Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 02:33 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are following interpretations of inspirations by fallible humans. I am following the direct Divine Revelation by God Himself (Jesus) on the Cross. Which of us do you think is following Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life????
Ps5:5 is the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 03:28 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Ps5:5 is the word of God.
Wrong. It is a primitive human interpretation of inspiration that you THINK is God's word without testing it against God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness - a test it fails.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Wrong. It is a primitive human interpretation of inspiration that you THINK is God's word without testing it against God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness - a test it fails.
Its the word of God.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's the word of God.
No, it is not. It is a misguided misinterpretation of an inspiration the primitive psalmist received.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
No, it is not. It is a misguided misinterpretation of an inspiration the primitive psalmist received.
Yes it is, Jesus acknowledges the Psalms Lk 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Jesus probably had Ps 5:5 in mind when He said Matt 7:23

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Old 03-15-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes it is, Jesus acknowledges the Psalms Lk 24:44

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Jesus probably had Ps 5:5 in mind when He said Matt 7:23

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
The primitive psalmist was talking to his War God who he believed had wrath and vengeance toward wicked workers of iniquity among his savage brethren. Fear of a wrathful War God is how our ancestors' savagery was tamed. Jesus revealed that God is NOT a wrathful and vengeful War God. You ignore Him and accept our primitive ancestors' beliefs about God.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:00 AM

Quote:
The primitive psalmist was talking to his War God who he believed had wrath and vengeance toward wicked workers of iniquity among his savage brethren. Fear of a wrathful War God is how our ancestors' savagery was tamed. Jesus revealed that God is NOT a wrathful and vengeful War God. You ignore Him and accept our primitive ancestors' beliefs about God.
You are probably speaking of a Jesus and god you have manufactured in your mind.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You are probably speaking of a Jesus and god you have manufactured in your mind.
Not true. I am speaking of a Jesus and God who was unambiguously and Divinely Revealed by God Himself (Jesus) as agape love and forgiveness despite excruciating life and death c conditions on the Cross. His deathbed confession of agape love and forgiveness cannot be questioned by mere interpretations of supposed inspirations by our primitive ancestors.

Our primitive ancestors thought God was a jealous, wrathful, and vengeful War God which is why they felt justified in murdering Jesus who made outrageous claims about being God's Son (or even God Himself).

Old 03-16-2022, 07:52 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Dude hates God, sounds like it huh?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 03-16-2022 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-17-2022, 07:25 AM

Gods love for a people results in that people living [spiritually] through Christ, that was Gods Purpose 1 Jn 4:9

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Gods Love will produce Spiritual Life for the Loved ones, so if one never comes into spiritual life, God could not haved them and sent His Son into the world for them.

All whom remain in spiritual death, enter into eternal death, were never loved by God !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity