Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
I was amazed when I had a vision of Jesus...some months later my 5 year old nephew also had a vision of Jesus. I talked with my friend who is a Pastor and he told me had a vision of Jesus. Muslims are seeing visions of Jesus. Click here
Jesus Is Coming Soon! - The Last Adam (http://www.jesusiscomingsoon.org/ChristMuslims.php - broken link)
Visions of Jesus Stir Muslim Hearts
and people all over the World are having visions. This is a biblical sign Jesus is coming soon. Jesus said in the end days he would pour out visions and dreams. He is doing that now. Here are some very important things to know.
#1) God knew you were going to exist before he created the World. He already knew your name, the day you were going to be born and the day you are going to die. He has the hairs on your head numbered! Now that is love!
#2) Everyone has a book in heaven of there life...everything they have ever said, everything they have ever done, and everything they have ever thought is written in your book. God knows everything!..And will judge us by what is written in our books.
#3) Our books are full of sin!! We are worthy of hell! We need to have our books cleansed or we will perish forever in hellfire.
#4) God made a way for us to cleanse our book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we hand over our life to Jesus and invite him to live in our hearts he cleanses all our sins out of our books with his blood. All our sins get erased and Jesus said that he will not remember them! Wow! Now that is Love. No matter what we have done God will forgive us and erase our sins from his mind!
#5) After we get saved, The Holy Spirit lives in us and cleanses us and makes us new. He makes us into children he wants us to be. :-)
#6) The raprure is happening soon. Noone knows when. Only God the Father. Jesus will come down from heaven and pick up his holy spirit filled children. Everyone that is without the holy spirit will be left behind for all eternity and they will suffer in a Lake if Fire forever. If Jesus was to come tonight and you weren't saved you will have to pay for your sins forever in hell.
#7) Jesus loves you so very very much and doesn't want you to go anywhere but with him. All you have to do is believe Jesus is Lord and make him God of your whole life and follow him and his Holy Word. That is all you have to do and Jesus will let you live with him forever...Better than that...He will spoil you...He will prepare a Mansion for you in heaven and you will get a crown and have all you ever wanted in heaven!(As long as it is not sinful :-) When Jesus creates the new heavens and new earth you will come back to earth to live with God forever and ever!
#8) God has watched you read this thread and he is looking at your heart this very instant..Will you hand over your life to him? It is simple. Bow your head and say this prayer:
I believe in God and is his son Jesus Christ. Jesus I believe you are Lord and you died on the cross to cleanse me of my sins, and I believe you rose again on the third day. In this moment I am asking you to forgive me of every sin that I have ever committed in my life. I am sorry. Jesus, I have made the decision to hand over my life to you. I give you all my life and will follow you the rest of my life. I invite you into my heart. Please come into my heart and put your holy spirit in me. Please wash away the sins of my past with your precious blood and make me new. I give you all my mind, heart and soul. Please make me new through your holy spirit. Please help me discover what your will is for my life. Please take my life and guide me for the rest of my life by your holy spirit. I surrender to you Lord Jesus. Thank you for my salvation. Thank you because I have just been saved and am now your child. Amen Ì
If you said this prayer you are now saved! The angels just threw a party for you in heaven. :-) Next step is to get a bible. Go to Moderator cut: advertising/etc.
Next step is to find a bible believing born again Christian church and get baptized. :-) "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized..."(Acts 2:41)
Begin to read your bible and follow the word of God. :-)
Scriptural support?

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 8,194 times
Corking28 : I'm posting on this thread because the original thread I read was already closed.... thanks!

corking28 : Praise God for your testimony!!! I do not believe your testimony "attacks" Catholics and non-Christians. All of the passages you quoted are the true word of God : 2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

FIRST OF ALL : I appreciate your testimony as I am currently witnessing to two very close friends that claim they feel lost even within their Catholic belief...they themselves tell me they don't really know who Christ is and they want a relationship with Him.

So, I have been looking for testimonies like yours because although I have been fired up about witnessing the gospel to all who have not heard or have been taught away from the bible, I am careful in researching how to share the truth without offending.

Many people do not realize the extremely powerful influences Satan has on people without the Holy Spirit. He influences the heart to be "foolish" (not in a less than intellectual way, but more so to reject knowledge and truth from God). Satan hardens the heart of those who have either never heard the true gospel or have only heard the "people-pleasing" or "feel-good" sermons without repenting sin, dying to the sinful nature and resurrecting with Christ as a new creation, born of the Spirit.

Those who do not truly know and accept Christ, attack those who share true gospel; they are defensive of their traditional ways and refuse to allow the Holy Spirit in to reveal to them their sinful ways. Jesus Christ and his disciples were all rejected by so many, persecuted, ridiculed, beaten, imprisoned and killed for sharing God's Word. So may God bless you even more for being accused of offending those who reject the truth!!

For those that get angry at "True Believers" (and I say true believers because way too many people call themselves Christians but do not live the Christian life as intended through Jesus' ministry) for pointing out the false doctrines taught by many : Why do you get so angry at us for sharing the true gospel?? And why should we be tolerant of false teachings? If it is not found in the bible, than it is not from God (as the bible is "God-breathed")....if it is not from God, then it is from Satan (as God has himself says in the bible). Let me say that again... if your belief is not Scripturally Sound (found in the bible which is God's true Word), then your belief is not from God... if it is not from God, then it is from Satan. You accuse True Believers of attacking your belief when on the contrary, you are angry because the truth is being exposed and no one likes to look at themselves in the mirror and see their flaws... not even me! Which is what the Holy Spirit does as he convicts us of our sinful nature. So that we may realize our need for salvation through Christ...because He loves us! Why should we (believers) be accepting of any other teachings than that found in the bible?? If we accept anything other than God, then we accept Satan and his demonic influences on man. Jesus rebukes all the religious teachers for their false teachings, self-glorifications, shallow praise, and man-made traditions.

Jesus himself spoke of the Narrow Gate that leads to the Kingdom of Heaven. he said, to these religious leaders (very well respected in their churches) that when the day of judgment comes, they will cry out "Lord Lord", but Jesus said, "I never knew you". Why? Because they preached in God's name but they twisted His words to fit their own traditions and to glorify themselves.

Jesus was not tolerable....nor should we (believers) be tolerable of any other teachings. We are the ones offended for our Lord Jesus Christ has been robbed of all the glory which is rightfully his and his alone!!

(To "happ's" (in a previous thread): a personal testimony is just that.... a personal testimony. No denomination was attacked and unbelievers were not attacked. The truth was just simply revealed in one person's life and her personal experience was amazing for many to hear. If you chose to reject it, then you have chosen your eternal destiny already. At least she gave scripturally sound passages as references to support her experiences. And the bible is undeniably God's true Word. So, to anyone who finds this offensive, first open a bible and look up the passages yourself. Ask God to grant you wisdom to understand His word. If you cannot understand the bible, then it is because you need to turn the "Light" on; which is Jesus. Accept him as your personal Savior, then accept the fact that we "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). Ask God to reveal to you your sins so that you may sincerely repent and believe in Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection as payment for your sins. Ask God to grant you wisdom so that you can begin to read the bible with an open mind and heart only to be convicted by the Holy Spirit.....then, you will see the truth and NOT find offense in it, but will rejoice in the truth as you experience God's love for you!!)

Corking28 : My dear sister in Christ, you can share your testimony 5, 20 or even 100 times over because there will always be someone who didn't read it the first time!!!! Praise God.

I feel moved by the Holy Spirit to offer to you advice as you share your testimony.....

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....be careful in choosing your words when you advise someone to recite the prayer you wrote above!!!!!

The way you have written it CAN mislead someone in thinking that "reciting" a prayer in and of itself will save that person. It is very dangerous to tell someone.... "pray this prayer". By doing so, you are walking the same line as the Roman Catholics that established their church which teaches salvation, but substitutes a system of grace plus works in which human works are more important.

A “Sinner’s Prayer” (as most commonly called today) is a verbal description of what takes place in your heart as you believe and accept the grace of God whole-heartedly. It is not the words of the prayer that save you, it is merely an affirmation to God that you believe his word, accept his grace, are sorrowful of your sins and ask for his mercy.

Have I prayed a "sinner's prayer"???? Yes, I did and I continue to do so everyday as I reaffirm my faith in Jesus Christ. But, I did not pray the prayer in order to receive salvation. I did it and continue to do it every day BECAUSE I believe and have accepted Christ.

In telling someone to "pray this prayer", they may say it but not mean it, therefore it is useless. But, this can cause the person to falsely convert and without true repentance, they may continue to live in their sinful nature...never experience the Holy Spirit and never transforming. Take for example the Parable of the Sower. These people may represent the seeds that fell on shallow rocky soil or the soil with thorns. As soon as trials and tribulations hit them hard, they will burn up by the sun or be choked by the thorns and weeds, thus causing them to fall away from God and even cursing Him for being led to Him under false understanding..... that all they needed to do was recite a prayer.

Now, I completely understand where you're coming from and I'm soooo very excited for you. I also do not disagree with you in the fact that we must, believe, accept, repent and be born of the Spirit. And yes, God commands us to pray these things....it's all throughout scripture.

So, when I share the gospel, I use the "Sinner's Prayer" as an example of the condition our heart must be in and I share a generic form of sinner's prayer to get the point across. But, I am extremely careful not to lead them in this prayer unless they insist they do not know how to pray (which is understandable) If I lead them in this prayer, I make it absolutely clear that they understand the prayer is meaningless if they are not sincere about believing, accepting and truly sorrowful for their sins.

I Praise God for the work he is doing in your life and demonstrating His power through you. May you continue to grow in your walk with Him and continue to be used for the purpose He has set for you and for all of us who believe in Him.

May your life be a living sacrifice and the most powerful testimony of all!!!! Amen!!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,390,877 times
There is nothing no one can do to make sure of going with Jesus christ when He comes, either one is elect or not..

Old 08-02-2009, 03:55 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
I was impressed with the Paul Washer video that HotinAz posted on his "Can you Stand the Truth" thread. I watched 9 of the 10 indictments. This guy is terrific--not afraid to speak truth to power. One thing he said that really struck me: "The Sinner's Prayer has sent more men to hell than all heresies combined." When you hear his reasoning it's really true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity