Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 01:56 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,843,028 times

Advertisements

In the nkjv:

Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Rom 1:19, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
Rom 1:20, For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Rom 1:21, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22, Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 03:28 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Do you know people who lie and reject Goodness, or bad is good and good is bad, then you have people who are friends to the wicked spirits of this world .......... So Jesus has a plan to convert everyone as Jesus has the power to get people to accept the righteousness of Jesus and follow Him ......... So it is the wicked leaders which could have the wrath of God on their works where they will be a failure .............., It is best for believers to pray and bless through God for the people who are wicked as Jesus wants them all to follow Him and His children need to help Jesus with our prayers to follow the Jesus plan ...... See if God's children curse wicked people, then that will attract the devil. So the devil can come after the children of God, don't want that. But they are called not to reject people but love the enemies and pray for them

Old 04-19-2022, 04:23 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
I think JBF had me in mind with that passage.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:29 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Oh, I think there are quite a lot of names on his ‘list’

Old 04-19-2022, 04:35 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Ask Paul. He was no Jesus, and rambled on terribly.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:46 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Oh, I think there are quite a lot of names on his ‘list’
I think you're right.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:05 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Probably you, me and others. Ad Hominem fallacy straight from the Good Book itself :-) Much easier than actually addressing actual points.

But that's more often than not the playbook of fundamentalists.

Also when it comes to unbelievers, he may think that it's an assertion that would actually give us pause. He's afraid of god's judgment, so despite that I don't believe in any gods, somehow, I would fear the judgment of this non-existent being myself. It's like warning someone using an electric drill not to drive it faster than 30 miles per hour and always signal any turns. Makes no sense.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:35 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Oh yeah, he has a long list.

I have said this before when similar types have taken it upon themselves to point their self-righteous fingers on this forum.

Watch the episode of Twilight Zone called Four O'clock. A man is keeping a list of all the people in town he deems as evil. No one listens to him. Then he somehow devises a curse somehow that will make all the evil people shrink to two-feet tall at Four O'clock on a certain day.

Then Four O'clock comes, and he finds himself two-feet tall.

The truth is not found in the Bible only!

Old 04-19-2022, 06:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
In the nkjv:

Rom 1:18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Rom 1:19, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
Rom 1:20, For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Rom 1:21, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22, Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
To think wrath is actually being zapped out of somewhere up in the sky that you believe is heaven is utterly absurd. Such a thing does not exist where God abides. It is simply saying that which is not of heaven is clearly known to us and to live in those states which are not heavenly, we reap the consequences of them, they are manifested in and through us. You present before me an extremely loving person and one full of hate, without either of them saying a word, I would know which was the loving one and the one that is hateful. We wear what we are.....

Old 04-19-2022, 07:30 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To think wrath is actually being zapped out of somewhere up in the sky that you believe is heaven is utterly absurd. Such a thing does not exist where God abides. It is simply saying that which is not of heaven is clearly known to us and to live in those states which are not heavenly, we reap the consequences of them, they are manifested in and through us. You present before me an extremely loving person and one full of hate, without either of them saying a word, I would know which was the loving one and the one that is hateful. We wear what we are.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity