Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 03:47 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your physical person is not of any concern to God who is a Spirit. It is our Spirit that is of concern to God and just as our thoughts are fleeting, so are the many aspects of our Spirit. Only those aspects that are wicked or evil will be removed from our Spirit permanently
God hates all the workers of iniquity ! The persons ! Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

The worker of iniquity is a person !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 05:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God hates all the workers of iniquity ! The persons !

John 3:16 says--God loved the world so much, he gave his only begotten son. So i dont think it is hate as in a mortals view of hate.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
John 3:16 says--God loved the world so much, he gave his only begotten son. So i dont think it is hate as in a mortals view of hate.
Ps 5:5 says God hates the workers of Iniquity.

Old 02-28-2022, 05:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Do you ever think what you are saying? Tell me this, how did you get to the place where God hated you no more ?

This is the gist of what you believe......For God so hated the world he gave his only son, that whosever believes in him will no longer be hated by him

If there is anything that is of this world it is man who can hate one minute and love the next or vice versa, yet you have God down to being like this. You are corrupted by your own doctrines and worse still portray the most high God like he's a devil.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:12 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
God wasn't a big fan of Esau either. I figure God hated him because of all that hair.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:34 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you ever think what you are saying? Tell me this, how did you get to the place where God hated you no more ?

This is the gist of what you believe......For God so hated the world he gave his only son, that whosever believes in him will no longer be hated by him

If there is anything that is of this world it is man who can hate one minute and love the next or vice versa, yet you have God down to being like this. You are corrupted by your own doctrines and worse still portray the most high God like he's a devil.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:25 AM

Now who are the workers of iniquity that God hates Ps 5:5? Its all who are outside of Christ. For the Love of God is to them exclusively which are in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.17

Old 03-02-2022, 10:30 AM

There's a people that God abhors/hates, He does not love Ps 11:5

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth!

The word him here points to a particular person or persons. Sure God hates their sins, however this specifically states God hates him, the person.

See God does love some sinners/persons inspite of their sins Rom 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

However that cant be the same group of sinners that God hates as those in Ps 11:5

The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Or we have a serious contradiction in God !

Old 03-03-2022, 06:47 AM

Even though Esau was an individual God hated Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

He didn't Love, yet I believe esau is representative as well of a entire posterity of individuals God doesn't Love, detailed here in Mal 1:1-4

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever.

See that ? Note a specific people already set apart for this purpose;

"The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever."

These are the vessels of wrath God fits them for destruction and everlasting punishment 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Old 03-03-2022, 12:14 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Even though Esau was an individual God hated Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

He didn't Love, yet I believe esau is representative as well of a entire posterity of individuals God doesn't Love, detailed here in Mal 1:1-4

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the Lord of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever.

See that ? Note a specific people already set apart for this purpose;

"The people against whom the Lord hath indignation for ever."

These are the vessels of wrath God fits them for destruction and everlasting punishment 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
It is clear from your many posts that these primitive and barbaric understandings resonate with your Spirit. I personally would not consider that very reassuring given the Divine Revelation of God's agape love and forgiveness on the Cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity