Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 11:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I should ask, which group are you talking about? Because the bible talks about two kinds of believers who go through the Tribulation. The first kind are usually confused with being some group taken out of the Jewish people. The list of the 144,000 is composed of 12,000 from each of the tribes mentioned. But it's not a very good way of listing the tribes for something like this, unless the list is meant to convey a spiritual meaning.

So, there are the people in that first group. They get sealed. When some of the bad things happen, they aren't harmed.

Even with this group, though, there might not be a survival strategy or other. The thing they might very well be about doing is to not be ignorant, the seal being upon the forehead. Because they are not ignorant, they do not participate in the things that the vast majority of ignorant people will do, in response to the trials of the times.

An example, and this is an example, I'm not asking to be banned again, would be something like if the conspiracy theorists came up with an alternative to vaccinations that was so bad that it made you sick. But you had the certainty of all of your fellow conspiracy theorists telling you that it was the thing to do, all the way to the end...

Not that you are a conspiracy theorist. That's just me using speech that way to help me make my point.

That example is a gross example, it speaks to an obvious thing. There is a piling on, though, that is as bad as falling in with conspiracy theorists and damaging yourself. That is piling on the weak or infirmed, so that we can feel better about our assessment of what and who should belong in our community.

That's not the answer you were looking for. Maybe that's in the letters to the Churches?

The other group of believers are introduced in the fifth seal. They are the martyrs, so I'm guessing they aren't going to provide many answers either.
144000 are those who able to learn "new song".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 11:41 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
I should ask, which group are you talking about? Because the bible talks about two kinds of believers who go through the Tribulation. The first kind are usually confused with being some group taken out of the Jewish people..............................
First of all, I find since Pentecost the Bible speaks of 'Spiritual Jews ' - Romans 2:28-29
So, since Pentecost the Israel of God is Now the Christian congregation.
Not on Earth, but Jerusalem 'above' is Now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
A 'spiritual nation' without borders or boundaries and Not located on any map - 1st Peter 2:9,5

I do Not find two kinds of believers going through the Great Tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9, but just that 'great crowd' of people who are the figurative other 'sheep' of Matthew 25:37 who are alive on Earth at Jesus' Glory Time at Matthew 25:31-33.
Those 'sheep' in some way will do what Isaiah said at Isaiah 26:20 in order to go through the great tribulation.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:59 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
I should ask, which group are you talking about? Because the bible talks about two kinds of believers who go through the Tribulation. The first kind are usually confused with being some group taken out of the Jewish people. The list of the 144,000 is composed of 12,000 from each of the tribes mentioned. But it's not a very good way of listing the tribes for something like this, unless the list is meant to convey a spiritual meaning.

So, there are the people in that first group. They get sealed. When some of the bad things happen, they aren't harmed.

Even with this group, though, there might not be a survival strategy or other. The thing they might very well be about doing is to not be ignorant, the seal being upon the forehead. Because they are not ignorant, they do not participate in the things that the vast majority of ignorant people will do, in response to the trials of the times.

An example, and this is an example, I'm not asking to be banned again, would be something like if the conspiracy theorists came up with an alternative to vaccinations that was so bad that it made you sick. But you had the certainty of all of your fellow conspiracy theorists telling you that it was the thing to do, all the way to the end...

Not that you are a conspiracy theorist. That's just me using speech that way to help me make my point.

That example is a gross example, it speaks to an obvious thing. There is a piling on, though, that is as bad as falling in with conspiracy theorists and damaging yourself. That is piling on the weak or infirmed, so that we can feel better about our assessment of what and who should belong in our community.

That's not the answer you were looking for. Maybe that's in the letters to the Churches?

The other group of believers are introduced in the fifth seal. They are the martyrs, so I'm guessing they aren't going to provide many answers either.

Very insightful of you Prophet, there are in fact 2 groups of Christians, those of the 144k and those of the other sheep, the remainder of the 144k will not survive through the coming tribulation however, when that ends they will meet the Lord in the air upon his return, I was referring to those who come out of the great tribulation here on earth.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It sure sounds like you are looking to survive, if you are subjected to a future death for non-obedience?

That could happen sir, that is why I personally examine myself to make sure that I am doing my utmost to actually meet the qualifications of overseer listed at 1 Timothy chap 3. If you are aware of an area where I fall short, please feel free to comment on it. We cannot always judge ourselves unbiasedly.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
144000 are those who able to learn "new song".
You got it G, only those anointed ones are the chosen, referred to as being in Christ.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:41 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't believe anyone is promised life through the tribulation, are they?
Every true believer in the "body of Christ" will be rejoicing in heaven during the Trib. Every person who doesn't take the mark or worship the beast will be in heaven as soon as they are martyred. All the true believers and Jesus will be waiting for their arrival. The tribulation is punishment for Israel and has nothing to do with the Gentile church. You don't want to go thru the Trib..........in the first 3 1/2 years 25% of the world population will be killed, it will be horrific beyond words. People who think the trib already started are to be pittied and have no understanding.

Old 10-24-2021, 12:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Every true believer in the "body of Christ" will be rejoicing in heaven during the Trib. Every person who doesn't take the mark or worship the beast will be in heaven as soon as they are martyred. All the true believers and Jesus will be waiting for their arrival. The tribulation is punishment for Israel and has nothing to do with the Gentile church. You don't want to go thru the Trib..........in the first 3 1/2 years 25% of the world population will be killed, it will be horrific beyond words. People who think the trib already started are to be pittied and have no understanding.
For heavens sake, there is no rapture, although we are carried to a higher-place of understanding, even while we yet live.

Old 10-24-2021, 03:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
It sure sounds like you are looking to survive, if you are subjected to a future death for non-obedience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
That could happen sir, that is why I personally examine myself to make sure that I am doing my utmost to actually meet the qualifications of overseer listed at 1 Timothy chap 3. If you are aware of an area where I fall short, please feel free to comment on it. We cannot always judge ourselves unbiasedly.
In other words, you believe you can physically die twice (i.e., a second time) - if you are not obedient or a good manager (overseer) of yourself and others, somewhat like being or having a family of slaves that are above reproach? I am not going to judge you directly, per se. However, I do disagree with various doctrines as taught by the Jehovah witnesses; and other extreme fundamentalists.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
In other words, you believe you can physically die twice (i.e., a second time) - if you are not obedient or a good manager (overseer) of yourself and others, somewhat like being or having a family of slaves that are above reproach? I am not going to judge you directly, per se. However, I do disagree with various doctrines as taught by the Jehovah witnesses; and other extreme fundamentalists.

There were 9 recorded people in the Bible who have died twice sir. How many people who have died and resuscitated in modern times? I would imagine several a day, but of course that is not what we are talking about is it. Those of the Bible who receive the judgment of the lake of fire, are in fact the ones who received the second death.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:28 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
Whether during the Great Tribulation or before, Jesus gave one criteria in John 11:25-26. I believe the reapture of believers will precede the Great Tribulation --- but, also that many new believers will come to Christ and be martyred during the Great Tribulation (Rev. 7:14). The work of the sealed 144K in Revelation is the evangelism of the lost who were left behind.

John 11:25-26 "…Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity