Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 11:11 AM

4,222 posts, read 4,750,725 times

Advertisements

I thought there was one unforgiveable sin and that it was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Is this correct?

I am asking because those who take the mark of the beast will 'not' be forgiven and will be damned to hell...

^Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 11:19 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
This entry is very helpful and goes in-depth (you have to scroll down to the section titled "Sins Against the Holy Ghost"):

"The sin or blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is mentioned in Matthew 12:22-32; Mark 3:22-30; Luke 12:10 (cf. 11:14-23); and Christ everywhere declares that it shall not be pardoned. In what does it consist? If we examine all the passages alluded to, there can be little doubt as to the reply..."

Old 11-22-2021, 11:29 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
There are a couple of things going on here.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, unforgiveable - I don't think that applies for Christians today, being that once we receive the Holy Spirit, we are sealed (2 Corinthians 1:22). When Jesus said that, they were still in the Jewish, pre-resurrection time period - and the Holy Spirit was not used the same as He is today.

Mark of the beast - I understand why people would think it's unforgiveable - but it doesn't seem accurate to me.

Revelation 14:9-11 - Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Worshipping the beast would seem to be the worst offense here. I don't see it as unforgiveable, but maybe God is marking them for destruction. Just my opinion... I can be swayed in another direction.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:13 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Believers who push the Holy Spirit away or God and Jesus will not have their sin forgiven, as Holy Spirit is the deliverer of the grace of God ...... Like Jesus said ``repent or perish `` so if people reject Holy Spirit then the forgiveness of God cannot reach it to them even if they repent............... But they can still stop rejecting Holy Spirit and receive Holy Spirit, as Jesus is worthy

Old 11-23-2021, 05:20 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I thought there was one unforgiveable sin and that it was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Is this correct?

I am asking because those who take the mark of the beast will 'not' be forgiven and will be damned to hell...

^Is this correct?

You are correct South. It is very hard to sin against the holy spirit, I define it as you have to know God well and deliberately work against His purposes. Perhaps you may agree with that definition. Judas would be a prime example.

Receiving the mark of the beast is accomplished by standing with the governments on earth against the Kingdom of God. Very likely more information will be released in the future, but if you seek God's Kingdom first now in your life, it would be highly unlikely you will be phased when this separation comes to the fore.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:28 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:

^Is this correct?
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is knowingly and deliberately spreading lies about God in an attempt to malign Him. It is not forgiven in this age or the next but God has many, many, many, many,....ages. If God is to be all in all , and He will accomplish this great feat one day, there are none that are left fallen. This no way takes sin lightly. Sin is still deadly if not dealt with.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:40 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:

^Is this correct?
It's the same thing. It's rejecting Christ.

Old 11-23-2021, 05:43 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is knowingly and deliberately spreading lies about God in an attempt to malign Him. It is not forgiven in this age or the next but God has many, many, many, many,....ages. If God is to be all in all , and He will accomplish this great feat one day, there are none that are left fallen. This no way takes sin lightly. Sin is still deadly if not dealt with.
Where do you get that stuff from?

Old 11-23-2021, 05:57 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
I thought there was one unforgiveable sin and that it was blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Is this correct? I am asking because those who take the mark of the beast will 'not' be forgiven and will be damned to hell...
blasphemy against Jehovah God's Holy Spirit, applied in Jesus time. as well as in our time, it does NOT change. those who has the mark of the "wild beast", are those who refuse to do Jehovah God, Jesus Father's WILL. these will NOT enter God's Kingdom, (Matt. 7:21 Not everyone that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). these ones instead obey and follow the Laws of their governments when it strictly goes against Jehovah God and Jesus.

and they won't be in any HELL, as in the false teaching of a "Hellfire." they just won't have a chance to ever be resurrected back to life. when Jehovah God raise back many of those who have died, (John 5:28,29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation).

Old 11-23-2021, 09:43 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:

^Is this correct?

The mark of the beast is given to those with pagan.holy days like Christmas and esster but they are still saved.

Its not a matter of opinion, being sealed in your forehead and right hand is a matter of the law, and the promise of God that if you keep only his holy days, he seals you in your forehead and right hand because you keep his feasts.

Everyone is sealed on Rosh Hashanah, those Gentiles who accept God's ways are counted as Israel so they escape the judgement and are given an inheritance in Israel.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-23-2021 at 10:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity