Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2021, 11:42 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
Your response is a case in point. It's not "condemnation", as translated by the KJV, but rather "judgment". The Gk. term being used is "κριμαv". It's a judicial term, and such judgments will be "greater" in the sense of divine scrutiny. Those being judged will undergo a thorough and rigorous cross examination by the One who knows all things, and then receive divine chastisement and correction accordingly.

And, if you'll notice, it's being directed at the "brethren" and "we", even James is included here.

So, it's not with reference to an eternal condemnation, or even condemnation in general (your own doctrines even object to the "elect" being "condemned"), but rather "judgment" that carries with it correction and chastisement that will be applied during the sentencing phase. Christ has already been "condemned" on behalf of all, including those to whom James is addressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 04:47 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't believe anyone is promised life through the tribulation, are they?

Yes-the great multitude have been given these promises.- Proverbs 2:21-22--Matthew 24:22. They will stand before the throne ( Gods kingdom rule) on earth.
Only the little flock ( Luke 12:32)- have the promise of heaven=144,000 bought from the earth-Rev 14:3

Old 11-28-2021, 03:24 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Now John 17:9

Lets look at the word world [kosmos] in John 17:9

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The world here surely does not mean the same as it does in Jn 3:16, why would Christ deny it to be the object of His Intercession and Prayer ?

The world here are all those among mankind that do not belong to God, yes He is still their Creator, but He is not their Covenant God, they belong to the wicked one, the Devil, and they were never given to Christ in Election as His Sheep. The world in Jn 3:16 is the World that God gave to the Son as in those He prays for in Jn 17:9 " those thou hast given me"

So, those God the Father has given the Son which the Son does Pray for is a World Jn 3:16 and those whom the Father hath not given the Son which the Son does not Pray for as in Jn 17:9 is a world.

Old 11-28-2021, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Your response is a case in point. It's not "condemnation", as translated by the KJV, but rather "judgment". The Gk. term being used is "κριμαv". It's a judicial term, and such judgments will be "greater" in the sense of divine scrutiny. Those being judged will undergo a thorough and rigorous cross examination by the One who knows all things, and then receive divine chastisement and correction accordingly.

And, if you'll notice, it's being directed at the "brethren" and "we", even James is included here.

So, it's not with reference to an eternal condemnation, or even condemnation in general (your own doctrines even object to the "elect" being "condemned"), but rather "judgment" that carries with it correction and chastisement that will be applied during the sentencing phase. Christ has already been "condemned" on behalf of all, including those to whom James is addressing.
There is no condemnation to the brethren in Christ. So this condemnation is speaking of false teachers. Those in Christ will not be condemned, God chastens them instead 1 Cor 11:32
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Theres a difference between Gods dealing with the condemned world outside of Christ, and Gods children in Christ.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:15 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
There is no condemnation to the brethren in Christ. So this condemnation is speaking of false teachers. Those in Christ will not be condemned, God chastens them instead 1 Cor 11:32
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Theres a difference between Gods dealing with the condemned world outside of Christ, and Gods children in Christ.
First and foremost: All created things are in Christ. There is nothing created that is "outside" of Christ. And, all things created are for Him.

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Concerning created souls: All live, move and have their being in Him:

Act 17:28 for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Secondly, you need to use correct terms. In James 3:1, it's speaking of Judgment, not condemnation. The term is being directed at the brethren and we, including James.

Thirdly, judgment begins with "us" at the house of God:

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The term judgment (Gk. κρίμα) in 1Pe 4:17, is the same Gk term used in James 3:1, wherein the KJV translated it as "condemnation".

Lastly, Regarding 1 Cor 11:32: The pronounced judgment (Gk. κατακριθωμεν) against the world is being spoken against the "flesh". The "flesh" being the "world" that Paul is referencing. Paul's not speaking of judgment against the "spirit" of man (ie: the breath of God, the candle of the Lord), but rather the "flesh". It's the flesh with it's affections and lusts that judgment is pronounced against.

The reason that believers in Christ (that is: Christ in them), are not being judged with the "world", is that they have crucified (Gk. εσταυρωσαν, Aorist tense, indicative mood) the "flesh" already.

Gal_5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

However, for the unbelieving "world", the "flesh" (the "old man", the "body of sin") has yet to be crucified and destroyed, and consequently the "flesh" will be judged accordingly and destroyed to the saving of the soul.

Do you understand any of this?

Last edited by jjGuru; 11-28-2021 at 06:17 AM..

Old 11-28-2021, 05:39 AM

1,091 posts, read 279,369 times
Quote:
Now John 17:9

Lets look at the word world [kosmos] in John 17:9

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

The world here surely does not mean the same as it does in Jn 3:16, why would Christ deny it to be the object of His Intercession and Prayer ?

The world here are all those among mankind that do not belong to God, yes He is still their Creator, but He is not their Covenant God, they belong to the wicked one, the Devil, and they were never given to Christ in Election as His Sheep. The world in Jn 3:16 is the World that God gave to the Son as in those He prays for in Jn 17:9 " those thou hast given me"

So, those God the Father has given the Son which the Son does Pray for is a World Jn 3:16 and those whom the Father hath not given the Son which the Son does not Pray for as in Jn 17:9 is a world.
It's obvious that you're really struggling with terms such as "world", "mankind", "flesh" and "spirit", "judgment", "condemnation", "election", "seed", what is what, what the various terms mean, how they're used in scripture, how they relate to each other, etc. You've been completely indoctrinated in Church dogma of the last 1500 years.

You should start over and return to Genesis 1:1.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
First and foremost: All created things are in Christ. There is nothing created that is "outside" of Christ. And, all things created are for Him.

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Act 17:28 for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Secondly, you need to use correct terms. In James 3:1, it's speaking of Judgment, not condemnation. The term is being directed at the brethren and we, including James.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The term judgment (Gk. κρίμα) in 1Pe 4:17, is the same Gk term used in James 3:1, wherein the KJV translated it as "condemnation".

Lastly, Regarding 1 Cor 11:32: The pronounced judgment (Gk. κατακριθωμεν) against the world is being spoken against the "flesh". The "flesh" being the "world" that Paul is referencing. Paul's not speaking of judgment against the "spirit" of man (ie: the breath of God, the candle of the Lord), but rather the "flesh". It's the flesh with it's affections and lusts that judgment is pronounced against.

The reason that believers in Christ (that is: Christ in them), are not being judged with the "world", is that they have crucified (Gk. εσταυρωσαν, Aorist tense, indicative mood) the "flesh" already.

Gal_5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

However, for the unbelieving "world", the "flesh" (the "old man", the "body of sin") has yet to be crucified and destroyed, and consequently the "flesh" will be judged accordingly and destroyed to the saving of the soul.

Short answer: I doubt it!

Old 11-28-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:

The devil and his seed are condemned and outside of Christ. All who are condemned are outside of Christ.

Old 11-28-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
It's obvious that you're really struggling with terms such as "world", "mankind", "flesh" and "spirit", "judgment", "condemnation", "election", "seed", what is what, what the various terms mean, how they're used in scripture, how they relate to each other, etc. You've been completely indoctrinated in Church dogma of the last 1500 years.

You should start over and return to Genesis 1:1.
Theres a world of people Christ didnt pray for. Jn 17:9 thats the world of the condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. A world obviously Christ did not Love.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Short answer: I doubt it!
Quote:
The devil and his seed are condemned and outside of Christ. All who are condemned are outside of Christ.
I called it, JJ! QED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity