Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 11:50 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is what our ignorant primitive ancestors believed was necessary to appease their War God. Their ignorant belief about God is what corrupted the interpretation of what Jesus Divinely Revealed on the Cross about who God TRULY IS. They completely missed the point and misinterpreted its significance and the understanding of God to the detriment of the Christian faith for millennia, IMO.
You are full of doggy doo-doo, Mystic.

You keep denying the only truth that can save you.

I fear for you that you will never come to a place of being saved through Jesus' precious shed blood.

Tell me, do you believe that His blood was even shed?

If you are not forgiven of your sins through that efficacious work, how are your sins forgiven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 12:17 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
That is what our ignorant primitive ancestors believed was necessary to appease their War God. Their ignorant belief about God is what corrupted the interpretation of what Jesus Divinely Revealed on the Cross about who God TRULY IS. They completely missed the point and misinterpreted its significance and the understanding of God to the detriment of the Christian faith for millennia, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You are full of doggy doo-doo, Mystic.
You keep denying the only truth that can save you.
I fear for you that you will never come to a place of being saved through Jesus' precious shed blood.
Tell me, do you believe that His blood was even shed?
If you are not forgiven of your sins through that efficacious work, how are your sins forgiven?
Our sins were only a problem because they kept us separate from God which was the problem for our ancestors prior to Jesus. Once God became one of us as Jesus, there was no more separation from God so our sins had less importance. That is why God no longer is counting our sins against us. They still have an impact on our need for refinement but that is a separate and less important issue. We are no longer separated from God because of Jesus becoming one of us. That is actually the "Good tidings of great joy to all the people."

Old 05-18-2022, 12:19 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
Our sins were only a problem because they kept us separate from God which was the problem for our ancestors prior to Jesus. Once God became one of us as Jesus, there was no more separation from God so our sins had less importance. That is why God no longer is counting our sins against us. They still have an impact on our need for refinement but that is a separate and less important issue. We are no longer separated from God because of Jesus becoming one of us. That is actually the "Good tidings of great joy to all the people."
You are very wrong.

Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness).

Old 05-18-2022, 09:07 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,267,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to keep oneself from being polluted by the world...and live a comfortable life! Its just not possible in the world today.

If someone truly committed themselves to this, they would be in prison. (but maybe we are not supposed to live a 'comfortable life' here? IDK

Think about it..our world is ruled by Satan himself...how is it possible for a true Christian to live a comfortable life in such a world? (they are either fooling themselves or justifying being polluted).

You cannot serve two masters...you either live and prosper in Satans world, or you remove yourself and remain true to Gods laws, (cannot do both successfully), and Satan is NOT going to just allow Christians to thrive and prosper in HIS world!
What does a “polluted world†mean to you? Imho, it means sinful. The Greek word used in 1 Peter 2:2 is “aspilos.†It means unstained, undefiled, spotless, pure. Let’s not forget that the blood of Jesus cleanses us when we confess our sins and repent. True Christians are spotless.

Keeping ourselves unstained is not a suggestion. It’s a command. God would not command us to do something we are incapable of doing. Because of Jesus’ shed blood, we can be pure and undefiled.

Even though we are in the world, we are not to be OF the world. Yes, it is possible to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. We have the freedom to turn away from temptation. Satan doesn’t force us to sin.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by not being able to live a comfortable life in a polluted world.

For me personally, I surround myself with good Christian people. They are who I spend my time with. This doesn’t mean I don’t interact with worldly people. I just don’t hang out with them. I don’t let them be an influence.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:13 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,267,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If I go out and help people as often as I can, (but do it for the simplicity of just helping others), and not because of God, why would God take joy in that?
One can do great works of charity, but if it’s not for the glorification of God, it’s meaningless. Everything a believer does must be for Gods glory.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,894 times
Quote:
You are very wrong.

Heb 9:22, And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission (forgiveness).
if you read it carefully. it talks about virtual blood of spirit that is instead physical blood of OT.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:20 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Quote:
You are very wrong.

You are very wrong. Remission of the disease of sin happens within us like any disease NOT in God. God did not and does not need to change toward us. He loves us, period. WE had to change toward God and reciprocate His love, NOT continue to fear Him and His non-existent wrath that was all in the primitive imagination, fables, and misunderstandings of our ancestors.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:41 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
if you read it carefully. it talks about virtual blood of spirit that is instead physical blood of OT.
"According to this arrangement, gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper," - relating to requirements of the Law.

" 22Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. (-explanation for those of 1 Cor 2:14)

23Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these."

"blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God." - Paul is very here specific using word Christ which has no flesh with physical blood - explanation for those of 1 Cor 2:15.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:02 AM

11,073 posts, read 7,146,060 times
The relationship is necessary. Without that we just have a hollow shell of ideas, rules, and regulations.

Think of the early Christians of Jesus' time. They had no bible, no formal churches, no established religion. It was pretty much all new, as Jesus showed by his clashes with the established Jews (Sadducees, etc.) And yet they knew of Jesus, his mission of salvation and new life. They didn't need a system of religion. It was basic and simple, as it should be with us. It's the churches that clamor after support of religion, for their own power and sustaining.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:05 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Think of the early Christians of Jesus' time. They had no bible, no formal churches, no established religion. It was pretty much all new, as Jesus showed by his clashes with the established Jews (Sadducees, etc.) And yet they knew of Jesus, his mission of salvation and new life. They didn't need a system of religion. It was basic and simple, as it should be with us.
I take issue with the bolded as being not historically accurate. There were formal churches, as the letters to them preserved in the New Testament attest to. As far as an "established" religion, it's hard to say because I don't really know what you mean by "established"... But the religion had been established by Christ. Of course there were controversies to work through. There still are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity