Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 04:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times

Advertisements

God is love, but what will determine survival through the great tribulation?

Hanging onto that Love...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2021, 05:05 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Exactly sir! That is a very good question. Perhaps it would be unfair to not offer all a second chance. Remember this, those who die that second death, choose it over obedience to God.
This never made sense to me as a kid. Now I see it's to give the appearance of fairness because the resurrection is a strong reason to believe and has no logical reason to be true. Resurrect everyone to the 1000 years of life in the restored earth and at the end give them the chance to survive or die the second death? Jehovah knows who is who according to all of this.

How is this fair in comparison? Kill a little girl and her dog in the second death because her parents didn't start a Bible study with the Witnesses.

Old 10-31-2021, 06:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Evidently, you have no awareness of the Lake (haven) of fire.
Its purpose is to cleanse and purify, saving the man himself.
Quote:
The lake of fire mentioned in the Bible is defined in both of it's occurrences sir, it is symbolic of destruction, not purification.
Perhaps, you will explain why the lake is referred to that of a haven; a safe harbor or refuge in the Greek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Refining out the dross IS destruction but it leaves the soul intact "saved as by fire" by what Jesus did.
This takes a back seat to his false teachings or theologies of utter destruction and annihilation.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:02 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
God is love, but what will determine survival through the great tribulation?

Hanging onto that Love...

Since man is made in God's image maam, every individual has those qualities, however the Bible does point out that love is essential to survival, but it also points out that many will not make it. While love is extremely important, more is required. Jesus gave the key at Mat 7:21

Old 11-01-2021, 05:20 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This never made sense to me as a kid. Now I see it's to give the appearance of fairness because the resurrection is a strong reason to believe and has no logical reason to be true. Resurrect everyone to the 1000 years of life in the restored earth and at the end give them the chance to survive or die the second death? Jehovah knows who is who according to all of this.

How is this fair in comparison? Kill a little girl and her dog in the second death because her parents didn't start a Bible study with the Witnesses.

Likely one reason you apostatized is that you heard the word without understanding maam. We can see from this system that righteous can not reside with unrighteous people. If you do not understand it by now, you should be able to when the unrighteous brings us to the point of extinction and Jehovah sends His forces Mat 24:22

You should realize why Adam and Eve lost their lives. You said some truth in your first paragraph. Although everyone will not be resurrected, the vast majority of mankind will. The Bible teaches that hell will be emptied Rev 20:13, but take note, Gehenna will not! Jesus stated very clearly that those who sin against the holy spirit will not be forgiven for their sins. The only way to get that judgment is to know Jehovah fully and deliberately work against His purposes.

Jehovah has instructed His people from the start, especially after the exodus from Egypt and we agreed to do all that He commanded, and became His covenanted nation. The millennium will be no different, and yes the lake of fire comes into play like you said, at the end of the millennium. Your silly statement you closed with was extremely inaccurate as you are well aware of, as every single person who is sent to the lake of fire will be a well educated mature perfect human being, the same as Adam and Jesus were. Any who are cast into the lake of fire have chosen to rebel against Jehovah, not a little girl and her dog as you proposed.

Slanderous lies against Jehovah and the way He conducts things from someone who truly knows Him is of course exactly what sinning against the holy spirit means. I hope that this is not the case here maam.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Faith in Christ is what is always required. Anything else is idolatry.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:17 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Likely one reason you apostatized is that you heard the word without understanding maam. We can see from this system that righteous can not reside with unrighteous people. If you do not understand it by now, you should be able to when the unrighteous brings us to the point of extinction and Jehovah sends His forces Mat 24:22

You should realize why Adam and Eve lost their lives. You said some truth in your first paragraph. Although everyone will not be resurrected, the vast majority of mankind will. The Bible teaches that hell will be emptied Rev 20:13, but take note, Gehenna will not! Jesus stated very clearly that those who sin against the holy spirit will not be forgiven for their sins. The only way to get that judgment is to know Jehovah fully and deliberately work against His purposes.

Jehovah has instructed His people from the start, especially after the exodus from Egypt and we agreed to do all that He commanded, and became His covenanted nation. The millennium will be no different, and yes the lake of fire comes into play like you said, at the end of the millennium. Your silly statement you closed with was extremely inaccurate as you are well aware of, as every single person who is sent to the lake of fire will be a well educated mature perfect human being, the same as Adam and Jesus were. Any who are cast into the lake of fire have chosen to rebel against Jehovah, not a little girl and her dog as you proposed.

Slanderous lies against Jehovah and the way He conducts things from someone who truly knows Him is of course exactly what sinning against the holy spirit means. I hope that this is not the case here maam.
This entire diatribe is pure primitive ignorant nonsense having no connection with God or Jesus! It is a corrupt Bad News Gospel that is an abomination of Christ's actual Good News Gospel.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:40 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:

I don't understand what you are saying I got wrong according to the Watchtower. EVERYONE murdered at Armageddon will die the second death correct? Children will be among those unless their parents are witnesses in good standing. That picture is from a Watchtower publication's depiction of Armageddon. Do you not see the little girl, her doll, and her dog being swallowed up by the earth?

I'm not a believer but if I was I would say the Watchtower slanders the name of God. If the Bible really were predicting Armadeggon the last place I would want to be is any religious building, especially a Kingdom Hall.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:43 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't understand what you are saying I got wrong according to the Watchtower. EVERYONE murdered at Armageddon will die the second death correct? Children will be among those unless their parents are witnesses in good standing. That picture is from a Watchtower publication's depiction of Armageddon. Do you not see the little girl, her doll, and her dog being swallowed up by the earth?

I'm not a believer but if I was I would say the Watchtower slanders the name of God. If the Bible really were predicting Armadeggon the last place I would want to be is any religious building, especially a Kingdom Hall.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:16 PM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
God is Love, but its discriminatory, He doesnt love everyone Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Based upon His Sovereign Will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity