is referencing the flesh that works the iniquity. The flesh, the carnal nature of the soul is what works iniquity. Not the soul, per se. The definite article referencing the antecedent is clearly defined in Mat. 7:15-20 as two trees that yield fruit.

The soul of man has two kingdoms within, or rather two trees within that produce fruit. Those two trees are: spirit of man (the breath of God) and flesh (the carnal nature of man derived from the earth) Gen 2:7. That is what Jesus is speaking of. That is what the definite article in the Greek is referencing.

If you'll also notice, Jesus said: depart from me. It's that nature or tree of the soul, in Christ, that is being told to depart. It is that part of the soul that works the iniquity. Not the whole soul, per se. But rather "that" tree or nature of man that works the iniquity. That part of man's soul that is not in unity with Christ. What you're doing is throwing the baby out with the dirty bath water. And that is not what Jesus is doing. Jesus is getting rid of the soil from the earth (the flesh, the old man, the carnal nature) without casting out the soul itself.

Old 11-07-2021, 04:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me.
For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Old 11-07-2021, 04:52 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me.
For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Old 11-07-2021, 05:02 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,177 times
Quote:
So, by reason of His Love for us [the elect] we are more than overcomer's..

So for God to have loved all without exception, then all without exception would be more than conquerors. Which certainly cannot be the case.
Not "would be", but rather "will be" conquerors, which is the end goal of every souls purpose and existence in creation. That God may be the all in all. And that "certainly will be the case".

1Co 15:25 for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet—
1Co 15:26 the last enemy is done away—death;
1Co 15:27 for all things He did put under his feet, and, when one may say that all things have been subjected, it is evident that He is excepted who did subject the all things to him,
1Co 15:28 and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Not "would be", but rather "will be" conquerors, which is the end goal of every souls purpose and existence in creation. That God may be the all in all. And that "certainly will be the case".
1Co 15:25 for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet—
1Co 15:26 the last enemy is done away—death;
1Co 15:27 for all things He did put under his feet, and, when one may say that all things have been subjected, it is evident that He is excepted who did subject the all things to him,
1Co 15:28 and when the all things may be subjected to him, then the Son also himself shall be subject to Him, who did subject to him the all things, that God may be the all in all.
'All in all' by the end of the thousand years, until that time, a person can fall away - 1st Corinthians 10:12
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35, who remains is found at Proverbs 2:21-22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity