Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 09:49 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times

Advertisements

“Anyone who sins is a slave to sin. A slave has no permanent place in the family but the son does. Therefore if the son frees you, you shall truly be free.”

Problem here is the son has not freed you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 03:10 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Best to repent to God and let it go, rebuke the demons who deceived you to Jesus name asking for discernment of spirits in prayer Stop thinking and talking about it let it go as God forgave you already

Old 11-16-2021, 05:20 AM

27 posts, read 7,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“Anyone who sins is a slave to sin. A slave has no permanent place in the family but the son does. Therefore if the son frees you, you shall truly be free.”

Problem here is the son has not freed you.
I am not in habitual sin. I made the great error or backsliding once into wilful sin and I was not taking care of my spirit how I should of been - thank God that He has given me a heart of repentance. If you are going to say it's because I was never saved, my reply to that is that I do not believe in once saved always saved. I am fully accountable for my backsliding and I recognise this fact.

Old 11-16-2021, 05:37 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameizhere View Post
I have noticed that when we sin, it separates us from God. This is understandable, but after we repent from whatever sin we have committed how can we restore this relationship and closeness to God again that we once had before? Sometimes I struggle with recovering well after sinning, especially with condemnation, etc. I don't want to despise God's discipline by allowing myself to feel hopeless. I think it's good I fear the Lord and I thank God for that greatly and I never want to feel comfortable with sin, but sometimes I allow that fear to become more than it should be by feeling condemned.

All Christians sin Amy, but not all are sorry for it. Clearly your view of sin shows your love for God. Jesus died so that repentant ones can have their sins blotted out maam. To be forgiven of sin, one only has to approach Jehovah in prayer, asking through the name of our mediator Jesus to be forgiven. Mat 6:12; Jn 14:16. Keep in mind that Jehovah wants you to be forgiving as well, as was instructed us at Mat 6:14, a requirement for forgiveness. To be truly repentant however, you must not continue to do it, if you cannot control your sin, or if it is a serious sin (1 Cor 6:9,10) it would be best to approach the elders for help.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:46 AM

27 posts, read 7,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
All Christians sin Amy, but not all are sorry for it. Clearly your view of sin shows your love for God. Jesus died so that repentant ones can have their sins blotted out maam. To be forgiven of sin, one only has to approach Jehovah in prayer, asking through the name of our mediator Jesus to be forgiven. Mat 6:12; Jn 14:16. Keep in mind that Jehovah wants you to be forgiving as well, as was instructed us at Mat 6:14, a requirement for forgiveness. To be truly repentant however, you must not continue to do it, if you cannot control your sin, or if it is a serious sin (1 Cor 6:9,10) it would be best to approach the elders for help.
Amen, as I look back also, I see that David while still righteous fell into sin. Once he repented, he was forgiven. Others who committed transgression in the Bible were forgiven if they repented, but were not forgiven if they did not repent. Therefore, I shall continue to stop and fight against sin, repenting for the rest of my life and continuing in faith. Thank you for your advice.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:08 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This ideology of being true believers is beyond the pale, as there is nothing special about you, or other Christians.
This is true of virtually every religion, Jer, not just Christians. The desire to be special snowflakes in God's eyes seems to be ubiquitous. Children tend to feel the same about their parents as well resulting in sibling rivalry.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:58 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
1. Jesus death on the cross took away the sins of the WORLD. Hebrews tells us there is no forgiveness of sins without the sh edding of blood.

2. We are not holy we are not pure and we can do nothing to remove sin, and neither can another human.

3. Jesus gave the world instructions on what to do in this age of grace, that is to believe the gospel he gave personally to Paul in 1 Cor 15:1-4

The focus should always be on what HE did and not you........even our good works are filthy rags to God......figure it out people..........

Old 11-16-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameizhere View Post
Amen, as I look back also, I see that David while still righteous fell into sin. Once he repented, he was forgiven. Others who committed transgression in the Bible were forgiven if they repented, but were not forgiven if they did not repent. Therefore, I shall continue to stop and fight against sin, repenting for the rest of my life and continuing in faith. Thank you for your advice.
No. David did not sin. It wasn’t possible for him to sin. God never would’ve said He was going to raise up a righteous shoot to David if that were the case.

Man does not get it. Your righteous or a sinner there is no in between. But man fails to understand the precepts of God. The son does.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:28 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. David did not sin. It wasn’t possible for him to sin. God never would’ve said He was going to raise up a righteous shoot to David if that were the case.

Man does not get it. Your righteous or a sinner there is no in between. But man fails to understand the precepts of God. The son does.
Let's see. David admitted that he sinned but you claim that he didn't sin. I think I'll go with what David said.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Let's see. David admitted that he sinned but you claim that he didn't sin. I think I'll go with what David said.
Did he actually say he sinned or is that just your understanding?

Scripture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity