Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 11:14 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Columbus did not think the earth was flat. He just thought it was much smaller than it actually is.

You sure seem hung up on translation errors that do not exist, while ignoring all the ones that do exist.

I showed you the JW,s brought out proof from their archives that the water, blood and spirit are the 3 that bear witness. If others could get in there would find more error proof. And i shared many of the translations in history did not have a capitol G God in the last line at John 1:1-one of those bibles had both Greek and English together proving the error.
I said in Columbus' day the teaching was the earth was flat.
I know C.T. Russell erred about Har-mageddon in 1914, but years before 1914 occurred he stated--peace will be taken from the earth in 1914. He confused the war in heaven for Har-mageddon. But he was the only one on earth who knew rev 6 was 1914.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 03:03 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
LMAO you must be getting worn out moving the goalposts so much.

Eph 1:4 is God's plan for man.

How can the world he SO loved be a world mentioned in John 3:16 be a world in Christ where a a chosen people reside, when Jesus said whosever. It is entirely pointless to say whosever if all who are chosen in was predetermined, in fact him coming at all would be entirely a waste of time, it is control, not influence or persuasion.
Eph 1:4 and John 3:16 pertain to Gods elect, the chosen. They exempt the seed of the serpent, the children of the devil.

Old 02-18-2022, 04:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Eph 1:4 and John 3:16 pertain to Gods elect, the chosen. They exempt the seed of the serpent, the children of the devil.
You must have a very sad life to view all things through a lens of serpent seed and total depravity to justify your belief that you are one of those elected over the total depraved that God according to you does not love.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
You must have a very sad life to view all things through a lens of serpent seed and total depravity to justify your belief that you are one of those elected over the total depraved that God according to you does not love.
I dont know why you think God loves the serpent and his children. In fact God put enmity between the two seeds. That word enmity means hatered !

Old 02-19-2022, 04:29 AM

The World God Loved in Jn 3:16

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This World God so Loved, is the World of the Sons/Children of God 1 Jn 3:1-2

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

God is The Father of this World, and that is why He so Loved it, and not all men have God as a Father, for Jesus told some jews once this Jn 8:41-42

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus knew these men had not God as their Father, but the World of Jn 3:16 does,

For we read of those the Father so loved, that they are the Sons/Children of God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

That word bestowed is the greek word didÅmi and its the very same word gave in Jn 3:16 and God gave/bestowed His Love on this World by giving them Christ, He gives His Life for this World Jn 6:51 and so this is the World of His Sons according to 1 Jn 3:1,

The word Sons in 1 Jn 3:1 is the word teknon and means:

I.offspring, children

iv.children of God: in the OT of "the people of Israel" as especially dear to God, in the NT, in Paul's writings, all who are led by the Spirit of God and thus closely related to God

And all men are not the Children of God, for Paul writes of some jews Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So they could not have been part of that World God So Loved in Jn 3:16, because if they were, then they were the Children of God and Loved by God !

We can only know that we were Children of God, if we are born again and begin to Love God in Christ, because we will love Him because He first Loved us 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us Jn 3:16.

The only way Jn 3:16 can refer to all men without exception, is that all men without exception will Love God because He first Loved them in Christ ! And we know all men will not Love God in Christ because Paul pronounces a curse on them who dont 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Notice, he doesnt say pray for them, but let them be cursed, because he knows they are not Gods Children that God Loved, but children of the devil whom He hates !

Old 02-19-2022, 05:24 AM

Quote:

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This World God so Loved, is the World of the Sons/Children of God 1 Jn 3:1-2

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

God is The Father of this World, and that is why He so Loved it, and not all men have God as a Father, for Jesus told some jews once this Jn 8:41-42

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jesus knew these men had not God as their Father, but the World of Jn 3:16 does,

For we read of those the Father so loved, that they are the Sons/Children of God 1 Jn 3:1

That word bestowed is the greek word didÅmi and its the very same word gave in Jn 3:16 and God gave/bestowed His Love on this World by giving them Christ, He gives His Life for this World Jn 6:51 and so this is the World of His Sons according to 1 Jn 3:1,

The word Sons in 1 Jn 3:1 is the word teknon and means:

I.offspring, children

iv.children of God: in the OT of "the people of Israel" as especially dear to God, in the NT, in Paul's writings, all who are led by the Spirit of God and thus closely related to God

And all men are not the Children of God, for Paul writes of some jews Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

So they could not have been part of that World God So Loved in Jn 3:16, because if they were, then they were the Children of God and Loved by God !

We can only know that we were Children of God, if we are born again and begin to Love God in Christ, because we will love Him because He first Loved us 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us Jn 3:16.

The only way Jn 3:16 can refer to all men without exception, is that all men without exception will Love God because He first Loved them in Christ ! And we know all men will not Love God in Christ because Paul pronounces a curse on them who dont 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Notice, he doesnt say pray for them, but let them be cursed, because he knows they are not Gods Children that God Loved, but children of the devil whom He hates !
We have always been loved of God. The only difference between those that know it and experience it and those that don't, is just that, the unbeliever has not come to know it, to trust and embrace it. The CD forum award for the most narrowed minded person is an award which is going to be difficult to take from you.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:51 AM

Quote:
We have always been loved of God. The only difference between those that know it and experience it and those that don't, is just that, the unbeliever has not come to know it, to trust and embrace it. The CD forum award for the most narrowed minded person is an award which is going to be difficult to take from you.
So did you understand the post ?

Old 02-19-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
So did you understand the post ?
There is nothing to understand by interpreting it through the lens of serpent seed and total depravity that you use. You are a closed shop and can never entertain anything outside of that lens. Remember, I was once an advocate of what you believe, so I know exactly where you are coming from.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to understand by interpreting it through the lens of serpent seed and total depravity that you use. You are a closed shop and can never entertain anything outside of that lens. Remember, I was once an advocate of what you believe, so I know exactly where you are coming from.
That goes to show you, a person can explain his pov from scripture and its ignored.

Old 02-20-2022, 04:00 AM

We know the World of Jn 3:16 is not a World comprised of all individuals without exception, but that its a World consisting of Gods Elect, Elected or Chosen in Christ, because Gods Love is exclusively centered in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And those He So Loved, He graciously gave to them a Election Union in Christ Eph 1:4-5

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

For Gods Love of any People presupposes Election, His Own Choice of them,

And if God did not chose us in Christ, He could not have and did not Love us,

And we know all men are not Chosen in Christ because Christ told some this Jn 10:26 , they believed not because they were not His Sheep, His Chosen Ones , so He could not have Loved them, and they would be exempted from the World of Jn 3:16 !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity