Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM

21 posts, read 67,850 times

Advertisements

I am an Independant Bible Preaching Missionary to Belize Central America.
A few months ago I had to leave the mission field due to a health problem with my wife.

Does anyone know of any Bible believing churches looking for a pastor in Massachusetts?

I am not pentecostal/charasmatic but am an expository Bible Preacher.

If you know of any churches looking for a Pastor anywhere in Massachustts could you please let me know?

Thank you,
Andrew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 07:43 PM

348 posts, read 557,177 times
Default Pentcostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionaryToBelize View Post
I am an Independant Bible Preaching Missionary to Belize Central America.
A few months ago I had to leave the mission field due to a health problem with my wife.

Does anyone know of any Bible believing churches looking for a pastor in Massachusetts?

If you know of any churches looking for a Pastor anywhere in Massachustts could you please let me know?

Thank you,
Andrew
I'm sorry to hear about your wife.

Quote:
I'm always willing to learn new things

Could you please "explain" and what the difference is?

How much money or what wage would you expect?

Thank you. All for now.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,064 times
MissionaryToBelize: Take comfort in the fact that the Lord knows our needs even before we ask. Do what you know to do and leave the results up to Him. All things work out for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. After all, the birds of the air and flowers of the field trust Him. I know it's easier said than done, but that's what He's trying to teach us in order to transform us daily into the image of Christ. I pray your wife has a full recovery and that God leads you to the job He has in mind for you.

Hiram: if you are in Alberta, Canada, why would you ask him what he expects for a salary? Don't you think that's slightly inappropriate and personal, unless you're interviewing him for a specific job?

Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Default Would this help?

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

It lists nearly 500 churches here in Massachusetts.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Take gentle care.

P.S. How ironic is this, coming from June?

Last edited by Yac; 06-10-2008 at 04:32 AM..

Old 05-25-2008, 11:05 PM

348 posts, read 557,177 times
Default How much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Hiram: if you are in Alberta, Canada, why would you ask him what he expects for a salary? Don't you think that's slightly inappropriate and personal, unless you're interviewing him for a specific job?
Perhaps. I just have never asked anyone before and am curious.
Thats all.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:29 PM

739 posts, read 2,186,449 times
I know of a church for sale in my town. It looks in good shape and it's got a steeple and stained glass windows. It's been on the market so long you could probably buy it cheap and start your own religion or whatever.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:14 AM

Dear Hiram

Sure, a short answer is that I do not believe that the signs being manifested in the pentecostal movement today messure up to the standards found in the first century church (New Testament) when these signs were first manifested....in other words I think they are counterfeit. I say that as someone who was once deeply involved in the leadership of a mainstream pentcostal church (in the early 80's). This was not a comfortable reality for me to face at the time.

By expository preaching I mean taking both the meaning and structure of the sermon from the Biblical Text. The idea is that the preacher presents the word of God to the congregation in the shape (with the same emphasis and nuances) that God gave it to us in the Bible. People don't come to church to hear my opinions (at least they shouldn't)....they come to hear the Word of God. I believe that Jesus Christ should be allowed to be the head of each individual church. The way that is accomplished is by allowing His word to reign suppreme. That is what expository preaching is all about in a nut shell.

As far as salary and wage goes, my wife and I only need enough to survive. Christianity is not business. As soon as the motive becomes "making money" that is THE END. The rewards for preaching the Word of God are Eternal. Although I also think that there is nothing more thrilling and exciting here and now than preaching the Word of God.

Thank you for your questions

Last edited by MissionaryToBelize; 05-26-2008 at 09:38 AM..

Old 05-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Simple Living:

Thank you for your encouragement and your prayers.

They are greatly appreciated!
Andrew

Last edited by MissionaryToBelize; 05-26-2008 at 09:40 AM..

Old 05-26-2008, 09:21 AM

willdufauve:

Could you forward me information on it?

Not looking to start a "religion" but just a continuation of what Jesus has already begun.

Thank you so much
Andrew

Last edited by MissionaryToBelize; 05-26-2008 at 09:42 AM..

Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 AM

june 7th:

Thank you for your help.

I will check it out.

Blessings,
Andrew

Last edited by MissionaryToBelize; 05-26-2008 at 09:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity