Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 03:07 PM

1,091 posts, read 279,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Dont say I didnt take time to explain truth to you.
I've posted scripture upon scripture, text after text, and you've returned empty handed each time. You're simply not able to understand spiritual things.

1Co 2:14 and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them , because spiritually they are discerned;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 03:40 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
This answer is simple........those who are truly saved and in the body of christ will never go thru the trib.......they will be watching from heaven.
As the ancient Israelites were Not in heaven but in their homes during the 10th plague in Egypt.
Isaiah 26:20 does Not put the great crowd of Rev. 7:14,9 in heaven.

At the coming judgement time of separation to take place on Earth at Jesus' Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - the figurative humble 'sheep' remain alive on Earth and will be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Save your concern for when you are before God and Jesus explaining why you blasphemed their character with the bigoted serpent seed doctrine.
I think the poster is just getting started. I haven't read all his posts, so I'm not sure if he's fully developed or pontificated the supralapsarian position, as yet, wherein God decrees, predestines, and creates those He hates for the sole purpose of damnation, destruction, misery and torment. And He does so for an eternity and for His own glory.

Let's give the poster more time. He may feel inclined to venture out and open up on this topic.

To put the supralapsarian doctrine, however, into perspective: Think of the Jordanian pilot who was captured by ISIS and set on fire alive within a locked cage. There are numerous videos available on the internet, unedited, showing the event and no reason to discuss the details here. Within the supralapsarian doctrine, the pilot was created, captured and caged for the very purpose of being set on fire.

In our supralapsarian (imaginary) video, the fire doesn't go out, nor does the Jordanian pilot succumb to the flames but is left to endure the fire and be burned alive for all eternity. On an eternal video loop as it were. Without any signs of mercy, hope or relief, ever. And, the Jordanian pilot was actually created for this very purpose.

It's an incredibly sick and perverse teaching. The worst part, if there is one, is that they attribute their teachings to God and Christ.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:09 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Dont say I didnt take time to explain truth to you.
Lol.

Old 11-23-2021, 06:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I think the poster is just getting started. I haven't read all his posts, so I'm not sure if he's fully developed or pontificated the supralapsarian position, as yet, wherein God decrees, predestines, and creates those He hates for the sole purpose of damnation, destruction, misery and torment. And He does so for an eternity and for His own glory.

Let's give the poster more time. He may feel inclined to venture out and open up on this topic.

To put the supralapsarian doctrine, however, into perspective: Think of the Jordanian pilot who was captured by ISIS and set on fire alive within a locked cage. There are numerous videos available on the internet, unedited, showing the event and no reason to discuss the details here. Within the supralapsarian doctrine, the pilot was created, captured and caged for the very purpose of being set on fire.

In our supralapsarian (imaginary) video, the fire doesn't go out, nor does the Jordanian pilot succumb to the flames but is left to endure the fire and be burned alive for all eternity. On an eternal video loop as it were. Without any signs of mercy, hope or relief, ever. And, the Jordanian pilot was actually created for this very purpose.

It's an incredibly sick and perverse teaching. The worst part, if there is one, is that they attribute their teachings to God and Christ.
The evil that humans can be persuaded God created and then believe it is good just boggles the mind, JJ.

Old 11-24-2021, 07:53 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
We know that Christ did not Love all men without exception because scripture teaches that those He did Loved that He washed them with His blood and made them a king and priest unto God. Rev 1:5-7

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

So these Three go together, Christ Loved, washed and made ! These three actions of Christ are not dependent upon the freewill of men, but attributed only to Him doing His Father's will and to Him alone belongs Glory and Dominion forever and ever !

Now unless we believe that Christ has washed all men without exception from their sins, and made all men without exception Kings and Priest unto God His Father, then there is no biblical warrant to believe nor teach that Christ, Loved all men without exception !

Old 11-24-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
We know that Christ did not Love all men without exception because scripture teaches that those He did Loved that He washed them with His blood and made them a king and priest unto God. Rev 1:5-7

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

So these Three go together, Christ Loved, washed and made ! These three actions of Christ are not dependent upon the freewill of men, but attributed only to Him doing His Father's will and to Him alone belongs Glory and Dominion forever and ever !

Now unless we believe that Christ has washed all men without exception from their sins, and made all men without exception Kings and Priest unto God His Father, then there is no biblical warrant to believe nor teach that Christ, Loved all men without exception !
You need to look at what is being said in context. The "us" are with reference to "the seven churches which are in Asia" (Rev 1:4). And, there is nothing within that context to limit God's love only to those seven churches.

Scripture unequivocally states that God loves the "world" in general (Joh 3:16), loves "mankind" in particular (Tit 3:4) and "all men" (Gk: "πᾶσιν ἀνθρώποις" ie: to all human beings) specifically (Tit 2:11).

Old 11-25-2021, 06:09 AM

344 posts, read 145,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Or, perhaps it is speaking of the soul:

Jacob = Spirit, the breath of God
Esau = Flesh, the fleshly carnal nature from the earth

Jacob = Sheep
Esau = Goat
I call you out on this. This does not exist in scripture. In another post you said you were to lazy to look it up. Your not to lazy your just making things up. It does not exist anywhere in the 66 books of scripture.

Old 11-25-2021, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
I call you out on this. This does not exist in scripture. In another post you said you were to lazy to look it up. Your not to lazy your just making things up. It does not exist anywhere in the 66 books of scripture.
I appreciate you calling me out. I was drawing a comparison between Jacob and Esau and I used an analogy, or metaphor to what the two might represent with regards to the soul. And no, you won't find a direct quote in scripture to validate what I said. And yes, I am often lazy.

However, I have liberty in Christ to say what I think. And, you have liberty to disagree with it.

Old 11-25-2021, 06:48 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
More on Jn 3:16

Many have tried to use this verse to teach the lie that God loved all of mankind, but that is not even what the verse states. Salvation and the Love of God were not privileged secluded to the ethnic jews. Through Christ, the middle wall of partition is broken down Eph 2:11-16

by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Gal 3:28-29

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Col 3:11

11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

There simply is no national, or political distinctions in the New Covenant, which is in Christ Blood 1 Cor 11:25

25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity