Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 11:56 AM

923 posts, read 237,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
What is Israel? What makes someone an Israelite?
Being born again makes you a member of Biblical Israel as it did in the OT. But in the OT Circumcision also made one a physical Jew or member of Israel. When Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, only the Born-again remained as Israel. To these God added born-again gentiles. The broken-off were now unbelieving gentiles practicing Jewish customs and Christ-hating Talmudic false religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2022, 01:07 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
~ What 'Church' Are
The 144,000 Of ALL The Tribes Of The Children Of Israel Of ?

Old 10-03-2022, 06:47 PM

4,621 posts, read 1,166,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ What 'Church' Are
Thats the Church, the Body of Christ !

Old 10-03-2022, 07:30 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
~ What 'Church' Are
Its actually spiritual Israel, not literal Israel. John had no clue what the religion would be called here in these last days, he symbolically said Israel, just meaning-Gods chosen.
That religion now would be the ones serving the Abrahamic God as Literal Israel did= a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)

Old 10-04-2022, 04:04 AM

The Church, the Body of Christ Israel, has always been those individuals God foreknew in the purpose of Christ Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The same people Paul speaks of here as referring to the Church the Body of Christ Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

And these are the ones it is promised Jesus shall save from their sins , His People Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins 2

Old 10-04-2022, 09:35 AM

444 posts, read 112,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Being born again makes you a member of Biblical Israel as it did in the OT. But in the OT Circumcision also made one a physical Jew or member of Israel. When Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross, only the Born-again remained as Israel. To these God added born-again gentiles. The broken-off were now unbelieving gentiles practicing Jewish customs and Christ-hating Talmudic false religion.
I like to go to where Paul said If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: He then lists off his credentials as a Jew.

circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.

Looking at this list, I see two things that make him a Jew. (1) born a descendant of Israel (2) circumcised. The rest is not required to be a Jew.

Christians meet those two requirements spiritually.
And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands,

As for born again. I believe what Jesus was telling Nicodemus was that his birth into Israel would not get him into the kingdom. He had to be born again into spiritual Israel.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:28 AM

923 posts, read 237,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
I like to go to where Paul said If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: He then lists off his credentials as a Jew.

circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless.

Looking at this list, I see two things that make him a Jew. (1) born a descendant of Israel (2) circumcised. The rest is not required to be a Jew.

Christians meet those two requirements spiritually.
And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands,

As for born again. I believe what Jesus was telling Nicodemus was that his birth into Israel would not get him into the kingdom. He had to be born again into spiritual Israel.
Born of descent does not make one an Israelite or a Jew. Study this “And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Genesis 17:14 (KJV 1900)

Old 10-04-2022, 01:28 PM

444 posts, read 112,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Born of descent does not make one an Israelite or a Jew. Study this “And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” Genesis 17:14 (KJV 1900)
Yep, that's the way I see it.

Old 10-07-2022, 12:35 PM

I'm going to clarify something. National ethnic Israel was God's people while under the old covenant and it was by national covenant. However within that national covenant Israel was remnant Israel the spiritual body of Christ, God's people He foreknew. That Israel will be conformed to the image of Christ. Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren

So yes in a real sense national ethnic Israel was God's people for a time by national covenant!

Old 10-09-2022, 06:50 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
~ Yahshua Told His 12 Apostles That
IN The Regeneration (1,000 yr reign)
When He Sits On His (Davidic) Throne Of Glory
They Too Will Sit On 12 Thrones
Judging The 12 Tribes Of Israel (144,000) - Mat.19:28

And John Saw Thrones And Judgment Was Committed To Them - Rev.20:4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity