Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 05:42 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
To have a kingdom, one must have a king, subjects, laws and a realm. The kingdom is here now.

We have a King! His name is Jesus. His kingdom is one of a spiritual nature. He said, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36) Christians are His subjects. We live according to the law of Christ. His realm is His church.

You are correct maam. Jesus is the now reigning King, and the New Heavens is here. He has cast satan out of heaven to the earth, but he has not yet returned to remove and bind satan from the earth yet. That is still to happen in the near future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Kingdom of heaven has nothing to do with that of human achievement.

I agree with that sir, but Jehovah did choose to anoint many humans to be Kings and Priests in His Kingdom, rather than angels. Why do you suppose He did that sir?

Old 10-31-2021, 04:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Now THIS is my kinda topic!

This is the Number 1 homework I give to my Christian friends I counsel.
(Well, actually I give them a choice ....but really I push THIS one...lol)
I tell them for just ONE week....first contemplate every aspect of each word first.
Then, within that week apply this directive.

PS They never do...they can not even do it for just on week. Truth.
Oh well!!!
Back to the drawing board!

Old 10-31-2021, 04:52 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You are correct maam. Jesus is the now reigning King, and the New Heavens is here. He has cast satan out of heaven to the earth, but he has not yet returned to remove and bind satan from the earth yet. That is still to happen in the near future.
Oh, good grief. If this is the new heavens then stop the bus and let me off. Jesus is not yet the reigning king and won't be until after he returns and establishes the Millennial kingdom and is sitting on the throne of David in Jerusalem. How could anybody seriously think that we are now in the new heavens?

Old 10-31-2021, 07:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The Bible tells us that satan being cast to the earth would start a period of woes, what Christians refer to the last days, the time period that satan has till the time Jesus comes and removes him from the earth. If this is not to happen on earth, why would satan be removed from it, and then let loose out of his prison 1000 yrs later to try to deceive people again?

That is just a small amount of reasoning why we believe that the vast majority of Christians will live on the earth.
The religious version of Satan (their other god of this world) does not exist. So, who or what is going to be let out of prison? You might consider that it has something to do with your inner self, when the veil is lifted and your eyes are opened to the truth.

Old 10-31-2021, 11:39 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The religious version of Satan (their other god of this world) does not exist. So, who or what is going to be let out of prison? You might consider that it has something to do with your inner self, when the veil is lifted and your eyes are opened to the truth.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Now THIS is my kinda topic!

This is the Number 1 homework I give to my Christian friends I counsel.
(Well, actually I give them a choice ....but really I push THIS one...lol)
I tell them for just ONE week....first contemplate every aspect of each word first.
Then, within that week apply this directive.

PS They never do...they can not even do it for just on week. Truth.
Oh well!!!
Back to the drawing board!

What would you say seeking the Kingdom first entails Miss Hepburn?

Old 11-01-2021, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Oh, good grief. If this is the new heavens then stop the bus and let me off. Jesus is not yet the reigning king and won't be until after he returns and establishes the Millennial kingdom and is sitting on the throne of David in Jerusalem. How could anybody seriously think that we are now in the new heavens?

Jesus gave us the signs of his presence sir Mat 24:3. What are the "last days"?

If you can answer that question, then you can understand what he meant Mike.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:03 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yup, quite right

Except for the Christians as being his subjects part, as children we do need lessons

In Galatians we see a different theme being developed and a need to understand things in a different way, of coming out from under the teachers, schoolmasters of the law and bondage and being free by faith

Gal 3:22**But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23**But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24**Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25**But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
To be subject to Christ means to submit yourself to Him. True Christians submit themselves to Jesus and are His subjects.

◄ 5293. hupotassó ►
Strong's Concordance
hupotassó: to place or rank under, to subject, mid. to obey
Original Word: ὑποτάσσω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hupotassó
Phonetic Spelling: (hoop-ot-as'-so)
Definition: to place or rank under, to subject, mid. to obey
Usage: I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:11 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree with Meerkat that we are children being taught to become mature spiritually, not subjects or pets in obedience training. The problem is that too many people forget that the law of Christ is summed up in two commandments - Love God and love each other (and judge not lest ye be judged).

We are to follow the guidance of the Comforter (God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness) as revealed on the Cross by Jesus. We need not fret over specific laws of any kind because we would not sin. The states of mind associated with the Holy Spirit immunize us from sin. It is only when we are in other states of mind that we are vulnerable to sin.
To love Christ is to do what He says. “If you love Me, you will keep my commandments (John 14:15).

To subject oneself means to submit oneself. A true Christian will humbly submit himself/herself to Jesus. He/she will obey Him. A true Christian is no longer a slave to sin, but a slave of righteousness.

◄ 5293. hupotassó ►
Strong's Concordance
hupotassó: to place or rank under, to subject, mid. to obey
Original Word: ὑποτάσσω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: hupotassó
Phonetic Spelling: (hoop-ot-as'-so)
Definition: to place or rank under, to subject, mid. to obey
Usage: I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity