Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2022, 06:48 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times

Advertisements

Does God love only some of mankind and not all without exception? To answer that lets look at scriptures Ps 5:5 and Rom 9:13 !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
On what basis would they be chosen and why? Are we just robots playing our assigned roles? Explain your thinking.
I have discussed election in another thread thats running.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:38 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Thats false, only Gods Elect, Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Your teachers twist the meaning of that. God knew there would be some elect on earth at the end. But Jesus dying for everyones opportunity to repent and live now to do his Fathers will, proves it is not as you are told. The Nt is sharing with everyone the proper path to gain entrance into Gods kingdom. All have the opportunity because of Jesus death. They were not picked centuries ago.

Old 03-11-2022, 06:32 AM

Many do falsely teach that the world in Jn 3:16 that God so loved is inclusive of all mankind without exception. This they teach wilfully in spite of the various meanings and usages of the word world in scripture. One of the meanings of the word world kosmos is:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

For example the collection of all Gods Sheep, or the gathering together of all Gods children constitute a kosmos or world.

Jesus loved His own in the world Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

So His Own here is a world which is contrasted to the world they were in !

Now is world of Jn 3:16 which God in Christ so Loved the same as the ungodly world Peter refers to here 2 Pet 2:5

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

What about the world Christ refused to pray for Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Do you really believe this world is the world of Jn 3:16 that God so Loved in Christ ?

What about the world in 1 Jn 5:19 which is distinguished from the children of God:

19 And we know that we[Believers] are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Is the world God so loved in Christ Jn 3:16 that Christ is the propitiation of 1 Jn 2:2 the same world that shall be condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we[Children of God/Believers] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord,that we should not be condemned with the world.

So those who teach Jn 3:16 teaches that God so Loved the whole of humanity without exception, because of the word world in Jn 3:16, they are guilty of using the word of God deceitfully.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:19 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Many do falsely teach that the world in Jn 3:16 that God so loved is inclusive of all mankind without exception. This they teach wilfully in spite of the various meanings and usages of the word world in scripture. One of the meanings of the word world kosmos is:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

For example the collection of all Gods Sheep, or the gathering together of all Gods children constitute a kosmos or world.

Jesus loved His own in the world Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

So His Own here is a world which is contrasted to the world they were in !

Now is world of Jn 3:16 which God in Christ so Loved the same as the ungodly world Peter refers to here 2 Pet 2:5

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

What about the world Christ refused to pray for Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Do you really believe this world is the world of Jn 3:16 that God so Loved in Christ ?

What about the world in 1 Jn 5:19 which is distinguished from the children of God:

19 And we know that we[Believers] are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Is the world God so loved in Christ Jn 3:16 that Christ is the propitiation of 1 Jn 2:2 the same world that shall be condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we[Children of God/Believers] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

So those who teach Jn 3:16 teaches that God so Loved the whole of humanity without exception, because of the word world in Jn 3:16, they are guilty of using the word of God deceitfully.

Romans 2:4--God is trying to lead you to repent--That means all have the opportunity.
Every scholar on earth knows Jesus death opened the door to all. Predestiny is not truth. God knew his plan of salvation from back then, and knew there would be righteous ones in the last days.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Romans 2:4--God is trying to lead you to repent--That means all have the opportunity.
Every scholar on earth knows Jesus death opened the door to all. Predestiny is not truth. God knew his plan of salvation from back then, and knew there would be righteous ones in the last days.
God is trying? Lol You don't know who God is friend, God does not try, He does what He wills. Those He Loves and saves He gives them repentance, That is a benefit of His Love and the Death of Christ for His Elect!

Old 03-15-2022, 07:22 AM

Gods Love for a people is a trademark of His Election of them to be a separate special people for Himself, above all other people He didnt choose for Himself. This is seen by what God says of Israel of old Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Gods Love is the particular characteristic for them He has Chosen, Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So the World God Loves in Jn 3:16 are the people whom He set His Love upon that He has chosen for Himself [denoting a special people above all others] in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Gods Love for a people also manifests His Sovereignty over the objects of His Love, like stated in Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Again Mal 1:1-3

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Gods Love for a people distinguishes them from people He hates, whom He does not Love, so His Love is Sovereign and discriminate.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:45 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Gods Love for a people is a trademark of His Election of them to be a separate special people for Himself, above all other people He didnt choose for Himself. This is seen by what God says of Israel of old Deut 7:6-8

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Gods Love is the particular characteristic for them He has Chosen, Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

So the World God Loves in Jn 3:16 are the people whom He set His Love upon that He has chosen for Himself [denoting a special people above all others] in Christ before the foundation of the world.

Gods Love for a people also manifests His Sovereignty over the objects of His Love, like stated in Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Again Mal 1:1-3

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Gods Love for a people distinguishes them from people He hates, whom He does not Love, so His Love is Sovereign and discriminate.
The God you love and promote is a human abomination and not remotely like the God of Jesus Christ! I don't know what Spirit guides you to such evil, but it is NOT God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness Divnely revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
The God you love and promote is a human abomination and not remotely like the God of Jesus Christ! I don't know what Spirit guides you to such evil, but it is NOT God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness Divnely revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross.
You have been shown scripture, you in a fantasy world. God doesnt love all sinners Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:47 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
The God you love and promote is a human abomination and not remotely like the God of Jesus Christ! I don't know what Spirit guides you to such evil, but it is NOT God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness Divinely revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross.
Quote:
You have been shown scripture, you in a fantasy world. God doesnt love all sinners Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
You are following interpretations of inspirations by fallible humans. I am following the direct Divine Revelation by God Himself (Jesus) on the Cross. Which of us do you think is following Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity