Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 11:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Those of the Bible who receive the judgment of the lake of fire, are in fact the ones who received the second death.
Why would your god have to raise you from the ashes of death to merely destroy you again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 11:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Whether during the Great Tribulation or before, Jesus gave one criteria in John 11:25-26. I believe the reapture of believers will precede the Great Tribulation --- but, also that many new believers will come to Christ and be martyred during the Great Tribulation (Rev. 7:14). The work of the sealed 144K in Revelation is the evangelism of the lost who were left behind.

John 11:25-26 "…Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die."
Is not your hope predicated on a resurrection? There is no rapture, although we are carried to a higher-place of understanding, even while we yet live. And the left behind series is utter foolishness. You will face your own immortality, whether you like it, or not!

Old 10-25-2021, 11:35 AM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why would your god have to raise you from the ashes of death to merely destroy you again?
You expect logic and reason from those who possess unreasoning credulity in primitive fables and misunderstandings.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:37 PM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Smiting practice. A god needs to stay sharp.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:53 PM

63,842 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Ha, Ha!

Old 10-25-2021, 01:15 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ha, Ha!
Lol, that is funny!

Old 10-26-2021, 05:38 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
First of all, I find since Pentecost the Bible speaks of 'Spiritual Jews ' - Romans 2:28-29
So, since Pentecost the Israel of God is Now the Christian congregation.
Not on Earth, but Jerusalem 'above' is Now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
A 'spiritual nation' without borders or boundaries and Not located on any map - 1st Peter 2:9,5

I do Not find two kinds of believers going through the Great Tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9, but just that 'great crowd' of people who are the figurative other 'sheep' of Matthew 25:37 who are alive on Earth at Jesus' Glory Time at Matthew 25:31-33.
Those 'sheep' in some way will do what Isaiah said at Isaiah 26:20 in order to go through the great tribulation.
There does come a time, after the establishment of the Beast's kingdom, that all who die in Christ from that point on are blessed.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:32 PM

299 posts, read 104,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
There does come a time, after the establishment of the Beast's kingdom, that all who die in Christ from that point on are blessed.

Not that I have a stake in whose misguided reading of The Apocalypse is best . . . but I think your argument proves too much. Everyone who dies in Christ is blessed.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
Yup

Timing is over specific periods and what I am coming to see is there is only 1 period of 1000 years and that period is looked at from various perspectives in Scripture

Martin Luther depicts the pope as representing Daniel in the lions den and I see a definite period of 1000 years, where the RCC binds the priests (men) from around 500ad and in the 1500’s the priests (men) are loosed/freed in the Protestant reformation/Revolution

But in Galatians there is a reference to not being bound or yoked again once freedom has been achieved

Gal 1:1**Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;
Gal 1:2**And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
Gal 1:3**Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Gal 1:4**Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5**To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Christ Has Set Us Free
Gal 5:1**Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2**Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

What I “see” is timing, layering and offsetting and the denominational structures have been raised up at particular times by design and are labelled for their own part and administration

1Co 12:2**Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
1Co 12:3**Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4**Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5**And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6**And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7**But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-26-2021 at 03:32 PM..

Old 10-26-2021, 03:19 PM

In Daniel there is reference to an attempt to change the appointed times

H2166***(Strong)
זְמָן
zemân
zem-awn'
(Chaldee); from H2165; the same as H2165: - season, time.

H1882***(Strong)
דָּת
dâth
dawth
(Chaldee); corresponding to H1881; decree, law.

Dan 7:25**And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26**But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
Dan 7:27**And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Mat 5:17**Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18**For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 10-26-2021 at 03:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity