Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 03:05 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times

Advertisements

This question was asked of Jesus.

Luke 13
[22] And he [Jesus] went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 03:10 PM

11,114 posts, read 7,174,871 times
Is there a question here, or are you just advertising scripture?

Old 05-28-2018, 03:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Not according to evangelicals who are constantly boosting how many BILLIONS have come to the fundamentalist church.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:16 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Advertising his belief that he is one of the few that are saved. What’s he going to do when he discovers there’s no bible in the heaven of his imagination?, think he’s in hell ?.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not according to evangelicals who are constantly boosting how many BILLIONS have come to the fundamentalist church.
Spreading like wild fire one of them said, while believing at the same time only a few enter the narrow gate of becoming a born again bible believing Christian. Is it any wonder they go hiding when questions are presented to them about their contradicting beliefs, but unlike the fundies of Jesus’ day, these are different kettle of fish, tell them “he that’s without sin cast the first stone” they will justify stone throwing.......... We’re just hating hating the sin but loving the sinner so they become one of the few like us that are saved, disagree with us and we’ll cry persecution.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
He is the poster-child for false advertising, but believes it's healthy.
Although, it's not quite a full twelve-inches ........

Old 05-28-2018, 04:29 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Luke 13
[22] And he [Jesus] went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
I think if we connect the ^ above ^ words to the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as described at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40, then the humble figurative ' sheep ' will be ' few ' in comparison to the haughty ' goats'.
After all, Jesus did forewarn us at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:51 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
Luke 13:22-29 is from a time when Jesus was preaching during apostasy in Israel ..... Where today millions are saved to Jesus ..... Still people who don`t see salvation in the church today don`t have a true witness of Jesus Christ and need to find a better church ......

Old 05-28-2018, 05:04 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Luke 13
Well, pasting what Jesus said about what will happen to many on this forum will not get you many positive marks.

Perhaps if one, just one, of them would turn from their made up religion and put their faith in the real Jesus, then it is worth the grief and aggravation we receive from the rest of the walking dead.

Last edited by SumTingy; 05-28-2018 at 06:00 PM..

Old 05-28-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Well, pasting what Jesus said about what will happen to many on this forum will not get you many positive marks.

Perhaps if one, just one, ofhem would turn from their made up religion and put their faith in the real Jesus, then it is worth the grief and aggravation we receive from the rest of the walking dead.
Please try to understand who Jesus was actually aiming these words at, of cause in your biased mind you think it's all who disagree with you, but if you are capable of reading of the scriptureswith an open mind, you would have to agree that any tongue lashing was reserved for and aimed at those who thought they had the truth, those who who would sell their granny rather than compromise on the doctrines and traditions they follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity