Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 08:05 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are a bold face liar. Way back on this baloney of Jesus being a man of war, i pointed out you you that God is not a man so it cannot be true. Your answer was, it is the man Christ Jesus who is the man of war, the reason you gave for it being so, the Exodus verse you use to justify the scripture say He's a man of war,, Moses called the man of war, Lord, meaning he must have been referring to Jesus because he called him Lord and God is not the Lord. I then used you go to testament, the old one and quoted it saying God is the Lord.
I am not lying when I say that the scripture declares that the LORD is a Man of war (for that is what it says in Exodus 15:3).

And I have never said that God is not the LORD.

I have said that if God is not a Man of war, then God is not the LORD; because the LORD is a Man of war.

Exo 15:3, The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

What are you going to do with that scripture?

Believe it?

Or, remove it from your Bible?

Let me remind you that the latter option has consequences (Revelation 22:18-19).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2022, 08:24 PM

553 posts, read 172,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I am not lying when I say that the scripture declares that the LORD is a Man of war (for that is what it says in Exodus 15:3).

And I have never said that God is not the LORD.

I have said that if God is not a Man of war, then God is not the LORD; because the LORD is a Man of war.

Exo 15:3, The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

What are you going to do with that scripture?

Believe it?

Or, remove it from your Bible?

Let me remind you that the latter option has consequences (Revelation 22:18-19).

I think you should order Chinese take out. When you get to the fortune cookie, open it; and no matter what is actually written on the slip of paper, to your eyes it will read: Exo 15:3, The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Then you'll have your sign directly from the LORD that you are always indisputably correct regarding your man of war.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
I think you should order Chinese take out. When you get to the fortune cookie, open it; and no matter what is actually written on the slip of paper, to your eyes it will read: Exo 15:3, The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Then you'll have your sign directly from the LORD that you are always indisputably correct regarding your man of war.
Don't be ridiculous.

The only reason why I have to keep repeating myself concerning this particular doctrine is because even though it is plainly in front of the people I am talking to, they continue to deny its truth.

My suggestion to them is that they ought to take scissors or white-out and remove this verse (Exodus 15:3) from their Bible or else believe that it is the truth.

The former option has consequences (Revelation 22:18-19).

Here is another passage out of Revelation.

Rev 19:11, And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12, His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14, And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15, And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16, And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is obviously talking about Jesus (see John 1:1,14).

It is obviously saying that in righteousness He does judge and make war.

Old 05-01-2022, 09:12 PM

Old 05-01-2022, 09:33 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Hey wells, how did you stumble onto a fortune cookie that just happened to have the Bible verse that's being argued about?

Old 05-01-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Hey wells, how did you stumble onto a fortune cookie that just happened to have the Bible verse that's being argued about?
Didn't you know? There is no other bible verse!

Old 05-01-2022, 11:18 PM

Quote:
post #4
Amen; because Jesus is the Good Shepherd;

Therefore if you are a wolf attempting to penetrate the flock, you will find Him to be your enemy.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Didn't you know? There is no other bible verse!
Since when does anyone put Bible verses into a fortune cookie?

I always thought that fortune cookies were exclusive to eastern religions.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:16 AM

This subject, I thought, was actually concluded in another thread; with the following words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
JBF,

Moses called him God a man of war. The same Moses that killed a man and did not end up in the promised land.

This verse of scripture just came to mind to me when I was reading again your insistence that the prince of peace is a man of war and let me share with you how I applied it once in a situation, and how peace won the day

Psalm 120: 7I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

This happened over 20 years ago. I had a brother who offended really easy and when he was, everyone knew about it. He was also very strongly opinionated and got angry if you disagreed with him, especially about the scriptures. Cut a long story short, our relationship due to this became strained, I had had enough of it and began pushing back and staying firm, especially at that time with my new found freedom in Christ. We decided to meet to work things out. Knowing his capacity to prove himself right and argue that, when I got to his house I quoted that scripture and it literally silenced him, he understood it, to the point he had to completely change his approach to the reconciliation we were seeking between us.

Psalm 120: 7I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.
Quote:
I would say that God also, is indeed for peace; but that when He speaks, those who hear Him are for war.

Because God has a Son and sons who are human and can be harmed or even killed, God anticipates the war of the enemy against His children and operates as a Man of war in order to defend His children against those who are for war.

Jesus is the Good Shepherd.

What this means is that if someone is a wolf, attempting to penetrate the flock and make the sheep his prey, God is going to be that person's enemy.

He will devise strategies to keep the sheep safe from wolves who seek to penetrate the flock...even to the point of harming the wolves in order to protect the sheep.

Thus, the LORD is a Man of war, against wolves who would seek to penetrate the flock.

Because He is the Good Shepherd.

Old 05-02-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Since when does anyone put Bible verses into a fortune cookie?

I always thought that fortune cookies were exclusive to eastern religions.
Maybe you should develop a side hustle where you inculturate your verse into Eastern Oriental fortune cookies; so that those who, after enjoying their Panda Express, may be enlightened that the LORD is a man of war. You could become a mini-tract publisher for the benefit of the souls of the Eastern heathen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity