Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 12:25 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No that didnt happen. The bible is truth. They above all had holy spirit to write down what God wanted. They were righteous men. Do you believe in Jesus? Do you believe in Noahs flood?
Jesus is Truth, Life, and the Way, NOT the Bible, period!!! Your teachers will pay a heavy price for what they have down to you and your brothers and sisters. They do not know Jesus and therefore they do not know God. It is very sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 12:53 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is Truth, Life, and the Way, NOT the Bible, period!!! Your teachers will pay a heavy price for what they have down to you and your brothers and sisters. They do not know Jesus and therefore they do not know God. It is very sad!
They have lost their way in my opinion and the focus is more on what they are doing rather than what God has been and continues to do through them

The Jehovah Witness organisation had a specific thing to bring to “remembrance”, the same as the 7th Day Adventists, the Baptist’s, the Methodists, the Latter Day Saints, the Presbyterians, the Pentecostals

all of them have a very different part/administration/duty

I think the main problem is mixing the personal and public together - we are individuals who have a public duty but there is a tendency to confuse and mix them up and misunderstand the original plan and that was foretold right from the beginning

Old 12-26-2021, 04:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:

Wow. unbelievable. The teachings of Jesus are in the bible. every translation on earth. I have studied both sides and studied Jesus. There is 0doubt. My teachers listen to him.
You still didnt answer the other ?-- do you believe in the flood. You answered yes i suppose about believing in Jesus.

Old 12-26-2021, 04:58 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Jesus is Truth, Life, and the Way, NOT the Bible, period!!! Your teachers will pay a heavy price for what they have down to you and your brothers and sisters..................
The last time I looked around the teachings of Jesus being religious Truth, Life and the Way is only found in the Bible.
Unlike the world, Jehovah's Witnesses do Not have a central person that draws big crowds to listen to him or her and buy that person's books.etc. Rather, ALL are brothers, No paid clergy, No passing of the plate, so to speak. - www.jw.org

Old 12-27-2021, 04:57 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Perception of Eternal Love !

The Love that God has for His Own People is a Love perceived by them to be from Everlasting, David's perception of a Love that God had in His People from Old, or Everlasting Ps 25:6

Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

David like all True Saints, know of God's Eternal Love for them in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39, and that His Mercies for their Salvation is from Everlasting to Everlasting Ps 103:17

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

This is the only Love God has, and it is not for those whom He did not choose in Christ before the world began Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:49 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
See your attitude towards the real True God !

Yes I do! You can see our devotion to Jehovah very clearly! Anyone who knows us sees it in us. If others cannot observe our attitude toward our God, then there is a problem.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Judas was hand picked by Jesus who knew everything from the beginning showing your error in thinking.

The key is in your sentence sis. Jesus actually did know Judas would betray him, so he did not force him to betray him, rather he realized that he was going to. If God or any being manipulates an individual into sin, the fault would lie in the manipulator, not the manipulated. My thinking is not in error, likely your understanding of what I said is. You should be well aware of this as one of Jehovah's witnesses.

Old 12-27-2021, 06:00 AM

Quote:

We believe the Bible is God's word sir. The Bible does not teach differently than Jesus in our opinion. It is God's written law and the only God inspired book on the planet. Obedience to it's teachings in no way makes one stand in opposition to Jesus. It is strange that you would insinuate that. But I will say this, I have heard many over my life that insinuate it. Why? I have noticed that all of them think that their inward feeling was from holy spirit, and believe they are doing God's will no matter what they do. We are instructed that the Bible is the final authority. I might add that those words you quoted are actually found in the Bible sir, at John 14:6

Old 12-27-2021, 09:14 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
We believe the Bible is God's word sir. The Bible does not teach differently than Jesus in our opinion. It is God's written law and the only God inspired book on the planet. Obedience to it's teachings in no way makes one stand in opposition to Jesus. It is strange that you would insinuate that. But I will say this, I have heard many over my life that insinuate it. Why? I have noticed that all of them think that their inward feeling was from holy spirit, and believe they are doing God's will no matter what they do. We are instructed that the Bible is the final authority. I might add that those words you quoted are actually found in the Bible sir, at John 14:6
The Bible is NOT the final authority. Jesus IS! The Bible is NOT God's word. It is the finger that points TO JESUS who IS God's Word. We are supposed to understand the "Mind of Christ" so that we will know the "Mind of God." Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness by His reaction to the horrendous scourging and crucifixion by our savage and brutal ancestors. I am utterly dumbfounded that anyone could think that was demanded by God or that it would please or appease Him!!!

Old 12-27-2021, 03:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The key is in your sentence sis. Jesus actually did know Judas would betray him, so he did not force him to betray him, rather he realized that he was going to. If God or any being manipulates an individual into sin, the fault would lie in the manipulator, not the manipulated. My thinking is not in error, likely your understanding of what I said is. You should be well aware of this as one of Jehovah's witnesses.
i am not a sis. Jesus knew one would betray him, he didnt know until right before it occurred. If you are disfellowshipped please do not respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity