Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 05:44 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont have to deal with it, I accept the Hebrews scriptures as the word of God, I accept the same religion as Jesus.

You dont, you are the one who has to deal with your own contradictions.

Just saying, here you are talking about sin and you cant even explain what sin is, and you did highjack the Hebrew scriptures for your own created religion, but you cherry pick what you want and toss the rest out.

Cherry picking just proves it cant be the word of God.

" Read this, but dont read that."
Maybe you're confusing me with someone else as I do recognize the Hebrew Scriptures as the Word of God, I don't cherry pick, and I have no problem explaining what sin is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 06:20 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Maybe you're confusing me with someone else as I do recognize the Hebrew Scriptures as the Word of God, I don't cherry-pick, and I have no problem explaining what sin is...
Hanni is not confusing you with anyone. He considers all Christians to be pagans who do not follow the religion Jesus followed.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:24 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Maybe you're confusing me with someone else as I do recognize the Hebrew Scriptures as the Word of God, I don't cherry pick, and I have no problem explaining what sin is...
Meh, I was just being nasty today, sorry.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:25 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Meh, I was just being nasty today, sorry.
No harm done

Old 11-17-2021, 07:02 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
In 2 Samuel 12:13 and in Psalm 51:2 David confesses his sin concerning his adultery with Bathsheba.
So he does. And God put David’s sin away. He would not die because of it. Because David was his servant he got special treatment.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:46 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
What you have to do is be honest with yourself about why you did what you did. Having done that, you can work on those reasons.

I think this is especially important between men and women. You have to remember that we are not much more than children. That means that our emotional self is quite capable of thinking atrociously. If a man does something because deep on the inside he hates all women, even if only for a short time, he should deal with why he does, before he comes around and tries to apologize. Maybe a man needs to tell his woman something, and this "sin" is how he deals with not being able to express himself?

Some men hit women, over and over again. They are always genuinely sorry. They go into a different state of consciousness, though, when it comes upon them. Likewise, for any other thing a man might do that isn't as outright violent as all that, but is still the result of hating all women.

The same thing goes for sex, if we perceive it as some kind of ownership exercise, or that you or your partner really could be either dominant or submissive as an entity, I mean really, then you have to do something about that before grovelling for forgiveness another time. Obviously, a crooked view of the world insisted upon an action, again. It is very important to see every potential partner as a real human being, not some pincushion that you can get what you want out of. Because, you have to understand, when you see someone else who is actually that important to you in that way, you see yourself that way. Why are you doing that? What happened to your self-respect?

It's not wrong to need love, you see, but maybe your sin is the result of not understanding how to respect yourself when trying to learn how to get it? Everybody's shape of love is different because we all have different reasons for perceiving we need love. It takes comprehension of love to truly operate as a being that can be generous, or not, depending upon the circumstances. And the kingdom is about all our generosity working together. Otherwise, we tend to err. So, we have to listen to each other. There's probably wisdom in those other people's stories. There certainly appears to be wisdom in feeling empathy for them, teaching me something about how to relate their plight to mine. It's not that hard to see why Jesus told us not to judge each other, unless we make it hard.

I could offer many more for instances, but we are not looking to create some list. We want to understand a concept. I think you get the picture. And, please, don't take the fact I mentioned sex to put sexual innuendo into everything I said. I know it's tempting. Low hanging fruit even, but that wouldn't get at what this sort of definition of 'respect between equal persons' really means. It applies to all those sexual relationships because it applies to all relationships.

Yeah, that's tough stuff. I'm not directing this at OP, not really, as everybody, I hope, can tell. Please don't accuse them of anything. What I am saying is, if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then doesn't that mean the kingdom is near, at the very door?

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 11-18-2021 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 11-18-2021, 12:30 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
So he does. And God put David’s sin away. He would not die because of it. Because David was his servant he got special treatment.
I never said that God didn't put David's sin away. I simply corrected your claim in post 28 that it wasn't possible for David to sin.
''No. David did not sin. It wasn’t possible for him to sin.''
You have now admitted that David did sin.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:37 PM

27 posts, read 7,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
No. David did not sin. It wasn’t possible for him to sin. God never would’ve said He was going to raise up a righteous shoot to David if that were the case.

Man does not get it. Your righteous or a sinner there is no in between. But man fails to understand the precepts of God. The son does.
I am not understanding why scripture says he sinned and committed transgression if this were to be the case.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:45 PM

27 posts, read 7,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
What you have to do is be honest with yourself about why you did what you did. Having done that, you can work on those reasons.

I think this is especially important between men and women. You have to remember that we are not much more than children. That means that our emotional self is quite capable of thinking atrociously. If a man does something because deep on the inside he hates all women, even if only for a short time, he should deal with why he does, before he comes around and tries to apologize. Maybe a man needs to tell his woman something, and this "sin" is how he deals with not being able to express himself?

Some men hit women, over and over again. They are always genuinely sorry. They go into a different state of consciousness, though, when it comes upon them. Likewise, for any other thing a man might do that isn't as outright violent as all that, but is still the result of hating all women.

The same thing goes for sex, if we perceive it as some kind of ownership exercise, or that you or your partner really could be either dominant or submissive as an entity, I mean really, then you have to do something about that before grovelling for forgiveness another time. Obviously, a crooked view of the world insisted upon an action, again. It is very important to see every potential partner as a real human being, not some pincushion that you can get what you want out of. Because, you have to understand, when you see someone else who is actually that important to you in that way, you see yourself that way. Why are you doing that? What happened to your self-respect?

It's not wrong to need love, you see, but maybe your sin is the result of not understanding how to respect yourself when trying to learn how to get it? Everybody's shape of love is different because we all have different reasons for perceiving we need love. It takes comprehension of love to truly operate as a being that can be generous, or not, depending upon the circumstances. And the kingdom is about all our generosity working together. Otherwise, we tend to err. So, we have to listen to each other. There's probably wisdom in those other people's stories. There certainly appears to be wisdom in feeling empathy for them, teaching me something about how to relate their plight to mine. It's not that hard to see why Jesus told us not to judge each other, unless we make it hard.

I could offer many more for instances, but we are not looking to create some list. We want to understand a concept. I think you get the picture. And, please, don't take the fact I mentioned sex to put sexual innuendo into everything I said. I know it's tempting. Low hanging fruit even, but that wouldn't get at what this sort of definition of 'respect between equal persons' really means. It applies to all those sexual relationships because it applies to all relationships.

Yeah, that's tough stuff. I'm not directing this at OP, not really, as everybody, I hope, can tell. Please don't accuse them of anything. What I am saying is, if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then doesn't that mean the kingdom is near, at the very door?
I have to be honest, I have completely no idea what to say to this, and I don't understand it at all much either. Lol

All I can say is the fact that I sinned was not for me personally due to a lack of respect for myself, it was a distance that I allowed to build between me and God. In essence, that was a lack of a fear for God in my life, and therefore I ended up not having enough respect for Him - leading me to sin.

Old 11-18-2021, 01:47 PM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
It's not an lol thing, first of all. I think you know that. But I hope I made it clear, I was very definitely not aiming anything at you. This is to address things that go unspoken that must be spoken. Who is it who is on the watchtower that when they fall asleep, the ravagers come? Have they not been asleep, lo, these many years?

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 11-18-2021 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: the writing process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity